You're safe now. - part two

It's been almost a year since you've been saved from Hydra's base and you're now part of the Avengers. You have been crushing so hard on your best friend and "savior", Bucky. You are too scared to tell him how you felt because you weren't sure if he felt the same way and you didn't want to ruin the friendship that both of you shared.  But the truth is Bucky was also madly in love with you, he was afraid that you might think he just took pity on you because of what happened a year ago, he thinks about you everyday, every hour and every second. He wished that he could be your man and you to be his one and only.

Today was movie night at the tower.

"Everybody to the theater room, bring some snacks too." Tony said through the intercom in the tower. You went to the kitchen and see that Bucky was already packing snacks for both of you. You shared the same floor with Bucky all thanks to your stupid little mouth that let the words slipped out of your mouth saying that you like Bucky to Steve. Of course Steve was trying to set you up with Bucky because he knew that Bucky liked you too.

"Hey Bucky." you said looking down at your feet because you didn't wanna let Bucky see that you're blushing. 

"Hey doll." he replied and quickly turned around to pack because he was nervous every time he was around you. "Do you want anything else?" he showed you the bag of snacks that he packed. There was enough snacks to feed the whole team, you looked at him laughing.

"Bear, that's way too much!" you were still laughing. You picked out a bag of chips and gesture him to put the rest back. "This is enough for the both of us, let's go, we're gonna be late." You held his metal arm and walked to the elevator.

You both enter the room to see everybody was already there and waiting for you and Bucky. 

"About time--" Tony lightly tap his watch, telling you that you were late.

"Sorry--" you said as you and Bucky walked to the couch that was empty. He sat down next to you and opened the bag of chips. 

Nat was sitting on a bean bag next to your couch, she looked at you with a smirk spread across her face. "How cute--" you heard Nat whisper next to you causing you to almost choke on your drink.

"You okay doll?" Bucky looked over to make sure you were okay.

"I'm fine." you said while glaring at Nat but all she did was laugh, so did the others.

All of you watched the movie in silence, it was too boring for you and you fell asleep. You rested your head on Bucky's shoulder before you were out, he looked over and couldn't help but admire how beautiful you looked in the low light. He wrapped his arms around you so that you could sleep on his chest. He planted a soft kiss on your forehead and rested his head on yours.

--time skip--

The movie was over. You were still sound asleep.

"That was boring!" Clint said out loud while standing up to stretch his body. It was loud enough to wake you up from your sleep. You rubbed your eyes because everything was blurry. Bucky glared at Clint while helping you up from his chest.

"Sorry--" Clint whispered to Bucky.

"Had a good nap doll?" Bucky said to you. When you realized you were sleeping in Bucky's arm, your face suddenly becomes warm. "Sorry bear, I fell asleep on you--" you tried to laugh it off.

The team didn't wanna bother the both of you and left you and Bucky alone in the room.

"Well I guess that's what bears are for, to be there as your pillow." he shrugged.

You looked at the clock, it was already 2 a.m. "We should get going." you tried to laugh it off, you your mind was all over the place, heart beating like crazy.

The trip back to your floor was quiet. You couldn't handle the awkwardness and tried to walk to your room as fast as you can. Before you entered your room, you felt a strong grip pulling you back.

"y/n--" there it is again, those icy blue eyes that made you have faith and trust in other people, the eyes that always make you swoon, the eyes that made you who you are today, staring deep into yours. "I have something that I have to tell you, right here, right now. I can't hold it in anymore doll." he continued.

"what is it?"

"I love you y/n, I'm falling in love with you. I feel in love with you the day I saved you from Hydra, I swore that no one is going to hurt you as long as I'm alive and I mean it. I want to protect you with my life and make sure you're safe, I--I love you." he looked down at you, hoping to get a reply from you.

"Bucky, I love you too. I know I'm safe as long as I'm with you--" before you could finish your sentence, Bucky connected his lips with yours. The moment you've waited for so long is finally here, to be in Bucky's arms as his gal. You both pull away to come up for air, he placed his forehead on yours.

"I love you doll."

"I love you too my Buckybear."