Block it/Avoid it (Techniques)

Blocks: Blocks are pretty simple just cover up the places you don't want to get hit.

Kick Blocks: By lifting your shin up fast and putting it back down can avoid a kick to the thigh, your knee should face the direction of the kick, basically your knee and shin will block the kick, but can also be blocked if you just lift your leg a bit.

Veering: Veering is practically getting out of the way by going left or right, it's basically stepping off, stepping off to the left of someone is a good way to get out of trouble, veering to someone's left could possibly leave them open for a hit to the ribs and head.

Slips:
A slip is when you move your head out off the way from a hit. Can be put with ducking and tapping down a strike.

Ducking: When you duck from a hit.

Tapping down: This is when you tap a hand down that is blocking or striking, say a jab is performed by the attacker and you quickly tap it down, it can score you a hit instead.

Paddling: : D paddling sounds a bit weird, it's not when you paddle a boat or paddle on the water like a duck. It's when you side step fast, you can paddle across the room it's useful for getting out of the way and into a better position for you, possibly a position you can use as your advantage.

Weeving: weeving is when you dodge a hit similar to veering but you don't move you stay in the same place.