[S1] Why are we here?

Another day on a boxed canyon in the middle of nowhere of an alien planet controlled by UNSC called Blood Gulch Outpost Number One. In the boxed canyon, there are two bases occupied by two different armies, the Red Army and The Blue army.

RED BASE

There are six soldiers in Red Base, Four of them are on top of the base and the other two are outside of the base. At the top of Red Base Private Dexter Grif who had an orange Mark V armor had a conversation with Private Richard Simmons who also had a Mark V armor but colored maroon while a female rudy wine-colored Mark V soldier sat at top of the post above Red Base and listening Grif and Simmons' conversation while thinking about her sister. Her name is Private Ayumi Okuto. Her age is 17 years old, considered the youngest member of the Red team. Another soldier was leaning against another post while listening to Grif's and Simmons' conversation. This said soldier is Corporal Myron Seville. His armor is different from his teammates, He wears a red-colored ODST(Orbital Shock Drop Trooper) helmet with steel trim and a red-colored CQB armor.  

Simmons: Hey,

 Grif: Yeah

Simmons: You ever wonder why we're here?

Grif: It's one of the great mysteries, isn't it? why are we here? I mean, are we the product of some cosmic existence, or is there a God watching everything? you know with a plan for us and stuff. I dunno, man, it keeps me up at night.

Everyone stared at him weirdly.

Seville: Grif, what the f*** are you talking about?

Grif: Uuuuuuh?

Ayumi: Well, Simmons meant that why are we here in this canyon.

Grif: Oh. Uh... yeah.

Simmons: What was all that stuff about god?

Grif: Uh...hmm? Nothing.

Simmons: You wanna talk about it?

Grif: No. 

Simmons: You sure?

Grif: Yeah.

Simmons: Seriously though, why we out here? As far as I can tell, it's just a boxed canyon in the middle of nowhere, with no way in or out.

Ayumi: Well, possibly,

Grif: Uh... how?" 

Ayumi: Uuuumm....... climb?

Grif: Are you f**king serious?

Simmons: How are we gonna climb this very steep cliff?

Ayumi simply shrugged.

Simmons:  Look. The only reason that we set up a Red base here, is because they have a Blue base over there. And the only reason they had a Blue base over there, is because we have a Red base here.

Grif: Yeah, that's because we're fighting each other.

Seville: Obviously.

Simmons: No, no, but I mean, even if we were to pull out today, and they were come to take our base, they would have TWO bases in the middle of a boxed canyon. Whoop-dee-f**king-doo.

Grif: What up with that anyway? I mean I signed on to fight some aliens. Next thing I know, Master Chief blows up the whole covenant armada, and I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere, fighting a bunch of blue guys.

Seville: Grif, do you want to fight against an endless horde of covenant aliens?

Grif: Never mind.

CLIFF NEAR RED BASE

Nearby three blue soldiers are currently watching the Reds form atop of a cliff. One wearing cobalt armor and wielding a sniper rifle named Leonard Church, the other standing beside Church in aqua armor named Lavernius Tucker and, another leaning on the rock face in sapphire armor named Azumi Okuto who thinks about her sister at the red base.

Tucker: What are they doing?

Church slowly turns his face at Tucker.

Church: (annoyed) What?

Tucker: I said What are they doing?

Church: (Frustrated) Gosh damn, I'm getting so sick of answering that question!

Tucker: (Defensively) You have the Freaking rifle, I can't see crap! Don't b**** at me because I'm not just sit up here and play with my-

Church's tone slowly getting angrier 

Church: Okay, okay, look, They're just standing there and talking, okay? that's all they're doing. That's all they EVER do, is just stand there and talk. That's what they were doing last week. That's what they were doing when you ask me five minutes ago. So five minutes from now, when you ask me "what are they doing?", my answer's gonna be, "They're still just talking, and they're still just standing here."

They both felt silent until Tucker interrupts while Church glare at him

Tucker: ...What are they talking about?

Church: ...You know what? I freaking hate you.

Azumi rolled her eyes at her teammates' stupidity.

Azumi: (mutters)Idiots.

BACK AT THE REDS

 Grif: Talk about a waste of resources. I mean, we should be out there finding new and intelligent forms of life. Y'know, fight them.

Simmons: Yeah, no crap. That's why they should put us in charge.

A soldier in plain red armor named Sarge standing at the front of the base just below the two. 

Sarge: Ladies! Front and center on the double!"

Simmons: Crap.

Grif: Yes sir!

Simmons: Hey Sev-

Simmon notices that Both Seville and Ayumi were gone. Probably went to Sarge before them.

Simmons: Wow... that was fast.

==The End==

A/N: hey guys thank you for reading this chapter. This is my 1st story that i have ever created and I hope I wrote correctly. I hope you guys enjoy!