Chapter 1 💗

2 WEEKS AGO

  Finally it's summer and I'm gonna do just what I do on all summers, read my books and play Call on duty. It's boring, I know but am used to it . But something is different this summer, Dad is coming home today and I'm extremely happy.

I really miss Dad. It's been 3 months since I have seen him which explains why I am so anxious and happy to see him today.

"Lunch is ready"..I look up and see Daniel, my elder brother.

"Am not hungry", I reply curtly

"C'mon Stella,I know you miss Dad a lot and he is going to be home soon. He made a promise and I know he is going to keep it.So don't starve yourself".

"Am not starving myself,Daniel .I'll eat some other time" I reply,rudely this time.

"Okay,as you wish, he replies moving towards the door.

"Thanks for asking" ,Daniel.
But he's gone already.

Daniel and I don't really get along.Mum was the only one who helped settle our differences but now she is gone and Dad is always busy so we seem to be drifting apart .

I don't try going after him.He is just going to ignore me and I hate when people ignore me, So I just decide to grab some orange juice and play Call on duty,my favorite game.

I was way to engrossed in the game and didn't hear the frequent knocks on my room door. When i finally heard, I paused the game and check the time.. Sh*t it's past 6 and Dad's not home yet...

I hear the knocks again but this time with a voice I haven't heard a 3 months

The voice of my Dad.
I

quickly unlock the door and embrace him tightly.

"Easy there,Cup cake,,he says and chuckles but I just embrace him more tightly.

"I missed you Dad,you left us" ,I say sobbing,

"You know I won't do that and I missed my Cupcake too....You don't have to worry, we are gonna be together all summer and also have a surprise"

After he says this I leave him and ask "what's the surprise Dad"

"I'll announce it at Dinner.So just go freshen up and join Daniel and I.
"We'll be waiting"

**********************************************
"

So Dad tell us,what's the surprise"?..I ask slowly,I hope it's something good.

" Off course,it's good..I know I haven't been spending time with you guys as I used to.So I decided that we are all going on a vacation to Nigeria"..

Nigeria!!!, I say almost screaming

Hey Guys..Thanks for reading this chapter and I wanna believe you liked it..

please tell me what u feel about this chapter by commenting and then voting

Thanks🙏