Chapter 10💗

FEMI'S POV

I've heard of the worshippers of the Sun Goddess..Dad told me about them a year before he died..He told me they no longer existed but why are they here now...
Stella's brother has been taken now.I can't allow her to loose him just like that,I have to do something about it.
But what can I do? I'm no match for hefty men with spears.
I look down and see Stella. She rests her head on my left shoulder.Her cries have reduced to a sob now.

"Femi" I hear her whisper.

"Yes" I answer back.

"Daniel is going to have his head chopped off right?" She asks.

How do I answer this question..I don't even have any plans to save her brother.

"No,we gonna save him" I reply quickly.

I just said that, now I definitely have to do something.
There is just two guards at the door and we are up to 200 people in the room..I should be able to take them down and a stampede should be able to handle other guards who might be outside.It's time to put my karate skills to good use..They only problem is how to convince the people to create a stampede..But I'll figure that out later.

"Cmon,let's go save Daniel" I whisper to Stella.
Her face lits up immediately and she stands .

As we approach the door I think of what language to speak..I understand English, Yoruba, Pidgin and a little bit of Hausa but I decide to use pidgin.
With my right hand holding Stella's hand I speak.
"Bros,we wan go piss" I say sternly,maybe I could intimidate them a little.
Immediately they both point their spears at me and I hear people gasp behind me..

"Boy, come back here before you get yourself and that poor girl killed earlier than normal" a man shouts from the crowd behind.

I quickly put Stella behind me and say to the guards.
"Your master won't be happy if he finds out you killed two of his sacrifices"

After some seconds of consideration they take their spears which were just few inches from my heart away and whisper something's to themselves. Now they are distracted, I quickly pull a spear from one of the guards and quickly shove it into the others right lap and use my right elbow to hit the other at his jaw...They both fell and winced in pain

"Stay down" I shout as I point the spear at both of them..
The guard I stabbed with the spear had lost alot  of blood and was definitely not going to last any longer..I couldn't care less, I had taken them down just as I desired.
With the help of some other men , they were tied down and laid in a corner.

"What do we do now?" a woman from the crowd said..

I actually do not know what do do next but a stampede was the only option so I decided to tell them that.

"Why are you silent?" another woman asks.

"Don't tell us you don't know what next" a man chirps in.

"Now,you are going to get us killed" a woman says in Yoruba.

"Why don't you guys just shut up and listen to what he has to say"

That came from beside me,I look and see Stella, she just stood up for me.

"Thanks" I whisper.

"I should be thanking you" she said
"Now tell us what you have been thinking about" she adds.

The only idea I have now is stampede and any moment from now more of those people can come in so I decide to speak up.

"Listen up" I say a bit loudly.
"What I have in mind may sound stupid but it's our only choice. More of these kind of people we just tied up are gonna come here very soon which means we have to do something quick"

I pause for a while expecting someone to say something but they all remain silent.

"We are going to create a stampede"

This time I begin to hear murmurs from the crowd..

"We are going to rush through that door at once,I mean all of us. It is going to reduce the risk of being caught" I say slowly.

"Are you crazy?" I hear a woman say from the crowd.

"Haven't you heard of stampedes in Mecca and some other places and the large amount of people that died" she added as she walked towards me.

"You are just trying to get us to our graves way more earlier" she says again.

Now I'm speechless.I heard of the stampedes in Mecca but I didn't think of it.

"The stampedes in Mecca were not caused on purpose, they were all unexpected. But the stampede we are going to cause now is going to be intentional so no one is going to die" Stella says facing the woman.

"Who knows, you might be the next person whose head is going to be chopped off,so if you all wanna stay here and die when you have a choice of escape then you can stay. Femi and I are both going to find a way out of here" she adds poking the woman.

The woman remains silent
"She has a point" a man from the crowd says.

"This is our only chance to escape" another man says.

"If you are not interested, just stay behind" another woman adds.

"Thanks,you saved me again" I whisper to Stella.

"This time,you're welcome" she says smiling.

"Now let's go save Daniel" I say.
*********************************************

I'm so sorry for the late update guys..How's the book going.