39. Welcome Back, Mrs. Malhotra!

Hello!

Double update as promised😁

With a heavy head, I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the bed of his room.

I felt tired, lost, helpless, as if something in me had died, something significant. Hope? May be.

I heard the door open and saw him steping inside.

The Monster who I should hate by now but for some reason I can't get myself to hate him. I feel his pain when I look at him and it just makes it harder to hate him eventhough he's making my life a living hell.

I'm not a saint, neither a quintessential heroine of a daily soap. I'm not this forgiving and generous generally but when it comes to this guy, I can't seem to think rationally.

I know he acts stupid, he can get nothing out of hurting me, he is probably the worst human I've encountered in my life but again, I just can't hate him and I'm starting to get annoyed because of this.

I can't even curse him in my head for some reason. Despite everything he does, I never imagine thinking about reveng. What is wrong with me?

He's not my family, friend or someone I love, even adore. He's none of the above, still there's a connect which just makes me want to hold him and cry my heart out. I want to yell, complain, even punch him, but I want to do all this, holding him in my arms.

I want to urge him to do the same, just vent it out at once and end this for once and for all. I just want him to get rid of all these uncertain emotions, burden, pain, everything. I want him free, relieved. I want him to let go of everything that's hurting him, including me.

I don't wish bad for him but I don't want to be with him either, I want to just go far away, so far that he can never find me. Never ever.

I had tears in my eyes and I looked at him tired of all this and found him tearing up to.

Hopelessly, I looked away, outside the window and a tear escaped my eyes.

His footsteps told me he was nearing me and I closed my eyes.

"Nandini." He whispered and I slowly looked at him.

"Manik." I whispered back and a lone tear escaped his eye.

"I—" "Remember. " I cut his sentence off.

"You once told me that if I want to cry... I'll have to hold you and then cry?" I asked and he looked confused.

"Do you remember?" I asked tearing up and he nodded hesitantly.

"Come closer then." I whispered and his eyes showed hesitance.

"Come closer Manik, at least let me cry."  I whispered compassionately and he slowly sat beside me.

He helped me in sitting on the bed and I hugged him tightly, breaking down completely.

"I'm sorry. " He cried, wrapping his hands around me and hugging me back, tightly.

I felt the warmth and clung more into him.

"I'm sorry Nandini." He whispered and my sobbing increased.

"Just end all this Manik, I can't take this anymore. I can't. " I cried looking at him and he wiped my tears.

"I know, I don't want to do this either, but I'll have to Nandini, I'll have to." He cried and I wiped his tears.

He held me closer and I closed my eyes.

"I don't want this to continue please." I cried and felt my head getting heavier.

"Aah!" Feeling a sharp pain in my head, I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the bed.