(6) Rose

We climb down a short ladder into a brick-built area with lots of chains. From there we go through a door and down a flight of steps into a multi-level chamber.

"The Nestene Consciousness. That's it, inside the vat. A living plastic creature." I Say

"Well, then. Tip in your anti-plastic and let's go." Rose says and I stare at her slightly.

"We are not here to kill it. I've got to give it a chance." I say , the Doctor nods and hands me the anti plastic and I go down to a catwalk overlooking the seething vat.

"I seek audience with the Nestene Consciousness under peaceful contract according to convention 15 of the Shadow Proclamation." I say.

The stuff in the vat flexes.

"Thank you. If I might have permission to approach?" I say calmly but then I see rose run to a lower level.

"Oh, God! Mickey, it's me! It's okay. It's all right." She says.

"That thing down there, the liquid. Rose, it can talk!" Mickey replied.

"You're stinking. Doctor, Y/n, they kept him alive." She says.

"Yeah, that was always a possibility." I Say "Keep him alive to maintain the copy." He says to her.

"You both knew that and you never said?" She spat.

"Can we keep the domestics outside, thank you?" I Say and continue downwards.

"Am I addressing the Consciousness? Thank you. If I might observe, you infiltrated this civilisation by means of warp shunt technology. So, may I suggest, with the greatest respect, that you shunt off?" A sort of face forms in the vat of plastic.

"Oh, don't give me that. It's an invasion, plain and simple. Don't talk about constitutional rights. I am talking! This planet is just starting. These stupid little people have only just learnt how to walk, but they're capable of so much more. I'm asking you on their behalf. Please, just go."

"Y/N!" The Doctor yells. A pair of shop dummies grab me. One takes the vial of anti-plastic from my pocket.

"That was just insurance. I wasn't going to use it. I was not attacking you. I'm here to help. I'm not your enemy. I swear, I'm not. What do you mean?" A door slides back to reveal the Tardis.

"No. Oh, no. Honestly, no. Yes, that's our ship. That's not true. I should know, The Doctor and I was there. I fought in the war. It wasn't my fault. I couldn't save your world! I couldn't save any of them!" I Say.

"What's it doing?!" Rose yells to us.

"It's the Tardis! The Nestene's identified its superior technology. It's terrified. It's going to the final phase. It's starting the invasion! Get out, Rose! Doctor! Just leg it now!" As the plastic in the vat keeps roaring, Rose phones someone.

"It's the activation signal. It's transmitting!" I Say looking at the Doctor with showing true terror in my eyes.

"It's the end of the world." Rose says.

The plastic in the vat is getting extremely agitated.

"Get out, Rose! Doctor! Just get out! Run!" I Say.

"The stairs have gone."rose says and I look at the Doctor.

The Autons try to push me into the vat. Rose and Mickey run to the Tardis.

"No!" The Doctor screams.

"Time Lords" i gulp.

As I thought I was reaching my end I heard the doctor and rose talking and then she comes swinging down,

"Y/n!" She says and I grab hold and we get back on steady land and The Doctor hugs me.

"You're alive" rose says and I chuckle.

"Now we're in trouble." The Doctor says.

The walls began to shake and we ran towards the tardis were Mickey was holding on for dear life and I sigh and run into it.

Me and the Doctor push at leavers and push multiple buttons.

And we land, "we've landed" I say smiling and Mickey runs out terrified, a smiling Rose behind him.

The Doctor then walks over to me offering his hand which I take and we go stand in the doorway leading into the Tardis.

"A fat lot of good you two were." She smiles.

"Nestene Consciousness? Easy." I Say smiling.

"You were both useless in there. Y/n You'd be dead if it wasn't for me-"

"Yes, I would. Thank you." I Say quickly.

"Right then, we'll be off, unless, er, I don't know, you could come with us. This box isn't just a London hopper, you know. It goes anywhere in the universe free of charge." The Doctor offers and I smile, maybe someone with us would be nice.

"Don't. They're aliens. They're a thing." Mickey says terrier clinging to Rose.

"He's not invited." I laugh. "What do you think? You could stay here, fill your life with work and food and sleep, or you could go anywhere. " The Doctor says.

"Is it always this dangerous?"She asks.

"Yeah. " me and the Doctor reply in unison.

"Yeah, I can't. I've er, I've got to go and find my mum and someone's got to look after this stupid lump, so." She said not quiet sure in my opinion.

"Okay. See you around." The Doctor says letting go of my hand and walking back into the Tardis, I sigh and give one last smile to rose and walk into the the Tardis myself. The Tardis then dematerialises.

"WAIT!" I Say surprising the Doctor, I saw the hurt in his eyes, this girl, she is something special. We are not losing her now!

"Take her back" I demand and the doctor looks at me confused for a moment before drifting her back.

I run to the door to see rose walking away with Mickey.

"By the way, did I mention it also travels in time?" I Say smirking and Rose looked at me and then Mickey.

"Thanks." She says.

"Thanks for what?" Mickey responded.

"Exactly." Rose kisses His on the cheek and runs into the Tardis, by my side making the doctors face light up with joy.