Chapter 51

"Seto, I'm still surprised we're here. I thought you would have been making calls about this. Why'd we come all the way to London?" Mokuba asked.

"Mokuba, this is a big project, personal touch is important" Kaiba explained.

Mokuba smirked and held his hands behind his back, he already suspected the real reason why they were there.

"Mr Kaiba, as you request 23 white roses" Roland said, then handed Kaiba a bunch of them tied with a blue silk ribbon.

"Good" he simply said.

Kaiba and Mokuba got out their Limo and were before a gated semi-detached house. They made their way to the gate and pushed the doorbell.

"Good evening" said a female voice.
"Good evening, I'm Seto Kaiba, I'm here to see Miss Starline"
"Miss Starline is not home at present Mr Kaiba, but she is due to return soon. You're welcome to come inside and wait" the young lady offered.

Kaiba glanced at Mokuba briefly.

"We'll wait" Mokuba responded.
"Of course, please come in" she replied.

A smaller gate on the left opened, Kaiba told Roland to return in an hour.
With that the brothers walked through the gate and went towards the house, once there the door was opened by a maid who was standing ready to greet them,

"Welcome Mr Kaiba"
"Thank you" he responded.

The house was actually not that big, it was a homely well-kept place.

"Miss Starline is due home soon, please follow me to the living room" the maid said and lead the way.

The brothers sat on a long L shaped leather sofa facing a 50" TV, surrounded by game consoles, games and DVD's on the shelving.

"Wow" Mokuba gasped.

He then stood up and walked over to inspect the collection.

"Can I get you anything?" the maid offered.
"No, thank you" Kaiba responded.

The maid nodded and smiled before leaving.

"I didn't expect Ana to be living in a house like this, it's so...I dunno different" Mokuba expressed.
"I suppose it is" Kaiba responded.

Curious himself, Kaiba stood up and began walking around the room.
He came to a wall filled with pictures, as he looked at them; he lightly smiled.
There were pictures of Anastasia as a baby, with her family, friends and even business related pictures.
One of which was Ana and Pegasus, even one of her and Seto at their first event, the Battle City Tournament.

"Guests- that's not normal" said a distant voice.

Still holding the pearly white roses, Kaiba turned around and his eyes widened in surprise.
In walked Anastasia, she looked stunning wearing a beautiful white lengha.
The blouse reached the top of her abdomen adorn in a floral type pattern that was also on the long skirt with a thick flower boarder.
Her hair had grown a lot and held 3 flowers, and elegant jewellery adorned her neck, ears and head.
Her bangles were silver and gently jingled as she walked into the room.

Finally, her eyes, were glowing and her skin was exposed and looked so soft.

"Seto, Mokuba; what are you going here? And how did you know where I lived?" she asked confused.

Seto chuckled and walked towards Ana.

"These are for you"
"Hmm, how charming; follow me; Kirin put this is water and bring some sweets" Ana instructed.

The maid did as she was told and Ana lead the brothers into the dining room, there they all sat in silence for a few moments.

"Well I'm really surprised to see you both here. To what do I owe this honour and pleasure?" Ana asked.
"I was hoping to extend you a contract for a project I currently have in place" Kaiba responded, then pulled out a piece of paper.

Ana stood up from her chair opposite Kaiba and Mokuba, then walked around the table towards them.
She leaned against the table and picked up the paper, she immediately started skimming the contract.
Her eyes fluttered in amusement and smiled.

"Well, well Kaiba Land; very impressive, so you need my help for security and implementation" she ready out and smiled again.
"It will be a long contract-"
"Not as long as you think, I've already drafted some things" Ana stated.

Kaiba appeared confused, how could she?
In that moment Kirin came in with a confectionary trolley, upon it was a ceramic tea set and a platter filled with Indian sweets.
Kirin set the table then handed Ana a folder.

"Thank you, Kirin," she politely said.

And then handed it to Seto, he took the folder and opened it; he was both impressed and surprised.

"Well, you were prepared, how is that possible?"
"It's just something I thought would be needed, you never know when clients would need such services" she responded.
"Seto, tell her the best part!" Mokuba exclaimed.
"We'll be living in the park while this is all going on. We want you to come with us until the project is completed"

Ana smiled and stood up straight.

"I haven't heard from you since that incident with Dartz- devastating as that was"
"I've been trying to rebuild my business after that disaster" he instantly said
"You and me both, turns out he had bought up shares of my company as well- illegally- so I've been working to get myself back on track also. Just as well my mother had stepped in. Regardless, this means that you again need my help"
"Services- yes" Kaiba concluded.
"Well Mr Kaiba, had you not come all this way I would most likely have said 'no'. But how could I refuse such an offer?" she smiled.

Kaiba smirked and Mokuba chuckled and fist pumped.

"Alright!" he exclaimed excited.
"So when do we start?" Ana asked.
"We have a flight booked tomorrow" Seto responded.
"When did you arrive?"
"This morning" Mokuba said and scoffed a laddu down with tea.

Seto then stood up before Ana

"Why are you dressed like this?" he asked, confused.
"I was at an engagement party" she responded and began taking some of her jewellery off.
"Yours...?" Mokuba asked fearfully.
"Oh god no- my cousin is getting married soon" she defended swiftly.
"Well, it looks nice on you" Kaiba complemented.
Ana's cheeks began glowing; she pushed back a strand of her hair and cleared her throat.

"Thank you. Well I suppose I'll make arrangements so I can work remotely" she responded.
"We'll pick you up tomorrow morning" Mokuba said and handed her a jet ticket.

"Thanks Mokuba"

With that, the brothers took their leave.
Ana saw them off at the door then made her way back to the dining room. She picked up the contract and made her way to her bedroom.

"I knew this was coming, ever since I saw that simulation of the park" she said to herself.

She instantly thought back to the incident with Noah in the virtual world. The simulation was fabricated from Kaiba's mind, every detail including who would be used for security and infrastructure. This included seeing her logo on several security components.

But Ana couldn't help but sigh, yes it was great business but was there even a friendship there? All the gestures could have been a form of bribery.
She had taken the job regardless they had bandwidth to support such a project as it was, and how could anyone refuse such a contract with the biggest gaming specialist company in the word?

"It's just good business" she sighed

It was getting late so she got ready for bed and informed her mother that not only would they need to free up some resources for the new project and that she would need to maintain a few things while Ana was gone.