Chapter 7

Be Alright - Dean Lewis

This is the Dean Lewis song mentioned later in the chapter. 

**** 

So the truth had finally been revealed. Rejection isn't being set free, it's the opposite actually. It gives you more room, more space, just enough to trick your mind into the happiness that is hope. That you will get over it. That you will be alright. But you won't. 

That is unless your definition of alright is "going out of your fucking mind." It fucks with your head. My life is literally that Dean Lewis's song. Something you honestly think you understand, that you would be strong enough to tolerate. That was me. I was wrong. Instead, you would rather die than live another moment. It's the worst fucking feeling ever.  Or at least that's how it is for me. It might be better for Aiden, or even worse. 

I can't which one I want more. Half of me wouldn't want anyone else to feel like this, I get that from my mother. And half of me hopes his cheating, lying ass is in so much more pain. I get that from my father. He was the best alpha. She was the perfect Luna. They were completely different, but so perfect together. Perfect for the pack. The perfect parents. And that's why I needed to avenge them. Because I was the only one left. Because they died for me.

Aiden was just a hiccup in my plan. A costly hiccup. And it's fucking stupid. But he will get what is coming to him. Because I have come up with the perfect solution to my problem. An alpha without his mate is like a pack without an alpha: crazy, impulsive, and stupid. That is why my plan is perfect. 

The answer to my problem is simple. There's no chance in hell I would go back to Aiden, so I just have to speed up my revenge plan. Once everyone responsible for my parents and pack's demise is dead, I will indulge in the sweet relief that is death, knowing I got justice for my family, and Aiden and his pack were suffering, unable to have the peace I will find knowing this.

I had discovered that I hadn't been followed as I left Aiden's pack. I hadn't even run into any other rogues, which was highly unusual. 

It was so quiet that I stayed on my guard more than usual, I was always expecting something to jump out from every shadow I saw. 

I made sure not to trespass in any other territories, not wanting to waste my energy anymore. It was already depleted from what had happened. 

The only good event that had happened is the gash in my side had healed completely so I didn't have to worry about that again. Thank goddess. It was a bitch to get all the sand out though. 

Thinking back on everything that had taken place, I couldn't help but laugh. I mean, I was a sexy Alpha-born, and I managed to get cheated on. Heh, some people have no taste. 

I might just quit men altogether and become a lesbian, a lot less work would go into inflating my significant other's ego.  I used to have a crush on the Gamma's daughter back in my old pack, so it's not too much of a stretch. 

It doesn't really matter now since she's dead. It was almost nostalgic to think of the times I had with her. I mean, we never did anything considering we were still a couple of innocent kids back then, but it's nice to think about. 

I remembered how I felt when I saw her blood-drenched corpse lying on her front lawn. I took off my shirt and used it to wipe the blood from her face. Because of the weakness, my childhood crush gave me, I almost didn't make it out of there that day. 

Just another person I have to avenge. Every person I kill to achieve my goal is also on there. I may not care about killing them, but one of the reasons I find it to be so easy is I know that their deaths will not be in vain. 

All the memories were almost making me sad so I decided to stop wallowing and actually accomplish something. Or you know, have someone else accomplish something. As a rogue, I didn't have a very vast reach. But it's whatever. 

I pulled out one of my burner phones and dialed one of my trusted alpha contacts. Although, I think "friend" is a better way to describe him if you know what I mean.

"Who is this?" His deep voice echoed through the phone. I noticed that it didn't give me chills anymore. Eh, guess the charm finally wore off. 

"Hello, darling. It's Emma. I need a favor. It's far too important to speak about over the phone. I will be at your border in an hour. Please alert your wolves of my arrival." 

"Of course. Anything for you." I guess I still had that effect on him. 

"Kisses, love." I hung up and smiled. He was loyal to a fault. Even if I didn't really care about him, he was all I had left, and to someone like me, that meant something. 

I was absolutely exhausted from the week I had, and my wolf only had strength left because of our alpha blood. Because of that, I was lucky. I couldn't afford to rest, to give Aiden time to catch me. If he was even looking, which I doubt. Even an idiot knows when to give up. 

Sleep wasn't important now anyway. Because I can sleep when I'm dead.

*******

Hey peeps,

I'm sorry it's been so long since I updated. I had no computer for like two weeks, and by the time I got it back, I had no idea what to write.

Do you think Aiden is a good guy?

Or do you think she made the right choice?

I have been changing up the chapters and Emma is LGBT. I had originally planned for her to be straight, but she going to be fluid now. I don't think that she's going to have a female or nonbinary partner in this book though. 

Vote

Comment

Follow

~Chloe❤️