Golden Rose || shsa.

Waking up from my enormous bed, I scan the room, somehow thinking of the minor details that only a Queen could think of. That's right. I am Queen Maleficius but that is merely what all queens are called. My real name is Y/N Sakamaki. Sakamaki isn't my last name yet or maybe never will be. You'll find out why later, but my real last name is L/N and I am the ruler of the Vampire Clan, after Karlheinz. I am currently competing with another girl for the heart of the current king. Believe it or not, I was normal if normal consists of living in a house with 6 leeches, and an extra of 4 half ones. And I was the first sacrifice after Cho Ruve. So, the sacrifice is a woman or man...who is sent to leeches for the sole purpose of blood.

     Not confusing when you've dealt and had your only value drained and constantly reminded. Anyway, besides the torture, I had taken interest in the eldest and he seemed to take a deep interest in me. For a while, I had to deal with his sadistic way until lust turned into love. Sadism turned into trust. I almost remember telling him this as if it were yesterday. He had angered me and I had left the room. His sapphire eyes showing sadness, and I had turned before I left and said,"I know you think I'm leaving forever, yet I am not. I am simply taking a break from your attitude. Shu Sakamaki I will always love you and stay by your side no matter what. No matter if someone breaks us apart, you will always have my heart. I get upset because I don't understand you but I promise, I will always return and I promise, since you know I'm immortal, I won't die without you." And I left the room. When I returned, no words were exchanged about it except he embraced me and whispered almost inaudibly about how he loved me.

     Little did I know, the 'I love you's would reassure me of his actually love. We were going great until Cho appeared. The little witch flirted her way to him and he had blindly befriended her. He looked as if they were inseparable. Disgusting. And one day, Karlheinz popped out of nowhere, demanding the eldest to talk with him. I overheard a tad of their conversation. ("You must choose one. For the sake of our bloodline, for the sake of-")

     ("I know father! I wish I could make my own decisions without having you behind everything!")

     And Karlheinz left abruptly. Shu looked as if angered, and it was seldom that I stayed away. I knew he didn't want anything to do with me. Or maybe, he did? Well, he must have a hard time expressing it. Anger built within me suddenly. Why must I suffer? Every day, I watch him and her together and I get my esteem and everything built away when I see them kiss. Why was I torturing myself like this? I ran upstairs to my bedroom, confused, broken, and hurt. My emotions got the best of me and tears streamed down my soft face. I let out no whimpers though. I will not be weak. I will not let the man I love and the man that betrayed me see me cry. All in all, I still carry my pride. And in these things, I must move on. I got up and went to Reiji's room suddenly. He was the mean man, but now, after what has happened, I must vent to an intellectual man.

     As I knocked on his chamber door, he opened, surprised and let me in. There, I vented technically and he looked as if he had time for me. After all, I was inhuman and I knew how he despised humans. He helped me through and at the end of our tete-a-tete, I was smiling. As I walked out of his chamber, I returned to my room and smiled. I got my life together, rather than wallowing in sadness. I wrote a few short stories. I drew landscapes on my digital drawing tablet and I had gotten better. Of course, sometimes my blood would get sucked, but you know, whatever. And I thought I got him out of my head...But I was seriously wrong. I was going mad but got my mind off of it. And slowly, my madness was numbed by writing. And slowly, every time I would catch him sleeping without Cho on his arm, I would draw him. It was the only connection I had with him. A drawing.

     One day, it had been normal. The boys attended school but today, I had stayed home. I was trying to get this commission done and Reiji agreed with my proper reasoning. As I had laid in my bed, my pillows propped up in a special position, I drew. Suddenly, the door had a knock on it. Strange. I should be the only person in the house. I rushed over to see who it was and it was none other than the person that had caused my madness. Shu. I slammed the door immediately, to which he with his strength, caught. I went back to my bed, anxiety, and love confusing me to where I had to steady my breathing.