Chapter 6*

"I can't believe you're coming in at this time." Susan scolded as if she was my mother. "I told you we had a curfew."

"You never mentioned we had a curfew." I squinted at her. I looked at her outfit, and she wore a baby doll night dress that was popular in that day. It was sheer with many layers, and had boa trimming. Large curlers were in her hair to preserve her densely curled tips and large beehive bump at top.

"We have a curfew?" Nancy asked as she looked to us from the living room. Susan put her hands on her hips.

"Of course we have a curfew." She said as she stood in the foyer with me.

"We never had a curfew." Debra spoke up. "I don't know where you're coming from with that."

Susan rolled her eyes at the girls who wouldn't go along with her game.

"Well if everyone wants to pretend like we don't have rules and standards in this house, then go ahead." Susan said as she held her head up high, when her eyes beamed into me. "Listen, your shift ends at six. I want you in this house by eight on weekdays."

"You can't tell when she has to come home!" Nancy shouted and Susan snapped at her.

"Nancy, will you shut your trap!?" She raised her voice. "This applies to all of us. As respectable young ladies, there wouldn't be anything keeping us out that late anyway!"

We were all silent.

"Well then. It's settled." She nodded. Her fluffy mesh baby doll dress bounced up the steps as she went upstairs. Strands of pink feathers fell off as she walked away.

I showered once I got settled inside, but it was sad to me. I didn't want to wash off The President. I loved his scent on me, and I loved the memory of him being inside of me.

I was daydreaming thinking about the next time he'd wish to see me again. I wondered how he'd contact me, if he'd continue using the phone or send secret service or maybe skydive onto the roof of our house and drop in to save me from the bitch that lived here.

The next day at work, I wore my best outfit. It was a fitting royal blue sheath dress, that hugged my curves. It was shaped like a tank top at the torso, but had a matching cropped swing jacket.

For once, I wore my hair down.

My phone rang, and I picked it up so quickly it clanked and made noise. People looked over at me, especially Susan.

"Eager to work, aren't we?" Susan asked as she pierced her lips together. I rolled my eyes.

"Hello?" I answered.

I was disappointed when it was just my colleague.

"Hi Janis, I think I left some files on your desk. Can you send them over?" She asked. I sighed.

"Sure thing." I said in the most cheerful voice I could conjure up. I picked up the files and brought it over to her. When I turned around, Dave Powers was behind me.

I jumped from surprise.

"Hello, Ms. Decker." He nodded. "I have a special project for you that you simply can't pass up."

"A project? What project would she have that I wouldn't know about?" Susan asked anxiously as she walked over.

"It's classified." Dave answered her. You could tell he wasn't fond of Susan either. "But thanks for your concern, I guess."

Susan's face got red as she walked off to sit back down at her desk. She squeezed her pen tightly, but didn't write anything. She was too in her thoughts.