Chapter 2

Song: Let You Down - NF

*****

I woke up with pain piercing my insides, which makes sense considering I almost died last night. Rogue life is awful, even people who claim to be your family will turn on you. But after a while, bad just becomes normal. I suppose I can't remember living any other way.

I examined my wound and realized it would take a while to heal the deep gash in my side. 

After a while of just laying there on the ground, I started to get up but winced again at the pain, in the end deciding to ignore it because I knew that once I ate, I would heal quicker.

I shifted and started to search for some deer or other animals. 

I take a step forward and feel a shock go up through my spine. I was frozen for a minute or so, unsure of what I was feeling. It wasn't painful, but it blocked my senses temporarily. My wolf starts singing and prancing around in my head, I try to come up with a reason why she would be like this, momentarily distracting me from my predicament.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by a howl, and something inside me screaming at me to run towards the sound. 

Shit, I'm on pack lands, I suddenly notice.

I know that the pack's warriors would be there soon to capture me, torture me for information, or kill me.

I start to run even though I know I don't have enough time to get away. 

As the wolves appear from behind the trees, I lunged at one and bit into its throat. I snarled at the others, feeling the wound in my side more than ever. Blood dripped down my face, drying in my fur, making me realize that the wolf I killed had in fact got a hit in.

I attempted to back away from the approaching wolves, but end up running into a tree. 

I notice suddenly, that I had stepped off their lands, which means the only reason they want me is because I killed one of their own. Shit. Why don't I ever think before I act?

I get corralled in by wolves and they just stand there, waiting for me to submit. After ten minutes of useless growling, I shifted back. 

In my human form, my pain tolerance was not as good, and my wound throbbed. I put an excruciating amount of effort into making my pain unnoticeable by others. 

One by one, the wolves shifted and put on shorts, while I didn't care whether or not they saw me, and made no effort to cover myself. 

The one reeking of the most power looked at me and I met his gaze, showing that I wouldn't submit. But then my wolf took control and the next thing I know I hear, "Mate." 

Well, shit. The shock and pain hit me at the same time will full force and I and passed out. 

****

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, normally I would've been trying to run, but instead, I felt at ease, because my mate's scent covered everything. 

Wait, MATE! I suddenly felt the need to run, get out of here, away from him. I opened the door and was met by a very happy girl who introduced herself as Jasmine. She seemed nice enough. 

On instinct, I was checking all entrances and exits in the room. Surprise! There were no windows and only one door. I don't think it was guarded though. I was lost in my thoughts when I hear Jasmine say, "Luna, are you okay?"

I cringed at what she called me and replied, "I'm fine, and my name is Emma, not Luna, so please don't call me that. I'm not your Luna."

She stared at me pity lining her features.

"But Lu--I mean Emma," she started, " Alpha needs you."

"She's right you know, we can't leave him, he's our mate," my wolf stated, not caring whether or not I got angry.

"Bullshit," I snapped mentally, "He's your mate, not mine, and if he tries to stand in my way, I'll kill him too."

Olivia whimpered, knowing I wasn't lying and blocked my link to her. I decided to play along and try to get info, so I replied to Jasmine with a swift, "I guess you're right. So what's he like?" 

We had been talking for a while now and she has yet to tell me anything about my "mate". I'm bored, and it's not like I can try to leave now. No doubt the dumbass Alpha has increased the security.

And anyway, I'm curious. 

"Well..." She began, "He's impulsive, but he cares about the pack."

Her brief explanation had me even more curious.

"So what's his dating life like?" I asked, just trying to make her squirm. She paled as if she had seen a ghost, and I only got more interested. "You can tell me, it's okay", I told her in a nice voice, but the look on my face and the underlying tone was anything but.

She quickly shook her head. 

My patience had run out, "TELL ME," I said in a dangerously low voice. She started talking, and I listened intently.

I've learned that intimidation never fails to help speed up interrogations. 

"He doesn't have a dating life... He says he doesn't like commitment, so he just sleeps around instead," she flinched before continuing, "If it makes you feel any better he hasn't slept with anybody since he met you."

"He just met us like a few hours ago," my wolf deadpanned. I wasn't surprised that she had been listening. 

I smiled at her, praying to the Moon Goddess it didn't look as fake as it was. "Thanks for telling me."

I ran back to my room and I felt a twinge of sadness. I couldn't help it. 

After what I felt began to turn into anger, my mate barges in the room with a worried look on his face, "Are you okay?" He asks, "Did someone hurt you?"

"Yes."

I quietly replied.  He growled, and visibly shook with anger.

"Who?" He asked, trying to control himself. 

"You."

*****

Vote 

Comment

Thank you all for reading it means a lot.

-Chloe