35. Equal Shares!

Hello!

I wanted your opinion on something,  should I give updates weekly or whenever I want?

My head was exceptionally heavy and I felt my throat burning a little from inside.

Holding my head,I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to the brightness. Moving my feet a little, I couldn't hdlp the yelp that came out of my mouth as my feet hurt real bad.

Looking down at the quilt, I remembered whatever happened earlier and tried to sit up in the bed but my feet began hurting even more so I just gave up and lied on the bed quietly.

For how long have I been passed out? What if Navya had called to give some news? I need to find out.

Looking around for my phone,  I found it on the nightstand beside me and immediately looked up for any calls or texts.

Here it was, Navya's text.

"Call me asap."

This made me really nervous. Call her asap? Why do I have this feeling that something is wrong? Otherwise she would've just texted that everything is fine. But what if she wants to give the good news in person to me or may be she didn't text,  fearing Mr. Malhotra might see it?

I should just stop overthinking and call her instead!

Taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm my racing heart down, I finally called her.

"Hello?" She answered in the first ring itself.

"Navya."

"Nandu."

"Tell me already. "

"Listen Nandu, don't start to panic okay, just let me complete." She was really scaring me more.

"Is it really bad?" I asked nervously.

"I'm afraid,  it is. But just let me complete okay?"

"Just tell me!"

"I asked my friend and coincidentally she is among the staff who are taking care of Nimmi. She told me, Nimmi is getting the best treatment they have but..."

"But?" I was getting impatient.

"There's no improvement Nandini, it's like nothing that they are doing is working." I felt my body getting really cold, as if someone was sucking the life out of it.

"But don't worry Nandini, the moment Mr. Malhotra got to know about this,  he immediately called for a team of doctors from Italy. They'll be hear very soon and everyone's sure that it's the best for Nimmi and her health will get better." She assured and I gulped.

"Are you making this up to make me feel better? If this is what it is you don't have to do this Navya, I'm fine." I told her and heard her sigh.

I'm not weak. I can handle this. I'm stronger than this. I won't break. She will be fine.

"No Nandini, I'm not making this up. Trust me, this is what she told me. I promise." She promised and I looked down.

"Thank you Navya. " I thanked her for the helping hand that she provided.

"You don't have to thank me Nandini, this is what friends are for. Just take care of yourself, I'll see you in the hospital tomorrow. " She said and I looked towards my feet.

"Navya, he has made it difficult for me to see Nimmi, I won't be able to come to the hospital, can you please visit her?" I asked.

"Okay, I will. But are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." If only I could tell you Navya but you are already doing so much for me, I can't stress you more.

"And one more thing Nandini, I hadn't thought I'll say this to you but if you see it this way, I think Mr. Malhotra was trying to protect you from this mental stress by hiding her condition. He obviously knows you'll get really scared and stressed if you get to know about this, so may be that's why he was hiding it." I couldn't help but chuckle ironically at her words.

If only you knew Navya!

"You are thinking too highly of him Navya, he's not the man you are assuming him to be. Keeping me frustrated is his own form of torture, you don't know him but now I do." I told her trying to sit and leaning on the headboard.

"If you say so, I told you what came in my mind, but you obviously know him better." She said and I heard footsteps.

"Someone's coming, I'll talk to you later." I told her before disconnecting the call and keeping my phone on the nightstand.

I just closed my eyes, leaning on the headboard.

I heard the door open and then close a moment later.

"Look here." I heard Mr. Malhotra's voice but didn't respond.

"Miss. Murthy open your eyes!" He commanded but I still didn't obliged. I don't want to look at him, at least not now.

"MRS.. NANDINI MANIK MALHOTRA OPEN YOUR EYES. "

I looked at him in shock as he yelled and a smirk came on his lips.

"If you really wanted to be addressed like this, you should have told me Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra. " He raised his one eyebrow with that evil smirk and I looked away.

"Looks like Mrs. Malhotra isn't in a good mood today." I was literally shocked at his words.

"No no Mr. Malhotra, of course not! Instead I'm glad that I was thrown on broken glass pieces by my husband. It's the happiest day of my life but unfortunately I can't stand on my own today, otherwise I would have thrown a party for this occasion." I told him with the fakest smile I could present.

He chuckled walking towards me and sat on the bed beside me.

"That my dear wife..." He put a hair strand behind my ear.

"Was just my way of showing my love for you." He completed with a smile and then took the quilt off my feet, which were bandaged now.

"And this..." He touched the bandage causing me to yelp.

"The mark will stay forever, reminding you of me even when we are not together. " He said looking at my feet with some kind of curiosity.

"So it's my feet where you found your spot, isn't it?" I asked and he looked at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Don't worry Mrs. Malhotra, one spot is not capable of containing all of your husband's love,  soon enough you'll have my marks all over your body, mind and soul." He gave an insight into his plans, holding my face and I felt a chill ran down my spine because of the intensity of his voice.

He held me in an eye contact until we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." He allowed and a butler came with a trolley with food in it.

"Let's have dinner together." He announced and went to bring the trolley near the bed as the butler went out closing the door behind him.

"Here, eat and feed me too." He demanded causing me to frown.

"Why? Eat on your own." I told him and he raised his eyebrows.

"What kind of wife even are you Mrs. Malhotra? You still didn't notice your husband's hands are injured. " He raised his hands and that's when I noticed he had bandages wrapped on both his palms.

"What happened to you?" I asked frowned.

"During the vows in marriage, they said we will be sharing both happiness and pain, so how could you be the only one suffering Wifey? Your husband has to have equal shares in it." He told me shrugging.

"What nonsense!"

_________________________________________

On the scale of 0-10 rate the craziness of Mr. Malhotra😂😂

What do you think about the chapter?

Love
Aashi❤