Other forms of fighting

Types of martial arts

Karate: This involves many styles of self defense involving kicks, punches, and open handed chops. It was invented in Japan and was used across the country, it became very popular and was entered into a kumete in the 1980s soon after was taught in Australia, America and England.

Jujitsu: Was invented in China and Japan, this martial art is a mix of aikido and judo. All three martial arts rely on grappling, a technique that involves fighting in close with your opponent with lots of body contact, it can involve anything from throws to strangle-type holds to taking your opponent to the ground or floor and fighting there using armlocks and many more. Jujitsu uses the attacker's momentum and force against them, via using joint locks (in which you force your opponent's joint, such as an elbow or knee, beyond its normal range of motion, can lead to a broken arm if they do not give in, resulting in painful injury) fighting on the ground is called Brazilian jujitsu, relies on choking the opponent and continuing the fighting on the ground.

Aikido: Aikido doesn't use kicking and makes less use of hand strikes than jujitsu, but focuses more on pushing movements accompanied by joint locks.

Judo: This martial art also invented in Japan. Like jujitsu and aikido, it's based largely on grappling, but in this case with an emphasis on throws and pinning the opponent to the ground
(You should learn Juijitsu to cover this).

Hapkido: This Korean martial art involves a variety of weapons, including belts, ropes, and canes. They're used in moves including kicks, joint locks, throws, and hand strikes to the body's pressure points such as the neck and upper thigh.

Kung fu. Was invented in China. This Chinese martial art uses a few different fighting styles, those that focus on arm work, such as rapid, close-range punching; and those that focus on more skill based techniques, with kicks and leg work.

Krav maga:
I don't really know what this one is.

Taekwondo: This Korean martial art may be one of the world's oldest. It's based on kicking in particular, and a few hand strikes, throws, and punches. Taekwondo is mainly all about the kicks but use a lot of energy to do so.

Tai chi. Focuses on inner strength (yoga)

Muay Thai: In my opinion probably one of the most dangerous forms of fighting. Invented in Thailand, it involves a huge amount of close- combat, it uses the entire body as a weapon due to using whole body movement for a single strike. In this form of fighting is involves shins, forearms, knees and elbows for attacks. Kicks and punches are used also.

Eskrima Kali: Is a weapons based form of fighting.