Chapter 2 💚

"Yes Nigeria,is there a problem"?.. My Dad asks holding my hand.

" Maybe she is scared of leaving California ",Daniel says.

I just ignore him and say," am not scared Dad, isn't Nigeria too far.. Can't we just go to Hawaii or somewhere closer".

"Yes,I know Nigeria is far and I have thought about that and all preparations have been made. But you know your mum is a Nigerian and she made me promise her to take you guys there and I am just fulfilling my promise" , my Dad replies.

I remain silent, I have never thought of visiting mum's birth country.

I lost my mum to brain cancer 3 years ago,she never told us she was sick till she had just 2 days left,so I didn't get to spend her last days with her.

"So what do you guys have to say"? my Dad said...I have made all arrangements and am sure you're gonna love it.

"Am in..I have always wanted to visit mum's birthplace and this is my chance".. Daniel says,."it's Stella's decision to make now".

"Yeah..am also in.." Can't wait" I say slowly

"Nice.. Am glad u guys agreed,So we leave next Monday,so start packing"

I don't want to go to Nigeria, apart from it being to far from home,its my first vacation and i want to spend it in a place like Cuba or Hawaii,not all the way to some African country .But I have no choice but to agree .It's an opportunity to spend time with my family,I also don't want to disappoint my Dad.I just hope I don't regret it.

Who knows,I might enjoy it.
**********************************************
"So you reluctantly agreed to travel half way across the globe on vacation with your family"..Samantha says as we play call on duty.

"Shhhhushhh!!!",I don't want anyone to know I don't want to go so just shut up and how many times do I have to tell you. I have to go even if I don't want to .I can't let Dad break his promise to Mum and it's an opportunity to leave California and also spend time with my family.

"Geez so many reasons",Samantha says...

"I know,I say as I chuckle.

"Scott says Nigerians are ugly",Samantha says

"Fuck!!!!.Samantha why did you tell Scott", I said sounding annoyed.

"Well he is your boyfriend,he is still going to find out", she reply's,still concentrating on the game.

Scott is my boyfriend, I don't like him but Samantha hooked us up..I am actually fed up with the relationship and I didn't want to tell him of my approaching journey because i thought maybe if I return he'll end things with me..

What's the point of having a boyfriend when he just flirts with other girls in your presence.
I am not jealous but I just feel like am being used and i hate it..

"Okay am sorry",Samantha says,...I just thought you'll be okay with it.

I don't say anything

"Okay let's go get some ice cream,all on me' ,she says again

"Is that supposed to be a bribe", I reply quickly.

"Maybe,so go get some good clothes on".
She says and walks into the bathroom..

Samantha is my best friend.. We've known each other since we were babies..My mum and her's were besties even before the word " Bestie" came up,so we know everything about each other, we are different in some aspects though.

Samantha is this beauty queen and Fashion freak,so she appears to be very populated at school but am way different.

I am just Stella Harper..A normal teenage girl.