Chapter 62

Her night was restless to say the least, not just for the events of the finals but what had also happened with the Pharaoh last night.
It was a beautiful day for today's events, and Leon would be facing Zigfried.
If Seto's theory was correct, he was running out of time as things were coming to a close.
10am and the audience and competitors were assembled in the Kaiba Dome.
Ana and Mokuba were near the duelling platform as Roland began the introductions.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the KC Grand championship is proud to present; two duellists who have ridden the wave of victory all the way to the finals.

First, the debonair billionaire- Zigfried Lloyd! He'll face the rookie whose one tough cookie- Leon Wilson! The winner will face Yugi Mouto for the championship crown!" he loudly announced.
The roof opened up allowing for a beautiful blue sky and sunshine to beam down on everyone.

"Now, let the KC Grand Championship Finals begin!"

The audience roared with excitement as the duellists stood ready.

"Wonder where Seto is" Ana asked Mokuba.
"No idea, he wasn't anywhere I looked this morning" Mokuba responded.

Suddenly the sound of a helicopter could be heard over head.
Everyone looked up and saw it was Seto, hanging from a rope ladder with a case in hand.

"What's he doing here?" Joey asked.
"Just dropping by?" Yugi suggested.
"He shouldn't be, he's not scheduled to be here" Ana responded and scrambled to her feet with tablet in hand looking at the time table.

She ran up onto the platform to meet him as he landed.

"Stop the Duel, as president of Kaiba Corp I declare this match invalid!" he announced.

"He must have found out something!" Ana realised.

Everyone in the audience was now expressing shock and disappointment after getting so hyped about the match.

"Invalid, I don't get it" Leon expressed.
"Yeah, you should fill us in" Ana advised Seto.
"As a result of a disqualification, the winner of this Duel is Leon Wilson!" Kaiba continued.

Zigfried remained calm, questioning the reason for such a result.
Kaiba was all too happy to explain.

"You broke your tournament contract, by entering the event under a false name. Zigfried Lloyd- or should I say; Zigfried Von Schroder of the Schroder Corporation!"
"He was right then" Ana concluded.

Everyone was in shock.

"I never trusted you from the get-go Zigfried, and my instincts are never wrong. It all makes perfect sense; Kaiba Corp's biggest rival joins the tournament and suddenly everything goes haywire. Coincidence? I think not. But since I'm a nice guy; I won't have you arrested for trespassing and fraud. Under one condition; you get out of my life! And take your bad hair with you!" Seto ordered.
"That's generous" Ana sighed.
"And mark my words- if your overpriced shoes step anywhere near me again, I'll destroy what's left of your pathetic company!" Seto finalised.

Zigfried simply burst into laughter.

"It looks like you've finally been exposed to the public for what you are: a complete coward. The truth is, you're afraid of my superior skills. So you're hiding behind a technicality instead of facing me. Und now the whole world knows it!" Zigfried boasted.

Seto began to look irritated.

"I don't blame you for wanting to throw me out Heir Kaiba, you know if I won this tournament und became the world champion you would never win that title back!" Zigfried continued.
"You are aware this isn't a matter of business, I'm throwing you out because I don't like you, not because I'm scared of you" Seto smirked and smugly folded his arms.
"Thus ladies and gentlemen- we have a new agenda, Seto Kaiba will face Zigfried in place of the final match!" Ana announced.

Kaiba looked at her rather surprised and then smiled; she walked over and whispered to him.

"This would be good for your image, else the loss of a final duel would affect all your work" she advised, then stepped aside.
Seto smirked at Ana and returned his attention to Zigfried.

"You know, I promised myself I wouldn't duel in this tournament, but now those plans have clearly changed!" Seto announced.
"Fine, but if I win, I get to stay" Zigfried conditioned.
"And if you lose you disappear never to be heard from again!" Seto added.

Seto then pulled out his Duel Disk and turned to Ana.

"Thanks" he simply said.

Ana smiled and lightly blushed.

"Miss Starline, are you alright?" Roland asked.
"Yup" she responded and grabbed the mike from him.

She stepped aside as they met in the middle to shuffle decks, followed by Zigfried flipping a coin to decide who should go first, they then separated and went to their designated platforms.

"You heard right ladies and gentlemen. Our own Seto Kaiba will off against Zigfried Von Schroder!" she announced and jumped down from the platform.

There she met with Leon who came to sit in the stands with Yugi and his friends.

"So, what's next, I mean am I gonna duel against Yugi or Zigfried?" he asked.

Everyone turned to Ana for an answer.

"Don't' look at me, I'm making this up as I go along- all that planning wasted" she sighed in frustration and plopped down on a chair.

Seto and Zigfried were amazing from where Ana was sitting, but naturally Seto had won the match.

"I think I need to opt for health insurance on my next contract. All this excitement is raising my blood pressure" Ana expressed while checking her pulse.

Everyone cheered with excitement at the match which certainly helped portray Kaiba Corp in a significantly positive light.
In all honesty, this match alone provided enough to the whole world he truly was a top-class duellist- despite not having the title.
Plenty of history had been revealed throughout the duel.
In particular the rivalry that festers between both companies where Kaiba Corp were always one step ahead of the Schroder Corporation.
Zigfried blamed all his failures on Kaiba and his company having "stolen" his idea for holographic projection within duel monsters.
Of which Kaiba retaliated by explaining and insulting Zigfried, he had gotten where he was through hard work and determination- all of which was true and still inspiring.

"Take what little dignity you have left and get out of my life!" Seto screamed.
"Oh yeah, you tell him- he's history!" Mokuba cheered.
"Can you believe that guy, he weaselled his way in here just to publicly humiliate Kaiba" Rebecca expressed.
"Well he did have his reasons" Leon defended.

Instantly Ana glanced over, amused by such a statement from a 3rd party, it was suspicious that he was defending him as such.

"Do you guys think all that stuff about Kaiba stealing Zigfried's invention was true- I mean he seemed pretty bitter" Yugi asked.
"Don't be silly Yugi; I've known Seto for years. He is where he is by his own hard work. It's the main reason my company does business with him, even in spite of the corporate issues we had with Dartz; we remained a loyal vendor and supporter" Ana responded.

Mokuba shot up and ran after his big brother, complementing the Duel.
Kaiba then handed over to Roland to proceed with the last match of the tournament, additionally instructing Zigfried not to be removed from the park, but to have a good seat so as to rub it in his face what he missed out on.
If was now official Yugi and Leon would be battling it out at the Kaiba Land Blue Eyes fortress in a couple hours; allowing people time to make their way to the new location.