19 | NINETEEN

The door swung opened to reveal a woman in her late thirties, wearing a white coat accompanied by her stethoscope hanging around her neck. Jimin stood up from his seat to greet her with a bow and sat back down across her with the table separating both of them.

"Okay, let's get started, shall we, Doctor Park?" She began, switching on her computer and clearing off some things on her messy table. "Sorry, my table's quite messy,"

Jimin chuckled and nodded, "It's okay, Doctor Kang. I guess that you're too busy to organize your table with all your tight schedules,"

She just emitted an awkward chuckle and rubbed her nape, looking embarassed to the younger man infront of her.

"So, we both know that your surgery will be in the next two weeks, am i right?" she spoke and Jimin just nodded along with a short hum in response to her question. "For the surgery, a full resection will be performed to remove the tumor in your brain and reduce pressure in your skull," she added while pointing and circling the x-ray image of Jimin's cyst on the computer screen. Then, she showed him a short video of how the surgery is performed and explained more as the video played. Jimin bobbed his head, understanding every part of her explanation.

'No wonder she's a professional neurologist, she is really good in explaining about brain tumors and the surgeries for its removal.' Jimin thought in his head as he focuses back on Doctor Kang's explanation about the surgery.

"Following surgery, you will undergo radiation therapies for approximately six weeks. It is very important and you have to undergo it to completely remove the remaining cancer cells that may regrow again as a tumor if it is not eradicated," she paused and looked at Jimin. She was honestly a bit surprised that he didn't show any confusion in his facial expression. Most of her patients would usually frowned their brows or scrunching up their faces as they can't understand what she's explaining. Especially the scientific words the lady mentioned. Then it hit her, Jimin was a doctor too, it's just that he's not a neurologist. So, all the complicated words she used in her briefing shouldn't make him confused. "Do you understand my explanation about the surgery? Any questions before i continue?"

"No, you may continue,"

"Concurrent with the radiation therapy, we will also prescribe you an oral chemotherapeutic medicine called temozolomide or simply named as temodar. You will need to take it once daily and it is most tolerated by most of my previous patients. This medicine is quite different, because unlike other medicines, temozolomide is able to cross the body's protective blood-brain barrier, where it can further help to kill the remaining cancer cells," she resumed with her long explanation.

"So i have to take the medicine once only, but daily?" Jimin asked to confirm her statement.

"Yes, Doctor Park, it will help kill the cancer cells along with the radiation therapy," she replied to his question calmly, clearly used to this.

"Oh, noted,"

"Any other questions before i let you go? Because i believe that you might want to check on your patients; considering that you've stayed here for about an hour already," she said, and internally screamed at herself at how her words sounded rude to him. As if she was chasing him away from her office. But luckily, Jimin didn't even look disappointed- there are barely a change in his face expression after what she said.

"No," He took a glance at his silver wrist watch. "Ah, you're right Doctor Kang, i need to check on my patients now," he blurted out and stood up from his sitting position.

"Doctor Park, you sure still worry about your patients when you yourself suffered a quite fatal disease," she stated along with a short chuckle but concern is still obvious in her expression and tone.

"Of course Doctor Kang. My patients are always my first priority,"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Should i just complete this book before school starts again?