Chapter 6

Happy Valentine's Day Bitches!

Song: I Don't Want A Valentine - Rusty Cage

*****

All I could feel is pain. I had bruises and cuts all over. I had been in the same room for so long, the days were beginning to jumble together. I honestly couldn't remember which injuries were self-inflicted, and which were just there. 

They kept me in solitary confinement. I found my self cutting my wrist with my claws and watching the skin knit back together for entertainment. But that was yesterday. 

Right now, I'm strapped to a bed like a person in an asylum. 

Can't they see that I'm the victim?

Anyway, I can't even state my side of the story because Olivia took over my mind while I was passed out, and I'm far too exhausted to fight her. Either way, I'm trapped, why be in charge of a body that can't do anything or go anywhere? 

The problem is, I don't do well being strapped to chairs because of what has happened to me in the past. 

I pushed that thought aside and decided to sleep. There's nothing wrong with sleep. Until the dream shows up again. 

I found myself thinking about Aiden since I was trapped alone with my thoughts. It was Aiden or my dead family, so I chose Aiden. 

I think about how he doesn't care about me, and instead, only the well being of his pack. Obviously, that's why he is keeping me prisoner. 

He's obviously not Alpha enough to visit me. I've heard the doctors outside my door saying that his presence would help me heal. He still never showed up. See what I mean? Selfish bastard.

I was beginning to get annoyed by being trapped in the back of my mind. Olivia has been crying a lot.  Apparently, the doctors had never seen a rogue cry before. I'm a "special case".

I woke up from my nap when I heard the door open. I don't know how long it had been since that door had last opened. 

I tried to sit up, but the restraints held me down. I could smell the invader though. It was an unconscious Aiden.

How funny that the first visit I get from him, he didn't even come by choice, how lovely. 

He began to stir, my curiosity is piqued. The only problem, my wolf is still in control and I don't know how she will react to his presence. 

His eyes opened and as he began to understand what happened to him, he visibly gulped. 

Can't he see I'm tied to a bed? What could I possibly do to him?

"I knew you'd come for me! I knew you cared!" My wolf was talking out her ass. 

"What?" He says. I laugh, but he can't hear it. 

"I knew that some witch was just messing with my head, you would never hurt me. You wouldn't right?" Dammit, Olivia. As much as my wolf annoys me, I love her, and he will destroy her.

Olivia was talking about the pain, the cheating. Wolves were always taught never to cheat on their mates. I was never told the consequences because most people didn't know. People just didn't cheat on their mates, unless you're a stupid asshole, like him.

"No. I didn't mean to hurt you though. I wouldn't have done anything if I had known." Oh, so he was talking out of his ass too, lovely.

Olivia faded into the background as she fell into a depressed state. 

I finally had control of my body. It was like watching TV. Except TV doesn't usually make you feel like your heart is being ripped out. I was able to watch everything that happened without being able to do anything. I felt powerless, but how I was feeling right now was so much worse. I couldn't even depend on my own mate.

I didn't even care about what happened. I had come to terms with it. However, he had hurt Liv, the one person who was always there for me. he would pay for that. 

My anger gave me strength and I was able to tear my restraints. I massaged my wrists. Then were red and raw. 

I knew what I had to do. I just had to say a prayer to the Moon Goddess so that I would be strong enough to get over it. I mean rejecting her plan for your life, your other half, is enough to drive a normal pack wolf to suicide. But I'm a rogue, that was even worse, that usually meant they didn't have anyone else. That I didn't have anyone else.

I fixed my posture and made my face neutral. He had a confused look on his face. Then, the confusion morphed into shock. I think he knew what I was about to do. Good, I hope it hurt too. Just as much or more than he hurt me.

"Emma, please, I said I was sorry. I am."

"Didn't your mother ever tell you, sorry doesn't cut it. So fuck you."

He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't and I wouldn't give in.

"Let me go, dammit", I practically screamed at him.

"No. You're mine", he screamed back, sending shivers down my spine as I began to relax into him. I jumped suddenly scared that if I didn't stop myself then I would never want to go. I knew what I had to do.

"I, Emma St. Germain, reject you, Aiden Douglas, as my mate."

I sent him a pitiful look as he fell to the floor, through the mate bond I knew he was in pain. "I'm sorry," I whispered before running as far away from him as possible.

*****

I thought that since it was Valentine's Day, I should post a rejection chapter.

Vote.

Comment.

Love ya'll

~Chloe