14. Awkward!

Hello!

So here's something I wanted to let you know.

Before I post a story I do a poll on my profile giving options between two stories. I ask my readers to pick one and then I post that story which majority of the readers ask me to post. If you want you can also take part in that and for that, either follow my account or just keep a check on it.

It'll help you in getting early updates.

.*.*.*.

"It's been a whole week that Arjun has gone away for a business trip and I'm staying alone. I was tired of eating alone, thank you for accompanying me Nandini. " Amyra thanked me eating the pasta.

"There's no need of thanks Amyra, even my sister has left and I don't like staying alone at home for too long. It's good that you asked me out and we came here. " I told her and she smiled nodding.

"He'll be back tomorrow and you are invited to my place for dinner." She invited and I smiled nodding.

"Thank you, that's really sweet of you but don't you think you should spend tomorrow evening with just your husband, after all he's coming back after a whole week. " I suggested and she looked down blushing.

" No no,  I insist you come." She said but I'm wise enough.

"Some other day? " I asked and she sighed before agreeing.

"You are a sweetheart Nandini, I don't know why Mr. Malhotra is doing this to you. " She said pouting and I sighed.

"I wonder what goes inside that head of his. " I said closing my eyes and leaning on the chair.

"You know what Nandini, this is my fifth year working with him and I have never had any personal contact with him. Of course there were times when I had pissed him off with my mistakes and he scolded me but that was strictly professional and for my betterment only.

He has never tortured any of us, we all know he's short tempered but he has never gone out of his way to trouble us, like he troubles you, as if he gets some inner peace doing this." She said pitifully.

"It's just my second day,  there's a lot more to come I feel. " I told her and she sighed.

" But I'm always there for you, whenever you need me. " She assured and I gave her a nod.

"Is he really less interactive with others? " I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, actually to be very honest Nandini, he is a lonely man. His mother passed away when he was a kid and his father lives in London and it's said that he lives their with a mistress of Mr. Malhotra's age. He was always a busy man who never really bothered about his son, all Mr. Malhotra had was his mom and after she left, he has lived an isolated life.

You can't really blame him for being what he is today, I've noticed he used to prefer being alone until you stepped in. " I frowned at her words.  He has gone through so much at a young age like me.

"Nandini, don't take me wrong but it amuses me how he is getting involved with you. Though in a negative way but at least he's giving another human some attention other than for work purposes. This is strange but at the same time I would say, you are special.

He never recruits someone like he appointed you, never. It's a proper procedure and you just came and began working. Without any rounds of interviews. You know we have a whole community who takes three tiers of interviews before hiring someone even as an intern. And you got a job of my assistant without even a single interview. " I was confused and shocked at her words.

He was stubborn, he wanted me to join his company anyhow, he even threatened me to do that. Now I'm sure it's not because of my professionalism but there is definitely something else, otherwise I don't see why he would do that. But what? What is there that has compelled him to do this? I had not even seen him before that day in office then why?

"You are special and the whole office knows this now. " I looked at her with wide eyes when she told me this.

"The whole office, it's really weird. " I told her and she chuckled.

"The whispers will hush down but have you thought what are you going to do? I mean I saw how he went to your cabin with lunch today. Nandini don't take me wrong, but it's not a good sign.

He's a Casanova but never beds his employees, so this can't be a reason. So, you should be more careful. He's The Manik Malhotra, he's dangerous. " She warned and I gulped.

I don't see a way out of this and I'm really scared now. I know Amyra just wanted to warn me but she has scared me more.

"People have also started saying that he has broke his rule of not bedding an employee for you. " She whispered and my eyes widened.

"What? " I whispered yelled in shock and she shrugged.

"No. " I whined holding my head.

"What do I do now Amyra?" I asked worriedly and she gave me pitiful look.

"I don't know. I think you should just ask him next time he troubles you. " She suggested and I bit my lip.

"May be. " I said unsure and she nodded.

"I'm done eating. " She said and even I couldn't eat after everything so we called for the bill and paid it before leaving.

"Don't stress yourself too much, I just wanted to warn you before anything wrong happens. Take care Nandini. " Amyra hugged me before leaving for her place and I left for mine.

I was about to sit on the cab when I felt a pat on my shoulder and turned to find Rahul standing behind me.

"Hi. " I greeted and he smiled.

"How are you? " He asked and I shrugged.

"How's everyone? " I asked and he looked down.

"You are being missed. " He said causing me to chuckle.

"My presence was not that evident for me being missed. " I told him smiling and he shook his head.

"That's what you think. How is everything in the new office? " He asked and if only I could state the truth.

"Can't say much,, it was just my second day. " I told him and he nodded.

"Ma'am, can you be quick please? " The driver asked and I nodded.

"Bye Rahul. " I whispered.

"I'll see you? " He asked and I looked around shrugging.

"May be. " I was uncertain. You never know!

"Okay. " He said nodding.

He took a step towards me and took me in a really awkward hug. Strange guy. We parted the next moment and I saw a weird longing in his eyes.

"Bye. " I said and he nodded. He opened the cab's door for me and I got inside. Awkward.

We waved at each other before he was out of sight. Sighing I rested my head on the window glass and looked outside for the rest of the ride.

---------------------------------------------------------

Something really exciting is going to happen in the next chapter 😉🔥

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you are liking the story so far.

Thank you for reading.

Love
Aashi❤