Basics to learning MMA

╔════====══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══===═══╗

Always keep your hands up
Because: it's your shield, it will make it easier to block hits by attackers, it's quite easy to drop your hands in a fight and can give the attacker a perfect opportunity to lay a hard hit on the face preferably the chin. Always tell yourself, if you drop your hands you automatically lose the fight. Both your fists should be placed on your temples.

After throwing a punch or a hit, your hands should go back up to your temples and plus it looks professional.

Your left leg should be a ahead of the right leg and 40cm distance between them! 30% of your weight should be on the front leg and 70% on the right because it balances you: say you got pushed you would not lose your balance much compared to if you got pushed without this stance.

Your left hand is the leader not the right, if your front leg is forward, then your left arm should be a few inches forward too, If your left hand is the leader this would make you an Authodox fighter. Southpaw is when your right hand leads, but you should consider being both Authodox and Southpaw.

Keep your chin down, shoulders up, this protects your chin, but can leave your ribcage open for a hit, you can avoid this by sinking your elbows into your ribcage and ducking a little or covering them up.

🔝
(That is the first thing you learn in martial arts)

Second thing they teach you.
First Stage:
Hits/strikes

Jab, cross, hook, uppercut, over the top, roundhouse kick, blocks, elbows and knees.

Slips, sweaps, paddleback, footwork, paddleforward and side to side, ducking and veering to left and right, stepping off and other hits, such as the superman punch, palm attack etc come after you've learned first and second stage, by stage 4 you should be sparring with others (practicing)

With experienced fighters if possible.

After that they taught me armlocks, stiffjabs, stiffcross, stiffhooks, spinning elbow, chokes, and painful places to hit someone, such as the throat, thigh/leg, nose, ribs, solarplex and that hip bone.

Then your ready for the next sparring stage, by this stage you should be experienced in MMA.

MMA comes from all forms of fighting, therefore you are learning techniques from all of them, except the stances and fist placement. (Where your hands/fists are on your temple) and 30% and 70% balance, you're just mixing them up. For example, Muay Thai knees and elbow strikes are in MMA.

Let's say you have learned Kung fu and Muay Thai but you mix them together, that's not MMA that's two different forms of fighting but you're just putting them together.

Also let's say you're about to do a knee strike you can either quickly change into the Muay Thai stance to perform a strong strike or you can perform the strike from another stance (Kung fu) stance, if that makes any sense.??? (It doesn't really matter)

I also learned from others: Eye gauge and crushing the windpipe. Which I'd probably never use, it's good to know though but it can end a fight in seconds.

************************************
Weapons: Eskrima Kali
It teaches you how to use nearly all weapons,
Swords, bats, axes, machetes, sticks etc.
Note: if you learn nunchakas it makes it easier to learn Eskrima Kali or visa versa.

They teach you strikes and blocks. (right attacks first left attacks second)
Left blocks, right blocks, footwork, two handed and long weaponary. Note: Your wrists have to be flexible to do most of the moves.

I always mess up the footwork in Eskrima Kali. It takes a while to perform the moves perfectly, for me that is anyway. ;)

But Eskrima Kali is only if you want to learn to use weapons affectively, like where to hit, how to block attacks or just simply for fun.
************************************

You don't have to learn every single form of fighting to do MMA, but you can borrow strikes and even footwork from them.

When you hit something you should be using the middle knuckles, and do not bend your wrists it will only lead to a sprained wrist, this is why you wear gloves or hand wrapping for the wrist, trust me when I first started I sprained my wrist and it stuffed me up for training, that whole week.

Don't step back, unless your paddling back, if you step back slowly it can leave an advantage to the attacker and don't cross your legs, if your legs cross for too long and the attacker uses it against you, like pushing you, you will fall over completely, this is where ground defence comes in handy, or the attacker could kick you in the ribs and head.

Skill involves
Set up hits: tapping arms down, leg sweaps and other set up moves, are handy if your tired in a fight.

Unfair fights: Scenario
Okay you've just went to a new school and some boy starts giving you dirty looks and calling you names, making fun of you and treating you like a piece of crap, he has a lot of friends with him two or three, they look for you at lunch and they're throwing rocks, one hits you in the head above the eye, you get really pissed and want to fight, even know it's four on one, you start with the one in front of you, the closest right, you hit him but the others form around you attacking from behind and side on, to avoid getting hit move out of the way and try to take them out from your advantage, you really want to avoid getting pushed to the ground, that's why move around avoid it.
************************************

Question!

If you were alone in a giant cage arena and a furious gang of 60 maybe even 100 were coming your way I know it doesn't sound very realistic but anyway, they were going to kill you, would you fight till death? Or give up and just wait till you die? Well you're going to die anyway, so you might as well fight your death. Running isn't an option.
Okay or you had one knife which can kill the others easy, providing you stabbed them in vital areas, if the gang didn't gave any weapons, you might be able to kill alot of them knives are fatal and will go a long way and will use less energy.

Did you know if you stabbed someone in the armpit, they will die in 30 seconds, due to there being an artery that bleeds faster then anywhere else in the body this is the same as the throat but the throat will still seep out slower than the armpit artery.

The heart, head and spine will obviously kill you eventually.

Fatal points: Throat, heart, armpit, thigh artery, head, spine and ribcage.

Also if you were stabbed in the solar Plex you'd live up to 3 hours before you lost too much blood, bloodclots would form making you last a little longer , like 10 minutes but is a long and painful death, if you went to a hospital you would probably survive.

You'd survive wounds to arms, lower legs, upper legs if arteries are missed. A large artery is located in the thigh which leads to the heart. Also the solar plex if you made it to a hospital in time.

Another fact: If you got hit in the ribs and they broke, which punctured through your lung, it would make it hard to breath and would hurt incredibly bad, it would wind you and with only half the air you get 50% if you were hit in the chin even if it wasn't a hard hit, you would get knocked out instantly, and if you were unconscious and fell on your belly, due to you not getting any air you could die.

If you punched some one and they got knocked out and fell on the stomach lying face down, they may not get enough air and could die, this is why you lay them on their back so they can get more air. (Or they could go brain dead) from not getting enough air to the brain.

If you have watched a boxing round or MMA round and one guy or girl was knocked out, face down on their belly, the ref or medical doctor will turn them on their back!

Also if one of the fighters can not see through one of their eyes they stop the fight and choose a winner.

╚═══====═══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ═══===═══╝