The Big Day

Rare, but still, it was a stunning sunny day in England; August being summertime, this really was a picture-perfect day, especially for a wedding.
Which is what was taking place that day.
At one of the most beautiful hotels in the city, Ana found herself pacing back and forth in her room, quite nervous to say the least.

"It's fine, everything is fine, I'm not nervous- why would I be nervous- why the hell am I nervous?!" she exclaimed and plopped down onto a sofa.

Ana was not normally a nervous person by nature, but clearly, she had never been in a scenario like this before, so understandable she was a little fearful.

"This is what I want, of course it is!" she moaned.

Suddenly there was a knock at her door.

"Yeah, yeah, come in" Ana groaned.

The door slowly opened and in came a 5-year-old little girl, wearing a mid-length white dress topped with a silk blue ribbon around her waist.
She had dark skin, light brown eyes and short layered black hair.

"Ana, what's wrong?" she squeaked.

She then came in and closed the door behind her.

"What's wrong, don't look too happy for a wedding"

Ana sighed and sat up in the chair.

"Scarlett, I'm happy, just nervous- I have no idea why!" Ana tried to explain.

Scarlet then walked over and turned around so her back was facing Ana, she then rested her hands on Ana's knees and pushed on them so she was able to jump up and sit in her lap.

"Everything will be fine, don't worry so much" the little girl said, trying to be reassuring.

Ana softly laughed and wrapped her hands around Scarlett, and rested her head on Scarlett's shoulder.

"I know you're right, but still, it's so strange, why do I even feel that way?" Ana moaned and began rocking back and forward.

Scarlett then jumped down and stood with her hands on her hips.

"Well, you love him, don't you?" she asked.
"Yes, of course I do" Ana responded.
"Then what's the problem?" Scarlett additionally questioned.

She then leaned forward and rested her hands on Ana's shoulders, then lightly shook her.

"Then don't worry, you two should get married, he loves you and you love him" Scarlett summarised.

Ana smiled and stood up from her chair.

"Besides, almost all the cake will go to waste, except the parts I'll eat" Scarlett added.

Ana laughed and scooped Scarlet into her arms, hugging her tightly and throwing her in the air before setting her back down again.

"Thanks little sis, you're right" Ana responded and kissed Scarlett on the nose before pulling her into her chest for a tight hug.

Unaware that Scarlett was gasping for air, only until she started flailing her arms did Ana realise and finally let go.

"Oh gosh, sorry" Ana apologised.

Scarlett backed up, gasping for air and panting like she ran a marathon.

"Are you ok?" Ana asked.
"Woman, you need to watch where you put those things!" she gasped and coughed.

Ana laughed then hugged her again, but gently this time.

"Sorry Scarlett, but it's all out of love you know" Ana responded.
"Yeah, yeah, you and your hugs of loving death" Scarlett sarcastically remarked.

The sisters laughed and joked together for a little while, until hey were interrupted by a knock at the door.
It was too early for the ceremony to begin, so who could it be?
Scarlett went to the and her jaw dropped.

"Oh wow..." she gasped.
"Something wrong?" Ana asked, trying to peer around and see who was there.
"Nope nothing, but we have guests" Scarlett responded and stepped back holding the door open.

Instantly her eyes lit up and a smile spread on her lips.
Standing there was; Yugi, Tea, Joey and Tristan, all dressed up for the event.

"You made it!" Ana screamed and ran over to hug them all.
"Well of course" Yugi chuckled.
"Couldn't miss something like this!" Joey added.
"Oh Ana, you look gorgeous!" Tea squealed as she clasped her hands together.
"Thanks Tea" Ana smiled.

Scarlett then came over and stood next to Ana.

"Oh guys, this is Scarlett, my little sister" Ana introduced.

Yugi then stepped forward to shake her hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yugi" he politely said with a friendly smile.
"Oh I know- I'm a big fan!" Scarlett enthused.

She then turned to Joey.

"And you're Joey Wheeler, Seto calls you the world underdog" Scarlett teased.
"What- why I outta- ah well- if it wasn't his wedding day, I'd be challenging money bags to a duel!" Joey yelled in frustration.
"World renowned underdog, it works" Tristan added.
"Watch it!" I tell ya I don't get no respect!" Joey cried.

Everyone burst into a warm laughter, it was so wonderful, all of them together again.

"Please sit down" Ana offered.
"Ah, I'm gonna check some things, and if Kaiba is pacing like you were, you wreak" Scarlet teased.

