Chapter 17

~Two months later~
Today was my first day back to school. I had been trying to catch up on all of my school work over the past two months. My hair had finally turned back to my permanent y/h/c hair and there was no more red tint left in my y/e/c eyes.
Within those two months, my memory was slowly reviving itself. Though I would occasionally forget names or simple words.
My dad has been so much more involved. I ended up bringing him back home, which confused my mom but she embraced him back into the family. I walked out of my apartment, bidding my parents a farewell. As I stood at the corner, I realized how nervous I was to return.
My dad had told me to have a backstory as to why I was gone because being kidnapped and enslaved by an evil sorcerer isn't very believable. So I decided I would just mention the whole car accident part.
"Hey!" Someone called from behind me. "Hey Peter." I said. He pulled me into his embrace, touching his lips to mine.
"I'm so excited that you're back. It hasn't been the same without you." He insisted, holding me around the waist.
"And I'm excited to be back Peter but to be honest, I'm quite nervous. I mean, I've been gone for well, a really long time." I rambled.
"Don't worry love. You'll be alright." Peter answered. "You sure?"
"I'm absolutely positive." felt him kiss the top of my head, making me smile.
"I figured if anyone asked, I would just tell them I was hit by a car instead of, you know..."
Peter looked down at his feet.
"What?" I questioned. "Everyone kinda already knows you were hit by a car." He explained.
"What?-How?- It was Ned, wasn't it?!"
"Yeah, Yeah."
"Oh he's going to get it-"
"Y/n calm down!" Peter laughed. "You'll be fine." He insisted. I simply rolled my eyes as he threw his arm around my shoulder. We began our short walk to school, talking the entire way.
"So how's training going?"
Peter asked. "It's going well. My dad is a great teacher. Really understanding with the whole 'still learning things due to memory loss' thing." I explained.
"Lucky." Peter groaned. "When Mr. Stark was helping me with training, all he did was yell. He took my suit away once." Peter put his head down in embarrassment.
I felt him tangle his fingers in mine as we arrived back at school. I tried to duck my head down as whispered were heard all around me. "Just ignore them Love." Peter insisted, guiding me into the school. With his help, I managed to find my locker, get to my classes on time, and get away from the crowded hallways
My stomach suddenly began to rumble, signaling lunch was soon. As the bell rang, Peter and I rushed to the cafeteria to get the best seats. I took out my lunch and laid it out on the table, just as Ned came and sat down.
"Y/n! It's good to see you again." He exclaimed, opening up his own lunch.
"And I would be happy to see you but-"
"Would?" He noted. "Well you did tell the entire school what happened." I explained.
"What? That you were being controlled by an evil sorcerer who made you almost kill people."
I stared at him with wide eyes. "What! You told people that?"
"No no! People were just asking where you were so I told them that you got into an accident." Ned explained.
"Then how do you know about everything else?" Ned looked at Peter, then looked back at his lunch. "I-I just figured it out." Ned mumbled. "Peter!" I exclaimed, turning my body towards him. "What? I-I didn't say anything." Peter insisted. "Yes you did! I know when you're lying." I noted. "What how?"
"You get all tense and you bite your bottom lip. If that's not a dead giveaway then I don't know what is." I declared, taking another bite of your sandwich. Peter tried to laugh it off. He then grabbing my hand under the table making me smile. "Oh Y/n. I have an idea-"
"So Penis Parker finally got a girlfriend." A voice called from behind us. We turned around to see flash, who's devilish grin beamed with delight. "And it's the dead girl!" He exclaimed.
"Shut up Flash!" Peter yelled. "Shh Peter. I have a plan" I whispered.
"Seems like the only girls you fall in love with have some kind of tragic-OW!" Peter looked down the see a small blue flame start to light up on Flash's shoe. "OW! WHAT THE HELL!"
The flame grew bigger. His friends tried to throw their water on the flame I had conjured but it was no use. I made the flame grow from his shoe and on to his pant leg.
"Y/n. Cut-Cut-Cut it out." Peter laughed. "Fine." I giggled. With the snap of my fingers, the flame vanished. Flash quickly did a double take in my direction, which then sent him running out of the cafeteria.
"What were you saying Peter?" I asked.
"I uh-I just wanted to tell you to be ready for me to pick you up by 10:00pm." He said.
~~~~~
I sat on the balcony, waiting for Peter. I was scrolling through my phone until exactly 10:00. I looked up to see Peter swinging from a web. "Ready?" He asked. I quickly shook my head, reaching into his embrace.
We swung or way to the Queensboro Bridge. It was the first place he took me, before I knew he was Spider-Man. Just like before, he laid out a web for us to sit on. "I got sandwiches." He said, pulling out the food from his bag.
"Number 5 with pickles smooshed down real flat?" I asked. "As if there's anything else it would be." He noted.
Once we were done with eating, I laid down in Peter's arms, putting his mask on my stomach.
"Have I ever told you how much I loved you
Y/n?" Peter asked. "Only a million times." I said.
"No no. That's not what I mean." He insisted.
"Wait. Then what do you mean?"
"Well, the first time I saw you, I knew you were the one. And now we've gone on this crazy adventure. Through this entire thing you've been so brave." I couldn't help but smile as Peter spoke.
"You found your dad, you obtained these amazing powers, and you almost died. Yet your still sitting here with me now." I felt my eyes well with tears as he continued. We sat up and I pulled his lips to mine. Our lips moved in sync and our hearts began to beat as one.
As he pulled away, Peter reached into his backpack. He pulled out a small periwinkle box.
"What is that?" I questioned. He opened it to reveal a small silver ring with a small diamond engraved at the top.
"It's a promise ring." He said smiling. "Thank you Peter." I cried as he slipped on my finger. "This is a symbol of our promise to each other. A promise that means we will be brave for each other. It's a promise that we will never lie to one another. And it's a promise that we will always be there for each other." Peter explained, his eyes filling with tears.
I examined the ring, noticing the word 'Hero' engraved into it. "What does this mean Peter?"
"It's you Y/n. You're a hero." He insisted. Tears felling down my cheeks as Peter embraced me into his arms. "Y/n, you always have, and always will be, my hero."