Chapter 23

When The Day Met The Night - Panic! At The Disco

******

Raiden laughed as I bled out. He was enjoying my pain. What I knew is that I would rather die than have to look at his face for another second.

Then Aaron showed up out of nowhere. He bit into Raiden with no remorse. He continued to even after he was dead. 

It was gory, but I'm not going to defend him. He deserved everything Aaron did to him.

Aaron's wolf sees me and whimpers. He shifted back immediately.

"I NEED A DOCTOR NOW!" He brushed the blood-crusted hair out of my face. He cringed a little when he examined my face.  

"I look that bad, eh?" I forced a laugh, as painful as it was. 

"No, Alpha, you are beautiful as ever."

He pulled the knife out of my father's throat and threw it at a rogue that was coming near us. 

I see a tear fall down his face as he watches me.

Jack runs over and shifts back. "Shit, what happened?"

"I'm dying that's what happened."

"No, Em, you can't die. You have to be the strongest remember?"

"No, love, I beat him. I already am the strongest." He laughed a little.

"Then live and tell everyone."

I coughed and blood came out of my mouth. "There is never a happy ending, darling. Don't pretend that we of all people would get one. At least you all are safe."

Aiden joined them at my side with a doctor. "The rogues are few. Most ran after your father died. You won, Emma."

The doctor's face darkened as he assessed my wounds. "It went completely through puncturing a lot of organs. She has lost so much blood if she wasn't an Alpha she wouldn't be alive." I could see another tear escape Aaron's eyes. 

"I would need to bandage the wound and she would need a blood transfusion now. What is your blood type, Alpha?"

"B negative."

The doctor looked at Aaron sadly, "I'm so sorry, but that blood type is very rare. I'm not even sure if any of our pack members have it. Actually, I know none of them have it."

Jack stood up abruptly, "I'll ask mine then." He ran faster than I had ever seen him move before.

"Guys, I'm touched, but you need to let me go, okay?" I winced at the pain talking gave me. 

The doctor interrupted me as I was going to speak again, "You also have a collapsed lung, maybe two. Not speaking would be better for you."

"Why? We both know that I'm going to die no matter what. Don't sugar coat it. That pisses me off."

 Aaron laughed. "Even when you're dying you don't change."

"Why should I? My last moments should be spent by me being my awesome, badass self."

Aiden lifted my body so the doctor could bandage me up. I tried to hide how bad it hurt from them, "You will make it, Emma. Your pack needs you."

"No one needs me, love." I looked away from Aiden and into Aaron's eyes, "I need you to do me a favor."

"Anything."

"There are two wolves that were being held captive by my father. His name is Nate. His sister is there too. I need you to get them out, no matter what you have to do. Promise me."

"I swear on my mate's life."

"He's a rogue. I want you to bring him in the pack okay? He deserves better than he's had before."

"Stop talking like you won't be there. You are going to do it yourself." He was full-on sobbing now.

"No, I won't, you know that."

"Aiden, I know you will take my death very hard, but we were not meant to be. Not really. You knew that. You wouldn't have let yourself screw it up if you didn't." He nodded. I was right. We weren't a real match. 

"Promise you won't kill Nate. He was the other guy. Let him know that I want him and his sister in my pack. Protect him. He may not agree unless he knows that I wanted it for him."

He nodded. Aiden had changed. If I had known how much good my death would do him, I would've died way sooner. 

Bad joke? Sorry.

I closed my eyes. I wanted a moment's peace from the gore and death that surrounded me. Aaron panicked thinking I was dead. 

"It's okay. I just want quiet." I didn't open my eye this whole time. The darkness was weirdly beautiful when you gave in to it. 

I started coughing and my eyes snapped open. Blood splattered onto the bandages that covered my naked torso. I was thankful that the doctor put some extra bandages over my chest so I wasn't completely open to the world.

The boys were hovering over my face as my breathing slowed. I didn't fight the darkness. I didn't fight for that extra breath. I wouldn't steal something that didn't belong to me. Not anymore.

My chest stopped moving. 

I saw my body below me. I was dead now. 

I watched from the sidelines as Jack ran back to Aaron and Aiden. "I found someone! She has AB+!" He pointed at the woman behind him who could hardly keep up with the running Alpha.

He was so excited, I couldn't help but smile. I felt sad about the situation moments after. 

He was only moments too late, not that it would've helped.

Aaron and Aiden looked up at him with tears running down their faces. "She's gone, Jack." Aaron's voice cracked.

"What? No. She can't be gone. I wasn't here. I didn't say goodbye! NO!"

He fell to his knees and shook me lightly. "Emma, please!" He pleaded with my limp corpse. He cried and hugged my bloody body to his.

I felt bad for leaving them, but there was nothing else I could do. I would miss my boys, but my family had done so much harm to them over the years, they deserved a break. 

I honestly don't know why they allowed themselves to care about me in the first place. 

But there was no going back now. I had broken their hearts with my death.

"Rest in Peace, Alpha." I heard Aaron's voice as I walked away from the boys. 

I felt a tear fall down my face.

Goodbye, boys.

******

Sorry, guys. I wanted to make it a lot sadder, but I decided to be nice.

Vote

Comment

Follow

~Chloe