Christmas Baking - Seo Changbin

Christmas was on the way, and snow was piling up outside. My boyfriend, Changbin, and I have lived in this small, two bedroom apartment for a long time. It was small and cheap, but needless to say, cozy and warm. It was my favorite place to spend Christmas, especially with Changbin.

          We decided to bake cookies this afternoon, and since our kitchen was empty, we needed to buy some groceries that will be needed when preparing the cookies. We buckled up in the car and made our way to the closest grocery store. 

          While in the car, Changbin played some music and kept me laughing and entertained. When we met last winter, I didn't think our friendship back then would change this way. I couldn't help falling for his adorable charms. He is just too perfect not to admire, and no one blames me for my decision.

          I personally could not believe it when he confessed to me that day. I was always too shy to confess about my feelings. I was just too afraid I would ruin our friendship. However, when he confessed to me first, I was over the moon. He may have expected a rejection and getting friendzoned, but not when I was head over heels for him. Who would reject him?

          He never failed to make me laugh, and I was incredibly grateful for him. Dating each other only made us closer, and it was a way for us to be more open towards each other. Not to mention, it caused us to fall even harder for one another.

          We finally arrived at the grocery store. The whole building was decorated with green and red fairy lights in celebration of Christmas. Not to mention all the Christmas trees outside, glinting and lighting up the area.

          "What's on the list?" Changbin asked, the second we entered the place. I looked around, then to the list of ingredients on my phone's screen.

          "Let's see... Flour, eggs, sugar, butter, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt. I think that's all." I replied, scrolling down the website page. The sugar cookies recipe looked simple and easy, even for beginner bakers like Changbin and I.

         "That's all? Then this recipe should be fairly easy. Let's get the eggs first, I think they are in that aisle." Changbin suggested, and pointed across the store. I decided to trust him and follow along. 

          We went around the store looking for all the other ingredients on the list. Then we stumbled across the snack aisle, and we couldn't help piling up half our trolley with all types of snacks. After about half an hour of grocery shopping, we agreed that we have everything we need and left the store after paying.

          "How long has it been ever since the last time we went grocery shopping?" questioned Changbin, when he started driving the car. 

          "I'm honestly not sure. We've been on a diet of ramen from the convenience store for an unhealthy amount of time. Cooking a homemade meal sounds like a difficult task, to be honest." I laughed, not believing the amount of ramen I ate in the past month. I honestly couldn't wait to go home and bake the cookies with Changbin. We could either have a really good time and end up with some delicious cookies, or we could burn down our apartment and have to eat burnt cookies for dinner. Whatever we end up with, it would still be a great change from instant noodles.

          Changbin smiled at me and looked back towards the road. "Why do you look five times more beautiful today?" He rhetorically asked, sending me off guard and leaving me flustered.

          I was blushing profusely and I tried to hide my pink face. "Thank you." I squeaked, my voice coming out softer than I intended. I wanted to compliment him too, but I was too shy to even speak.