Chapter 9

Mr. Stark and I waited outside the lab for hours while Mr. Strange was operating on Y/n. "Do you think he knows what he's doing Mr. Stark?"
"He's a doctor so he should know what he's doing." Mr. Stark insisted.
"I'm just-I'm just scared she's never going to be the same girl I fell in love with-I mean I uh-"
"Listen Peter. She's going to be fine. I'm sure she's in great hands." I dipped my head into my hands, wiping my eyes. "Do you think they're going to notice she's gone?" I asked.
"Don't worry. I got it." Mr. Stark noted.
I heard the door open up and footsteps walk down the hall. "It's worse than I thought." Mr. Strange said, pulling off his gloves. "What do you mean?" Mr. Stark asked. Mr. Strange simply shook his head. "Her hands were totally shattered so I'm hoping that that when she wakes up, I can try and train her so, you know, she'll have the same powers that I do. But she won't be doing much moving for a few weeks."
Mr. Stark and I nodded along.
"Is that all?" I asked. Mr. Strange shook his head once more. "It's too early to tell but I If my observations are correct, she has some brain damage. But we won't know the side effects until after she walks up." He explained.
"And when will that be?" Mr. Stark asked.
"Not for a few days."
~~~~~
Mr. Strange was wrong. It hadn't been just a few days. It had been two weeks. I slept at the base almost every night. Within those two weeks, she never moved a muscle.
"I know you can't here me Y/n, but I just wanted to say how much I miss you. It's so weird at school without you." I said, gently brushing my thumb on her palm.
"I've been collecting all of your school work. I know how much anxiety you get when your workload piles up so I figured I would help you with everything. You know, just to make sure you are keeping up." I explained. It's hard to keep a conversation with someone who doesn't respond.
~~~~~
Another week had past and she was still asleep.
I still visited her everyday and brought cards and other treats from friends and family. They all thought she was still in the hospital so I would bring them over to her at the base.
"Hey Kid." Mr. Stark said from the living room.
"Hey Mr. Stark. I'm just here to visit Y/n." I answered.
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about."
My eyes went wide. "What? Is she okay? Is she still-"
"Relax Peter. She's fine. It's just-I don't think you should be visiting this often."
"What? I just want to be here when she wakes up." I said.
"And I know that. But you have to understand that school comes first and that hot aunt of yours-"
"Hey!" I snapped. "Sorry Kid. But anyways, you need to keep your priorities straight."
"Fine. This'll be my last time." I mumbled as I marched down the hall. I opened the door to
Y/n's and set more gifts down on her table. After setting my backpack down, I took my usual seat next to her bed.
"Hey Y/n. I'm back again. Mr. Stark says I should take a break from coming and visiting. And I would listen to him but I want to be here when you wake up." I explained. "I need to be here to comfort you because I know you're going to be scared when you wake up. Just know that it's all going to be alright. And you're going to get better. I promise."
There was a knock on the door and in walked Mr. Strange.
"Morning Peter." He said while washing his hands. "Hey Mr. Strange."
"Anything new with Y/n?" He asked.
"Not that I can tell. She's still still as a rock. Any ideas of when she'll wake up?" I asked.
"At this point, its beyond my control. I didn't expect her to-" Mr. suddenly looked down at
Y/n. She was mumbling words that neither of us could make up. I'm "What did she say?" I asked.
"No-no....please." She mumbled. "Leave me alone." She whispered again. "Get out!" She yelled. "Get out of my head!" She screamed. She suddenly bolted upright, breathing heavily. "Shh shhh shhh. You're okay Y/n." I insisted, pulling her towards my chest. "What happened?" She asked.
"You got into an accident but you'll get though this. I promise." I said pulling her closer again. I have her a kiss on the top of her head, but she quickly pulled away.
"What's wrong Y/n?" I asked worriedly.
"I'm sorry but who are you exactly?"