sleepless nights.

You and your boyfriend Bucky walked back to the Avengers Tower after grabbing dinner at a restaurant down the street. Your hand intertwined with his and rested your head on his shoulder looking up at the night sky.

"There's no stars tonight." you frowned. Bucky looked up for a glance and looked back down at you. 

"What do you mean there's no star?" raising his eyebrow. "There's one just right here." he softly poked your nose and a smile plastered on his face. You feel your cheeks flushing red, you tried to laugh it off. 

Both of you slowly walked back to the Tower while talking about the small things in life. In the tower, you and Bucky shared a floor together. The elevator door opened, you stepped out of it with Bucky behind you. You were very tired and wanted to head to bed but you still have mission files to go through.

"Bear, why don't you head to bed first? I still have some work to do--" you lifted up the files from the kitchen table and showed him.

"Alright then but don't stay up too late--"he sighed and placed a kiss on your forehead before heading to your bedroom.

After almost an hour of going through the files, you heard Bucky opening the bedroom door. His insomnia always get the best of him when you're not around, so you decided to make him some hot chocolate before he came in the kitchen looking for you.

" doll--" he wrapped his arms around your shoulder from the back and shoved his face into you neck. His face felt very warm as if he was crying, you turned around to face him but he kept his head hanging low and his hair covering his face. You tried to pull back the strands of hair behind his ear, he pulled you in and resting his head on the crook of your neck again, wrapping his arms around your waist. He didn't want you to see his face.

"What's wrong Buckybear?" you stroked the back of his neck.

"I saw them in my head." his voice trembled.

"Who?"

"The people I've killed--"

"Bucky, that wasn't you, it was the Winter Soldier, it was Hydra. Don't blame yourself for that--" you paused. "Come on, let's go to bed now--" he pulled away, his bright blue orbs surrounded by redness. He's tired, tired of all this memories suddenly evoked in his mind. You took his hand and walked back to your room. You laid him down on the bed and went to the toilet to brush your teeth.

You came out to find Bucky sitting on bed with his knees pulled up to his chest. "Come here you--" you laid down next to him, pulling him close to you. His head in your neck, your arm stretched out beneath his his neck, his arm around your waist. "Close your eyes and try to get some sleep--" your hand drawing circles on his back.

"What did I do to deserve you?" he whispered.

"You just being you." you placed a kiss on his forehead. "Just being yourself."

"I love you y/n."

"I love you too Bucky."

This is quite short and quite bad but I promise I'll do better in the next one SO STAY TUNED! Requests are always open so just drop a message and I'll get writing! Do comment and vote! :)