Chapter 31

Soon the craft landed and everyone made their way outside. But Ana stood at the blimp door and paused for a moment.
Everyone began walking ahead but Ana suddenly felt a chill down her spine and sharply turned to see Malik.

"You!" she gasped, and stumbled.

But he grabbed Ana by her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Unhand me!" she demanded.
"Once I defeat the Pharaoh, you'll be the first one I come after" he whispered on her lips then gently released her.

He then followed on after the others, meeting them at the tower entrance.
But for some reason, Ana didn't want to go, instead she returned to her room and sat on the edge of the bed.

-FF-

Time passed and her door suddenly slid open and standing there was Ishizu.

"Ishizu? What are you doing here?" Ana asked.
"I would as you the same thing, the pharaoh needs your support. Why are you still here?" Ishizu asked.
"Ishizu, this is madness, this is just a tournament. Once it's over I'm going home! I couldn't care less who wins!" Ana sternly explained.
"But my Princess should the Pharaoh fail you're the world's last hope!" Ishizu urged.
"I refuse, contract or not!" Ana replied.
"I know you are scared, and I understand; but they do need your support. Please I'm begging you" she urged.

Ana turn looked to Ishizu and saw her on her knees and her head bowed down.How could she be so heartless not to help someone who is begging her?Ana walked towards Ishizu and helped her to her feet.

"Don't beg like that, okay I will go; just watch over Mai" Ana replied.
"You have my word"

Ana smiled at her and grabbed her deck before running to the tower.
There she took the escalators up to an arena that stretched for what seemed to be miles up.
By the time she had arrived she were quite surprised how far the Duel had come in such a short amount of time. At this point the Duel was close to finishing; Malik had 0 Life points; Joey with 1000 Kaiba with 2000 and Yami with 3000.

"Gracious me, what progress" Ana said.
"Ana, there you are! I was wondering where you were" Mokuba said with a smile.
"I...I just needed to rest a bit" Ana lied.
"It's Anastasia, she came" Yami thought.
"Looks like it, she must be here to support us" Yugi replied.
"I knew she would" Yami smiled as he glanced at her.