It's me.

Warning: some feelings but I promised it gets better in part two!

You were taken away by HYDRA from the S.H.I.E.L.D compound almost a year ago. They treated you like how they did to Bucky. Memories wiped clean, injected with serums that enhanced your powers, they also brainwashed you into thinking Bucky was your mission. He was your best friend because you were Steve's sister (not by blood), he did everything he could to protect you from Hydra. He loved you so much, not just as a friend but something more. He never gave up looking for you, he never will, until today.

"Kill him and you will be freed." a voice came from the intercom while The Winter Soldier was standing in front of you on the freeway. His eyes glistening with tears, blue icy orbs staring straight into your e/c ones.

"y/n--" he mumbled under his breath loud enough for you to hear.

"Who's y/n?" you said as you pulled out a knife from the side of your right thigh and ran towards him. You fell to the ground as he dodged your knife, he looked helpless as tears run down from the corner of his eyes.

"y/n, stop--" he paused. "please--" he didn't want to hurt you in order to stop you, one of his excuse to not hurt you is because he loves you and always will, hurting you was the last thing he would do. Sudden shadows of a man appeared in your head, he made you feel at home, he made you feel safe, lights glistening off his left arm, but you quickly shake it off to finish your mission and kill this man in front of you.

"I'm not y/n!" you drive the knife in your hand right into his right shoulder. You both fell to the ground with you on top of him still holding on to your knife. He gently place his hand on yours and the other on your cheek.

"why--" he said with a broken smile on his face, warm blood gushing out of his wound. You felt speechless, tears brimming your eyes.

"Because you're my mission--" you're confused of the mixed emotions you're feeling.

"What have they done to you, my doll?" His hands fell as he finished his sentence, eyes shut. The shadows came back, it was him, the man laying lifeless in front of you, your memories start to flood your mind.

"Bucky?" you gently shake his lifeless body. "Bucky, please wake up it's not funny--" you sit next to him feeling dead inside. You recollect yourself and tear off part of your leggings to stop the bleeding on his shoulder. You could see a figure running towards you from the corner of your eye, you look up, it was Natasha.

"Help him, please--" stream of tears run down your flushing red cheeks.

"y/n--" she looks shocked to see you. "I'm so glad we found you--"

"not now Nat!" you look down to Bucky and Nat follows.

"Oh shi--" she took over to put pressure on Bucky's wound as you fell back. "What happened?"

"I-I was--Hy--" you shudder, looking down at your hands covered in blood. "I killed him--I-I'm a monster--"

"I have a pulse but it's weak--" Nat reassured you while trying to stop his bleed. "I need evac now, Bucky's down and we've found y/n--" she said to her intercom.

You told yourself you're not going back, you couldn't, knowing the fact that you almost killed Bucky, the one who loves you so much, you thought that even if he survives he would never forgive you, so you decide to run away.

"I can't go back--no--I'm a monster--" you turn and run down the freeway as fast as you could hoping no one could ever find you.

"y/n no!" Nat voice came from the back but you didn't stop, you can't.

Running down the streets was like a run down memory lane, the street that you and Bucky would always take after a dinner, talking about the little things in life, how you two had so much in common, more tears escapes from your eyes and down your face as the sweet memory came back into your head. How can I forget about all of this. You thought to yourself.

"y/n!" Steve's voice coming from your back, you turned around facing him. You didn't have the courage to look at him in the eyes. He steps forward as you take a step back simultaneously. "y/n, I know you're scared, it's okay--"

"No it's not okay!" you cut him off. "I killed Bucky--" looking down at your hands with Bucky's blood which had dried up.

"No you didn't, he's still alive--" he tried to calm you down.

"It's not gonna change the fact that I drove that knife into him, is it!" you hold your head in both your palm as a sharp pain filling up your brain. You look up, you were surrounded by Wanda, Vision and Clint. "Please just let me go, I'm begging you." you furrow your eyebrows.

"y/n, it's not your fault--" Wanda said from your left.

"Nobody wants this to happen, not even yourself--" Clint from the right. You stepped back quicker after every step, ready to run again. A strong arm wrap around your shoulder along with a sting on your neck, your vision starting to fade into black.