Love for You || besa.

It was challenging, yes. Living with three mothers that made life bitter to the very end. To be told you were to live up to an expectation and anything less is useless gives a sense of damage. To be told you were born as a servant to someone mightier gives a sense of abandonment. He didn't want to live a confined life. He wanted life to look beautiful, not the dull, gray, and monotone it had looked since birth. He wanted to prove worth. He wanted to assist, but who? The child who ran away from his problems?

     And it was all a cause of their mother. She was a very beautiful, elegant lady yet expressing love was not her forte. She didn't know how to express love equally among her children. And on top of that, a sense of rivalry echoing out for the burden of being in love stung her as well, flooding her senses."I'm worth it. He...loves...-" She couldn't even choke out the words if she wanted to because she knew that never in a minute or second in time where they real. They were "expressed" but through what? False touches and sweet nothings? They were sweet nothings, in a literal term. They were sweet but in the end, they meant nothing. She smoothed out her Victorian style dress, it's every detail matched to make her look stunning yet the woman did not feel as beautiful as her dress. She met her own sapphire eyes that sunk with hopelessness. She had a stony exterior in the mirror as she tried to influence the emotion in her eyes. She was alone in her room, after all, getting ready to face the outside and have another day of hiding how she truly felt. She smoothed out her hair one last time, turning in the mirror, checking and making sure every single hair was in place.

  Finally, when she finished, she walked out of her room. The corridors were silent as her heels clicked on the marble floor.

   'Click, click, click"

   Her mind had many thoughts as she made her way down the corridors but she quickly dismissed them all, something she was used to doing after all the years of enduring hurt. She found it easier to hide her expression, rather than letting the people who didn't have the best interest in the take advantage of her heart, as they had have done many times in the past. When she reached a wooden door with patterns and roses craved into it, she stopped. She suddenly raised her hand, doing something out of character, reaching out to softly touch the door. As her icy hands made contact with the door, she gently followed the patterns, her hands sinking into and tracing the beauty. She suddenly stopped as she pulled away quickly, looking around and knocking to cover up her awe with the carvings. She stood in a moment of silence as she waited for an answer, retracting her hand from the door.

   After a few seconds, the door opened to reveal a maid with brown hair and yellow eyes."Yes, Lady Beatrix. Shu-sama will be finished in a few moments." She nodded quickly as the maid shut the door. She moved to the side of the door, waiting and waiting. She usually had her eldest son visit her yet today, she had a surprise. A few moments later, a child walked out of the rose engraved door then timidly looked up at his patient mother. He had blond hair and sapphire eyes, the same as his mother. He looked like her mere copy yet male and short. She nodded to him and walked, as he clumsily followed. She had seen it out of the corner of her eyes yet chose not to notice. Making her way down the stairs, her fingers gripping her dress to be sure not to fall. The terror of falling in front of her son fueled her light and precise steps. She made it to the last step, gently stepping to the ground and glancing behind her to be sure her son was near. They met eyes briefly, his eyes worried and filled with uncertainty, yet curiosity. She softly smiled, barely unnoticeable and walked. She wanted to give her son assurance that everything would be fine.

  Finally, they made it to the entrance of the manor. The wife stopping a few feet from it as servants opened the doors. The night's calmness instantly resonated within the mansion as she looked at the stars, twinkling as her eyes did once. This woman is Beatrix Sakamaki, mother to Shu Sakamaki and Reiji Sakamaki and the second wife of the Vampire King, Karlheinz.