Chapter 8💗

STELLA'S POV

"OMG!!! he  wants to kiss me.What do I do? His lips are drawing in.

"Stella!!!" I hear someone call my name.

Femi and I both look back and see my Dad.
Am in soo much trouble, he just saw him hug me and we were about to kiss each other.

"Meet me inside now" he says and storms inside the house.

"He seems angry, let me follow you in.I'll help calm him down" Femi says.

"It's fine,I can handle it. We'll see tomorrow" I reply giving a slight smile.

"Okay Good night" he says and walks away.

I mutter a quick prayer as I walk inside the house. Dad sounded really mad. I definitely don't wanna get grounded on a vacation.
I'm sure he can do that.

"Where were you Stella?,do you know what time it is?" he asks loudly.

I take a glance at the wall clock.It's 9pm.I stayed out really late.

"I'm sorry Dad" I reply slowly.

"I didn't ask for an apology" he replys rudely.

"Where were you? and what's the time?" he asks.

"I went somewhere with Femi" and it's past 9" I reply slowly.

"So you are now friends with that Black boy and you even went on a date with him without even tell your family" my Dad yells.

"I'm sorry Dad, I thought you would disagree, that's why I didn't tell you" I reply.

"Just go to your room and I never want to see you with him again" he says.

I want to speak in his defense but it's not a good idea. Dad is just angry.Maybe he'll be okay by morning so I go to my room without uttering a word..Dad said I went on a date with him..I can't call that a date right?
I take a shower and put on my nightie.I try to sleep but I can't. I wish I had collected Femi's  number.I wish I could talk to him.
Today was great,I really had fun.It took a great deal to decide what to wear though. I had to call Samantha to tell me what to wear.
She really freaked out when I told her  I was going out with Nigerian boy just about 2 days after I arrived.
It sounds weird but I think I'm starting to like him.

I hadn't had any nightmare for 2 days now.Such a relief..I woke up really early this morning,it's 6am and I'm so hungry.I decide to go for a walk so I  take my bath and change to a shirt and  short.Maybe I could run into Femi.I hope I'm not getting obsessed with him.

"Where're you going this early?" my Dad asks startling me.

"I'm just going for a walk" I reply curtly.
"You can come with me if you want" I add.

"My pleasure" he replies grining.

I was expecting everywhere to be deserted.Every one ought to be in bed. But I was wrong. There was so much noise.
I guess that's how it's done in Nigeria.

"There is a show at the hotel theatre tonight" my Dad says breaking the silence.

I don't say anything.

"Will you attend it?" he asks.

I still don't say anything.

"Okay,Stella I'm sorry I yelled at you last night" he says.
"I just don't want you around these Nigerians especially the boys" he says again.

Now I'm really angry, how could he say this.

"Give me a reason why?" I ask with a wild look on my face.

"You know what they say about them so I just don't want you around them" he answers.

"Excuse me Dad,you married a Nigerian and you still have the guts to say this" I reply rudely.

He doesn't say anything.

"I can't believe that you are racist and I'm so disappointed in you" I say accusingly.

"Remember when Daniel and I were little, you always said no one has the right to criticize others and that's just what you are doing" I say again.

"Cup cake,try to understand me" he says.

"Don't call me that Dad, please don't" I say again
"And I think you should just go back home, just don't follow me" I add and walk away.

I can't believe my Dad thinks all these about Nigerians and he married a Nigerian. Would he have said all these about Nigerians if Mum was still alive. I'm so disappointed in him.
I walk around for almost an hour and decided to stop by at the pub for a drink..

"Hey" I hear a voice behind me.I look back and see Femi.

"Hey" I reply smiling.
Gosh he's so cute.

"I'm sorry for keeping you out late.If I hadn't done that,your Dad won't have been mad at you" he says slowly.

"No it's fine.I'm sure it'll be fine soon.My Dad just has this temper and he is so possessive of me" I reply.

I know I'm actually lying.Dad is the last person I want to talk to now.I probably won't talk to him till we get back home but I don't want to tell Femo about this because I'll end up telling him my Mum is a Nigerian and I just found out that my Dad is a racist..
It sounds really bad. He might just hate me if he finds out my Dad is a racist so it's better to keep it a secret for now..

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I reply.

I spend the rest of the day with Femi and his friends but I called Daniel to let him know were I was so he won't be worried.
I got to our bungalow at 6pm. The house was empty .They must have gone for the show Dad was talking about this morning.I also heard Femi's friends talk about it.I'm so tired so I will  just to bed without even taking a bath or changing my clothes pavilion. I'm way too tired.

From the time I spent with Nigerians today. I know I'm not gonna be like Dad and he won't stop me from talking to Femi..We exchanged numbers today so I can just call him of text him whenever I want.

****************************

Hey guys. I'm so sorry about the late update..
How's the book going. What do you think..
Please make sure you comment,vote and tell your friends about the book.

Thank You 🙏