7. Mrs. Rukmini Murthy.

Hello!

Pampering yourself is the best thing one can do before a hectic week ahead. With Nalini gone on outing from school, I was left with nothing to do this weekend, so I decided to come to the spa and relax myself.

After I was done with my pampering session, I decided to head back home after picking up parcels of food, since I had given Mehula didi an off today.

I was confused and a bit scared when I saw the door of my apartment was unlocked. I remember locking it then how is this possible?

Taking a deep breath, I decided to go to the neighbors first instead of directly heading inside the house without any defense.

"Verma Aunty, I think there's someone inside my house. I remember locking it when I left but it's not locked. " I told her as she opened her door and she looked at me worriedly.

"It's not locked because your sister came back, check your phone Nandini, I've been calling you for so long. Nalini fainted in the outing and a gentleman brought her back home. " I was beyond shocked at her statement and without wasting a second, I ran inside my house.

Finding the living room empty, scared I headed to the bedroom and my eyes widened in shock when I saw Nalini lying on the bed and a man holding her hand.

"Nimmi. " I went towards the bed her hand from the man.

"Nimmi. " I patted her cheek but she was lying unconscious, making me hell scared.

"She's fine, she just got exhausted. " The man told me and I looked at him frowning.

"Thank you so much for bringing her home. You have no idea what you've done for me! " I thanked him with the bottom of my heart. I'll always be grateful to him.

"Oh no, I was called here, I'm a doctor, he brought her here. " He said pointing at the door behind me and I turned around to look.

My eyes widened, finding Mr. Malhotra on the doorstep.

"Mr. Malhotra. " I whispered his name and he began walking towards us.

"You are welcome Miss. Murthy." He said as he stood in front of me.

"Thank you so very much Mr. Malhotra, I'll always be grateful. " I told him joining my hands in front of him with teary eyes and he looked at me with shock.

"Relax Miss. Murthy, she's fine, you don't have to cry. " He consoled as I sobbed.

"She's everything to me, and you saved her, you've saved my life, I can't thank you enough. " I told him looking down.

"She's fine now Miss. Murthy, relax. " He told me and I gave him a nod.

"I'll take your leave then,  Mr. Malhotra. " The doctor said and after Mr. Malhotra gave him a nod, he left.

"Where did you find her Mr. Malhotra? " I asked him looking at my unconscious sister.

"Her school bus broke on the highway and I was passing by, so I decided to help. And when I saw that she has fainted, I decided to get her to the hospital but when I realised that she's your sister and your phone is not reachable, I brought her here and called the doc here, because otherwise you would have been worried. " He told me and I looked at him.

"How did you got to know that she's my sister? " I asked and he crossed his arms.

"Manik Malhotra. " He said with his signature smirk and attitude causing me to sigh with a small smile on my face.

"The Manik Malhotra. " I said and his smirk grew.

"Thank you Sir, thank you so very much. " I thanked him and he gave me a curt nod.

"But there's something I want to know Miss. Murthy." He said and I nodded.

"Why is she so fragile? " He asked pointing at Nalini and I looked down.

"She has a clot in her brain. " I told him lowly and he gave me a nod.

"Now I get what makes you workaholic." He said and I exhaled deeply.

"You seem to love her way too much. " He added and I looked at him.

"She's my only family, she's my everything. " I told him and he nodded slowly.

"Take care of your sister, Miss. Murthy,  I shall leave now. " He said looking at Nalini.

"I'm so sorry Mr. Malhotra, I didn't even ask for anything." I apologized.

"It's okay Miss. Murthy, take care of her. " He said and turned to leave.

"D-di. " I immediately turned my head towards Nalini as I heard her voice.

" Nimmi. " I kneeled in front of her bed and saw her opening her eyes slowly.

"Oh God! " I exclaimed before taking her in a hug.

"Di, S-sir. " She whispered and I looked at her with teary eyes. She was looking behind me, so even I turned to look at Mr. Malhotra, who was looking at Nalini with a soft face.

I thought he left, but he's still here.

"Hi. " He greeted softly, as he walked towards us.

"Thank you. " Nimmi whispered and he shook his head with a small smile.

"It's nothing. Get well soon. " He said and she smiled.

"I'll come to see you again and when I come, I don't want you to be this way,  I want to see you fit and fine. " He said and she nodded slowly.

The Monster Businessman can be this soft too, who knew!

"I'll leave Miss. Murthy. " He told me and I got up.

We walked till the main door and stopped near it.

"Thanks again Mr. Malhotra. " I thanked him once again and he nodded. He roamed his eyes in the room, but something caught his eyes and his face hardened.

I followed his gaze and found him looking at our family picture frame.

"Our last family picture. " I blurted but it seemed he wasn't listening.

He walked towards the frame and stood in front of it, with his hands inside his pocket.

"This woman, is your mother? " He asked pointing at my mother's picture. His tone was hard and somewhere filled with hatred.

"Yeah, Mrs. Rukmini Murthy. " I told him and he looked at me before looking at the picture again.

"I await you in my office Miss. Murthy." He said after some time causing me to frown.

"Now, I really look forward to working with you. Actually, you working under me. " He said through his teeth and I felt a shiver ran through my body looking at his intense gaze.

He looked like if given a chance, he would burn the whole world, or to be precise, my world.

"Don't be late. " He said before walking out of my house, leaving me confused at his bipolar behavior.

---------------------------------------------------------

Last update of the year❤

I hope you enjoyed❤

Don't forget to turn the white star orange and drop a comment before you leave.

Love
Aashi❤