46. Guilt Trip!

Hello!

Happy Dusshera to all of you😁

Stirring a bit in sleep, I felt something heavy on my stomach causing me to open my eyes slowly.

A hand was lying on my stomach causing me to wake up in panic. I almost cracked my neck with the intensity with which I turned to look beside me. And what do I see? A peacefully sleeping Head Of Evil with the most innocent looking face ever.

His hair were all over his forehead and his mouth was mite open causing me to sigh in relief. I felt kinda safe, like nothing was wrong, eventhough it was. We got married but he isn't my husband, I can never accept him and he won't accept me as his wife either.

With this uncomfortable feeling, I got his hand off him and got out of the bed.

After that one phone call, he didn't call me again for the whole week and even though I wanted to call him myself, I didn't either. May be because I didn't wanted to disturb him in his friend's wedding, the wedding he lied to me about or may be because it didn't feel right to call him considering I have no right to.

He didn't even inform me about his arrival and I don't know why it's a little hurtful. He didn't really had to Nandini, he owes you nothing, not even an explanation nor an apology, nothing at all. He didn't even care to tell you the truth about where he was going.

Why is this man so complex? Why can't he be like any other normal human being? Why is it improbable to understand him?

After I was done with my morning routine, I decided to call Chachi today and talk to her. It's been really long that I have called her, I must ask about her whereabouts too. And may be I could find out something more, something useful.

After that phone call with Head Of Evil, I thought about it a lot and realized that the only people who can probably help me are chacha chachi. There might be a few things that they are aware of and I'm not. And since I didn't heard back from that journalist, I think I'll just have to try a different route.

I went to the living room, to make sure I don't disturb Mr. Malhotra's sleep and also because I like it ahen he's asleep and not talking to me and called chachi but she didn't pick up, so I called chachaji but he didn't pick up either.

"Must be busy." I mumbled before keeping my phone away and sighing.

"Good morning Mrs. Malhotra. " I got startled at the voice and turned around to find Mr. Malhotra descending the stairs with a smile.

He looked half sleepy and was still in his pajamas, walking towards me.

"I wished you good morning. Don't you want it to be good for me as well?" He asked sitting in front of me with a smirk.

"No thanks, because if it'll be good for you, it'll surely turn bad for me." I told him and his smirk grew.

"Well, I won't deny that." He said shrugging and picked up the newspaper.

As he looked through the pages, his smirk disappeared and he looked really displeased. His cool demeanor faded sooner than weekends and a really scary thick air surrounded us. He is big time mad. With a straight face and somewhat trying to control his rage, he read more and then stood up all of a sudden causing me to frown.

He walked back upstairs in rage and muddled, I took up the newspaper.

Are Money and Inheritance enough of a big reasons to disregard your father and his love? One should ask Manik Malhotra.

I read the headline with wide eyes and understood why Mr. Malhotra looked so enraged.

So the journalist did it! My heart beat was racing and a fear engulfed me. I was shivering at the thought of what he was going to do next. What if he catches me? What will he do after that? Kill me? Or worse, kill Nimmi? No no no! This would never happen! He would never know! I immediately checked my instragram to make sure that I had already deleted the conversation I had with that journalist and even that fake id.

Mr. Malhotra will never know that I am behind all this. Never. There's no way! But they say truth always comes out no matter what.

But this can't come out! He already looks so scary, I don't know what he'll do if he gets to know the truth. I can't let him know! I shouldn't have done this in the first place. Shouldn't have included the Press. Damn it!

I slowly walked towards the bedroom and heard some commotions from outside only.

Better not disturb him right now.

I walked back to the living room to collect my cellphone and then to the kitchen to look at the breakfast preparations. It's better to leave him alone if I want to be safe. I won't come in his eyes today.

After taking my breakfast, I asked a staff to go and take his to the room so that he doesn't have to come down.

The lawn mower was making aloud sound and my heart my thumping in my chest. Please Ayyappa, I don't want to get caught. Please save me. My intentions were not wrong, I just wanted to prove my mother's innocence and I know this will lead to Mr. Naren Malhotra coming back here and I will finally get to interact with him. I need his words to save my world Ayyappa and I knew Mr. Malhotra was going to be mad at all this but I just hope he remains innocuous to Nimmi.

"Madem, sir is not in his room." I came out of my thoughts as heard the staff's voice whom I had sent with food.

"Then he must be in the study, go check there." I told her looking at the food.

"Madem, sir has left." Another one informed causing me to frown.

"When?" I asked muddled. He was just now upstairs,  when did he come down?

"Just now madem." She informed.

"Without eating? Do one thing, pack a tiffin and send it to the office with driver." I instructed and she nodded and I put my plate away too.

I can't eat either. He left like this because of me. Knowing his father's character, the headline must have really hurt him and I'm guilty of all this. I'm sorry Mr. Malhotra, I really am.

The whole day, my heart was heavy after that. I couldn't eat, sleep or even sit at one place for too long. The guilt was eating me up. Eventhough he hurts me all the time, I couldn't forgive myself for pressing his weak point, because that's just not me. I have put my mother's upbringing in shame by hurting him like this.

It was around 2am now and I was still sitting in the living room, waiting for him to come back and when he did, I felt tears forming in my eyes.

He looked really tired and lost. He just walked straight in and collapsed on the couch in front of me. I wanted to go and hug him tight and confess everything. I can't keep this burden on me anymore, I need to tell him and after that whatever he does to me, I'm okay with it.

I was about to speak when I heard a feminine voice call his name.

"Manik." We both looked towards the entrance and found a girl standing there with her luggage.

"Natasha." Manik whispered.

_________________________________________

Nandini is in deep guilt. That's what happens when you are a good person, isn't it?

Also, someone is here.

Since Diwali is coming, I present to you a bombshell, Natasha Khurana 😜

Hope you are liking the story so far.

I love hearing from you guys so keep sharing your feelings with me.

Love
Aashi❤