Chapter 16

~3rd person POV~

The three heroes pulled their heads back from around the corner. "We can't go in there." Mr. Stark insisted. "What why?" Stephen questioned.
"If we go in there, we will die." Tony explained. "Especially you. We have no kind of plan going in so we just need to go-" Tony stopped mid sentence and began to look around.
"What is it Tony?"
"Where did Peter go?"
"GET AWAY FROM HER!" They heard a voice yelled. They looked around the corner to see Peter swinging towards Nightmare, attempting to push him to the ground.
"Shit..." Tony mumbled, firing up his blasters. Tony and Stephen rushed to Peter's side, ready for battle.
"It's three against one Nightmare. You will not win." Stephen insisted.
"What am I invisible to you?" An angry voice called. Before he had time to react, Stephen felt something hit his face, hard, causing him to fall from the air and onto the ground.
Y/n landed on one knee, showing a mischievous smile. Her hands, bursting with red flames as she stood.
"Who would have thought that such a sorcerer would need a henchman to do you dirty work?" Stephen said, siting up and rubbing his jaw.
Nightmare sent a wave of green light towards the three heroes. Sending them hurtling backwards.
"STRANGE! STOP BEING A SMART ASS AND ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING USEFUL!" Tony yelled as he sent a blast towards Nightmare, sending him off his feet. Then he shot another towards Y/n.
"NO! DON'T HURT-" Peter began to yell. Instead of being hit, Y/n looked at the beam of light, causing it to stop, turn back, and fly towards Tony, hitting him square in the chest.
"Never mind." Peter grunted, shooting a web to the ceiling. He went flying as he swung himself towards Y/n.
Just as she turned to blocked, his feet collided with her face, slamming her against the wall.
"Last time I saw you, you were a lot harder to fight." Stephen insisted towards Nightmare.
Nightmare sent another sudden blast, causing both to fall back. Tony flew up, sending several blasts towards the villain, but he had blocked each shot.
"He's not backing down Strange." Tony noted.
"He will eventually." Stephen insisted.
"He controls dreams right?" Tony asked, sending several more blasts towards Nightmare once more. "What if we were asleep, could we fight him then?" Tony continued.
"And I thought you were smart Tony!" Stephen yelled. "You said it yourself! He controls dreams! It would only make it harder!"
Tony rolled his eyes as he lowered himself to the crowd, sending a punch towards Nightmares face. He quickly blocked the punch and grabbed onto Tony's other fist, pushing him farther and farther into the ground.

Y/n dropped to the ground, fury building in her eyes. She ran, pouncing on Peter, making him fall the ground.
Y/n grasped one hand around Peter's throat, forcing him to gasp air.
"P-p-please s-st-stop." Peter choked. Y/n held her other hand just above his head, conjuring up a flame.
Peter's instincts swung his arm up above his head, shooting a web. He pulled himself out from underneath Y/n. She flew off, hitting the ground with a loud thud.
"THIS ISN'T YOU Y/N! HE'S USING YOU! CONTROLLING YOU!" Peter screamed. You sent a flame speeding towards Peter's head, which he quickly dodged.
Peter shot a web around your ankles, pulling you towards him.
"You need to snap out of it!" He yelled.
"You don't know what you're talking about Peter!" Y/n argued. Shooting fire at his web trying to get free of his web.
"He's going to kill you if you don't get out know!"
Y/n ignored him, finally getting free of Peter's grasp. "Once you finish his business, he's going to kill and go back to his realm!" Peter explained.
"SHUT THE HELL UP!" You screamed, your hands bursting with flames. "Just listen to me please!" Peter begged.
"And why would I do that?!" Y/n yelled in return.
"Because...because I love you Y/n!" Y/n felt her red flame flicker. "No...no!" Y/n yelled. "You're just saying that to get into my head!"
"No I'm not! I've loved you since the first time I met you!"
"STOP IT!" You screamed.
"When I first saw you in your apartment and I was patrolling the city, I fell in love with you! I fell I love with you because of your kindness and bravery! And for all the good you bring into the world!" Peter explained.
"No!" Y/n cried.
"That's the Y/n I fell in love with! Please just come back to me! I love you too much to let you go!" Peter cried, pulling off his mask. Tears were flowing from his face.
"Y/n...please..."

~Y/n's POV~
I felt my body grow numb. The feeling of fire spread throughout it. My feet slowly left the ground, feeling as light as a feather.
I felt my eyes fade from and back to y/e/c. My white hair flowed behind me, turning it back to y/h/c.
A spark shot through my body, making the room turn blue. I fell down to the ground landing on one knee, leaving a blue circle engraved on the ground.
As I stood up, a blue flame lit from both my hands. I looked behind me, staring Nightmare dead in the eyes. A shock of fear engulfed him as I began to move towards him.
Before he could react, I shot a blue flame at his head. He screamed as it took him over. I continued to ran towards him, sending a lock straight into his stomach. Then after one more punch, he was out cold.
I pulled myself away from Nightmare, walking back to the three heroes.
"I-I-I'm so sorry." I cried. Without hesitation, Peter reaches his arms out and gently pressing his lips to mine. That's when I realized, everything I was missing in my life was finally found. And it was holding me in his arms.