Chapter 17

Song: The Gospel Is Dying In LA (Mashup) - Panic! At The Disco

*******

The detachment from Aiden was a lot more painless than expected.  

I mean, I don't understand why I was supposed to honor some bond that was forced by a god. What's the point of caring for someone if the feelings aren't even real? 

The only reason I even cared about his betrayal is because a stupid goddess decided that we would be good together. Just my luck. 

Not that it would matter. I have my own pack to rule now. I don't have the time to worry about friendships. Or mates. 

All I had to worry about was Aiden going off the rails and screwing our alliance. It wouldn't surprise me if he told everyone it was my fault our mateship didn't work out. 

Either way, as the days passed I grew anxious awaiting my father's attack. We didn't have the forces to attack them at their base, so we had to wait for them to make the first move. 

I hated waiting. 

 I don't think my father is going to expect resistance. And with multiple packs working together, we can stop him, at least I hope so.

I'm mainly counting on the fact that he doesn't know I'm still alive. If he's distracted fighting me, then he can't lead. Let's just hope all of his troops are as stupid as the ones I've encountered so far. 

A few of the other wolves from Aiden's pack have joined mine, but most of his pack loathe me. They never forgot that I killed one of their own the first night and harmed another. Plus what happened with the Gamma and Warrior. Plus I rejected their Alpha. So, yeah, they don't like me. 

I mean, I don't like me much either, so I guess that's fair. 

I decided to call up my dear friend Jackson to fight with us because my anxiety is building day by day. 

"What do you need now, Emma?" He sounded exasperated. It makes sense, I did fuck his relationship up a bit.

"So, I need your pack..." 

"What the hell do you mean you need my pack?" He doesn't even really seem annoyed, just tired.

"Well, I'm sorta in the middle of a spat with my father, and I need to crush him." 

"You want my warriors to kill your dad...?" He thought I was insane, that's nice.

"No, he's the rogue leader, duhhhhhh. He's coming to kill everyone, blah, blah, blah. So we're going to kill him first."

"Okay, I guess."

"I would totally recommend dropping your shit and bringing your pack here. Like, now."

"What if I don't wanna."

"It's funny that you thought you had a choice. If my father doesn't hunt you down and kill you, I will. Send my love to Astra." I hung up. I have been told I have terrible etiquette when I'm on the phone. I don't really see how I act differently, but it's whatever. Haters gonna hate I guess. 

I mind linked Aaron and told him to inform Aiden that Jackson's pack would be here soon. I didn't really want to talk to him and hear him bitch about how I should've asked first. 

I knew that Aiden would find me later anyway. 

I feel like living on the same territory as your rejected mate could be a problem. I don't want him to get the wrong idea again. 

The thing is, I don't forgive people like him. He was selfish. He cheated but thought I was gonna be a pushover in spite of it. 

Anyway, who would choose to be a Luna when you can be an Alpha? I wouldn't. The feeling of power, it's addicting. I can see why my father got swept up in it. I can understand why he wants more. 

But I can see even more clearly why we can't let him have it. He will kill any wolf that even blinks at him. I get my hatred of betrayals from him. We can go a little loco over it. 

 I have to protect the people I care about. Not only from my father, but from myself as well. No one has accumulated more enemies than I have. I have no doubt that the children that I couldn't bring myself to kill have turned into someone like me who lives only for their revenge. 

Unfortunately for Aiden, he is not one of those people. And people like him often end up as collateral damage. 

My mind wandered to Nate. He and his sister are still trapped, if not dead. I hadn't told Aiden that Nate is the guy that I moved on with. He wouldn't rescue them if he knew. That's why I never gave Aiden a name for the guy that replaced him. Not that there was ever a hole to fill. 

Don't take this the wrong way, almost sleeping with him doesn't make us official or anything, but he helped me through all the "Aiden shit". And I owe him. He's only in this situation because of me. 

I promised that I would get him out of there. And not as a corpse.

It's almost funny that he started out as just another one of my pawns. It seems everyone that matters to me at all now have been pawns in my games at one time or another. 

I'm trying to focus on the other people in my life. The things that they will do with their lives. That they will be happy. How they will move on after this is all over. 

I wonder if they will be able to make up for all of the bad I did. I mean, I'm a serial killer. Isn't it funny that I'm finally doing the right thing? I never would've expected it to come to this. Let's just hope I don't fuck this up too.

I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I'm not expecting to come out of this alive. I'm not the hero of this story. I'm the bait. 

I just don't think anyone else has realized that yet.

*****

I'm so sorry I haven't updated for like a year. School got busy. 

Thanks for still being there, loves. 

Vote

Comment

Follow

~Chloe