Ana swiftly slapped Scarlett on her right arm.

"I'm not a wreak...anymore" Ana responded.
"Ow! Always that arm. I'll have to have it amputated one day cause of you!" Scarlett moaned and left the room.
"Your sister is cute" Tea giggled.
"She has her moments" Ana smiled and sat down.
"So, you feeling alright?" Tristan asked.
"Yeah, I am now, but I was so nervous earlier. But Scarlett reminded me how Seto and I love each other. Now I know this is exactly what I want to do" Ana responded, her cheeks now a little rosy.
"Never thought rich boy would settle down" Joey teased.
"Well Ana, we're all happy for you, congratulations, this must feel like the best day of your life" Yugi smiled as he held Ana's hands.

Ana smiled back.

"Guys, I feel...I feel-" Ana abruptly stopped mid-sentence and ran to the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Everyone was dumbfounded.

"Guess she's still nervous" Tristan observed.
"Um Tristan let's check the spread, see you guys later" Joey said, then he and Tristan left, leaving Ana with Tea and Yugi.
Concerned they stood by the bathroom door.

"Um Ana, are you alright, do you need help?" Tea asked, worried.
"No- I'm good!" Ana called out, followed by coughing.

Worries about leaving her alone, Tea and Yugi sat down and waited for Ana to come out

Luckily that didn't take long, Ana recomposed herself before coming back out.

"Ana, everything ok?" Yugi asked.

Ana nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine, guess it was nerves from earlier, but I'm fine now" Ana replied and adjusted her dress and hair.
"Ana"

Then the door opened and in came Scarlett, holding a bunch of white roses and a single blue rose in the middle.

"Scarlett, everything ok?" Ana asked.
"Well everyone is ready, come on" Scarlett informed her.

Tea and Yugi stood and hugged Ana once last time.

"We'll see you out there, don't worry, everything will be fine" Yugi reassured her.

Ana bent down and kissed her cheek.

"Thanks Yugi" she smiled.

With that Tea and Yugi left.
Scarlett held the door open and waited for Ana, she took a deep breath and picked up her flowers. Blue and white roses with baby's breath.

"Let's do this" Ana smiled.

Scarlett lead her big sister to the massive room; it was simple yet elegant.
Stands filled with flowers were around the room perimeter, ivory silk hung on the walls and draped from the ceiling, all dotted with mythical looking fairy lights.
Chairs were laid out evenly either side of the aisle, each one tied with light blue bows.
Everyone was elegantly dressed for the occasion and were sitting patiently, that was until Ana appeared.

They all then turned their heads back to look at the Bride as she followed behind Scarlett, who was scattering petals as she went.
Smiles were on everyone's faced. But no expression could top that of Seto Kaiba, stood at the head of the room with Mokuba, he stared down the aisle in complete awe.
To say the least he was speechless and somewhat shocked, a very unfamiliar expression.
That was until Ana got closer to him and with each step, his expression continued to change, his eyes softened and a gently smile appeared.

Once at the front, she handed her flowers to Scarlett and the pair turned to face each other, instantly holding hands.
While the personal began introductions, Seto was lost, he spent his time staring at Ana.
Taking in every detail on her, her hair, how every strand hung, the light in her eyes, her soft exposed neck and shoulder, how the bodice wrapped around her chest and how the gown flowed from her hips out.
Everything was perfect.

"Do you Seto Kaiba, take Anastasia Starline to be your lawful wedded wife, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"
"I do" he replied, then gently slid a ring onto Ana's finger.
"Anastasia Starline, do you take Seto Kaiba to be your lawful wedded husband, in sickness and in health for as long as you both shall live?"
"I do" she smiled and also placed a ring on Seto in return.
"I now pronounce you both man and wife"

Seto wrapped his hands around her waist and Ana wrapped her around his shoulders.
But for formality reason, Seto simply kissed her softly on the forehead.
Everyone awed and clapped with joy, Seto then leant down closer to Ana and softly smiled.

"You look beautiful"
"Not back yourself Mr Kaiba" she winked.

The pair then walked down the aisle to the reception room, hand in hand.
The evening was wonderful, people laughed, ate, drank and had fun.
However, because they weren't very social people; Seto, Ana and Mokuba returned to the cottage they had rented.
Too tired for anything else they settled into bed, ready to go home the next afternoon.

But as the newlyweds lay in bed, they were held tightly in each other's embrace, just happily enjoying their first night as husband and wife.