Chapter 12

Peter's POV
I was forced to return to school the next day. Mr. Stark insisted they would have everything under control, but I couldn't help but believe they really needed me there.
I slowly walked from class to class, feeling empty. I hated not having Y/n to cheer me up. But now, knowing she's out there, scared, i hate it even more. My feet felt heavy as I walked through the halls. Time couldn't have gone slower.
"Hey Peter!" Ned calmes from down the hallway. He rushed over, smiling from ear to ear. "I got the new Millennium Falcon Lego set! 7,541 pieces! Wanna help me build it?"
"Sorry Ned. I can't." I said, closing my locker.
"What? Why?"
"I just can't." I said again.
"That's not an answer Peter. Come on, you can tell me anything. I'm the guy in the chair!" Ned insisted. "Fine. Just come with me." We walked down the hall and into an empty classroom. After I shut the door, I turned back to Ned.
"So, are you gonna tell me what's going on?" Ned asked again.
"Yeah. So you know how Y/n got into an accident?" I questioned.
"Um yeah! The whole school knows!"
"Shh Shh!" I said pushing my finger against my lips. "Anyways, she's been at the Avengers base and Mr. Strange has been trying to heal her."
"Who's Mr. Strange?"
"Oh yeah. Sorry. His name is Doctor Strange."
"Oh! I've seen that guy on the news before!"
"Shhh Ned!"
"Sorry sorry. Continue." Ned insisted.
"After she woke up, she just went crazy. And Mr. Strange said she's being controlled by some crazy dream sorcerer guy."
"Whoa." Ned replied with wide eyes. "So no Ned, I can't build legos because I have to find a way to save Y/n." I explained.
"Yeah...yeah. I got it." He said. "Can I help?" He continued.
"Ummm no..." I replied.
"What? Why? Aren't I the guy in the chair? I'm meant for these kinds of things."
"Because I-fine. I'll call you if I need you but if I don't, do not get involved." I emphasized on the words 'do not' indicating he shouldn't get involved.
"Yes!" Ned shouted again. "Ned!"
"Sorry!"

~~~~~

Y/n's POV
I was trapped. Trapped in a world of darkness. It felt as though I had no control. No control of my body. No control of my words. The only thing I had control of was my thoughts. But my thoughts were trapped inside my head, unable to be released.
I laid on the ground of the stone cold room, and stared up at the ceiling. The room was pitch black. Then I noticed a marking in the ceiling. I raised my hand up and lit a red flame from my fingertips, conducting sparks from the tip. I looked at the markings. It looked oddly familiar. Almost like a map. But a map of what, I couldn't quite grasp.
Knock
knock
The sudden knock, startled be, making me quickly extinguish my flame. "Get up!" The voice yelled. I perked myself up and opened the door. "Follow me." A man said.
His figure wasn't exactly like a ghost. More like a character from a dream. I did as I was told and followed the figure. He guided me through an endless amount of tunnels.
The tunnels were lined with bones. The Sir felt cold as I walked, sending a shiver through my skin.
He then led me into a large room. Water slowly dripping from the ceiling. A large howl echoed through the room with each step I took.
The door suddenly shut behind me, making me snap my head back. "No!" I yelled. "Get me out!"
"No one can hear you Y/n." The deep voice rang in my ears. I dropped to the floor, my hands pressed up against them.
"Get out of my head!" I screamed, sending a high pitch echo through the room.
By body went limp as something pulled me up. "Listen to me Y/n." The voice spoke. "You will do exactly as I say. You will obey my every command. You will be at my beck and call anytime I need your assistance. Understand?"
I squirmed around in the air.
"I'll never be your slave. You can't make me." I insisted. Then I began to choke. It felt as though someone had their hands around it.
"Do as I command Y/n!"
"N-n-no!" I choked. "N-n-ne-never." My spine began to shiver as a sharp pain shot through. I screamed in pain as the voice spoke again.
"DON'T DISOBEY ME Y/N!" A figure yelled. He slowly came into view. The same one as the night before.
"N-Ni-Nightmare..." I mumbled.
"At least you remember my name weak one." He said. "I-I'm not weak." I mumbled.
"Speak clearly Y/n. I can't understand you when you mumble."
"I'm not weak." I said a tad bit louder.
"You are weak Y/n! You can't even control your own powers!"
"Shut up!" I said, a tear sliding down my cheek.
"Your father left and didn't return until almost a decade later-"
"Shut up! I yelled louder than before.
"You are nasty criminal who can't understand how to control their emotions!"
"I said shut up!" I screamed.
"You can't even go a day without thinking of all of your mistakes."
"Shut the hell up!" I screamed, tears falling harder than the ever before.
"You betrayed your best friends trust! He no longer loves you!"
"NO!" I screamed. My blood was boiling and my tears were becoming red hot.
My hands shot out red flame until I created a circle around me. I dropped to the floor, landing on one knee. My head perked up as Nightmare came closer.
As my breath began to steady as he stood right above me.
"Are you ready to obey your new god Y/n?" He questioned, casting a wicked smile.
"Yes Sir." I answered. I stood up, feeling the fire inside me grow. I was no longer myself. My hair waved behind me and my eyes faded once again like the night before. And that's when I knew no one could save me. Not even Peter.