Part 16

The next time Louis wakes he's engulfed in Harry's smell, he opens is eyes and realises Harry's pillow is behind his head and there is a blanket on the bed that smells and looks like Harry's from home.

"Hey darling, how's my boy" Harry asks from beside the bed, he's stroking Lou's hair lovingly, Harry is dressed in sweats and a sweater with his signature backwards cap and he looks amazing.

"I'm k, just sore" Louis says.

"You slept a good 28 hours, that's really good baby, you're doing so well" Harry says smiling.

"Can I come home" Louis asks innocently.

Harry smirks.

"No darling, but we've brought home to you, when you are out of intensive care we can bring some more things over but for now, the bedspread and pillow will have to do" Harry smiles.

"Thank you Harry" Louis says honestly.

"Anything for you" Harry says so sincerely.

"Can I sit up" Louis asks Harry.

"Only for a little while okay, you need to be lying down for your rib to be healing properly" Harry says.

"My rib?" Louis asks.

He has no idea what his injuries are, he hasn't had the chance to really ask, and he doesn't really want to know.

"Sweetheart, remember when I told you your injuries were severe" Harry asks,

Louis nods in understanding.

"Well, your right rib was shattered completely, Drew and I had to reset it, your spleen was ruptured because of it and we had to take it. Your left kidney is badly damaged from the stab wound but Scott was able to save it, you had massive internal bleeding and nearly didn't make it. Your right shoulder was dislocated and you had a cracked skull which thankfully are both healing nicely" Harry explains to Louis, as gently as possible.

Louis looks at Harry and he looks lost, he doesn't understand why this happened to him, he tries to remember what happened but he still can't.

"Oh" Louis says numbly.

"Come on I'll help you sit up" Harry says trying to distract Louis from his thoughts.

He grabs Louis under the arms and Louis grips Harry's strong arms, Harry gently raises Louis but Louis cries out in pain, it's so intense he feels like he can't breathe.

"Ahhhhh nooooo, I can't I cant It hurts" Louis cries out

"It's okay, it's okay, it's going to be painful kiddo, but once I get you comfy you'll be okay"Harry says.

He makes quick work of raising the head of the bed for Louis, he gets him as comfortable as possible and dries the tears that have fallen.

"It's okay, it's okay I'm here, this position is good for your chest and if we can do this for a little while everyday your chest infection will heal quicker" Harry says,

"I don't want to, I don't want to do this anymore, Harry please it hurts just make it all go away" Louis breaks.

"Shhhhhhh, shhhhhhhh, I'm so sorry baby, if I could take away your pain I would, I'm so sorry" Harry says as he calms Louis as best he can.

"I just want you, I just need you and I can't have you" Louis says brokenly.

"I'm right here angel, right here" Harry says.

"I want your arms, I need your arms and you and I can't have you" Louis cries.

"Oh darling it's okay" Harry says.