CHAPTER 7

LISA

The morning class just ended and I am packing my things when Jisoo suddenly came in. She's not my classmate but she acts as if she belongs to our class. No one is complaining though and that's because she already made friends with almost all of my classmates.

She's awesome, I am telling you. I can't even be friends with the person I want to be close to but Jisoo, she can do that in just a few minutes. I sometimes wish that I am like her even though she annoying most of the time.

"Lisayah, I have a new friend she's cute. I bet you'll like her too," Jisoo said while she was jumping around like the bunny that she is. I wonder who this turtle is talking about this time.

I just looked at her for a second and continued putting my things inside my backpack before I head to the cafeteria to grab some lunch.

"I met her the first time during our PE class a few days ago. She actually studied here since her first year but she said she never like socializing with other people before and she thought that nobody wants to be friends with her. Wanna meet her?" she said cheerfully. She's really a social butterfly, I'm not going to be surprised if one day, everyone in school is already her friend.

"Unnie, I'm not interested," I sigh in irritation. I'm really not in the mood to meet new friends right now. Besides, I'm kind of busy.

By the way, Jisoo is my best friend for as long as I can remember. Our moms are best friends as well. So we're always been together since we were kids. This girl talks a lot and I swear sometimes it gets annoying, fortunately, I was able to get used to it. I've been dealing with it for years so this is nothing.

"You're so lame. Come on let's just eat lunch together with her, okay?" she said and showed a billion-dollar worth smile and winked. She always thinks she's cute when she does that and she thinks that's why I just agree with her. No, I just oblige because I can't bear to see her doing aegyo it's cringy. Hello, she's a grown-up woman, not a five-year-old.

"Fine," I surrendered again this time. I don't want to hear her nagging.

"Yey! Come on, let's go. She's probably at the cafeteria already. Let's have lunch with her," She said and grabbed my wrist and drag me which caused my things to scatter on the floor.

I slapped my forehead and took a deep breath, I don't wanna get mad at her but she really is annoying not just sometimes but most of the time. At moments like this, I start to wonder how did she even become my best friend. Oh, of course, our parents. If she's not my friend I probably hit the back of her head already.

"Opsie! I'm sorry about that. Uh, let me just help you," she said before laughing awkwardly. Just like she said, she helped me gather my stuff, no I let her do it by herself.

I just shook my head as I watch her. This girl is hopeless.

"All done!" She exclaimed after zipping my backpack. She gave my bag to me and we finally headed to the cafeteria. To be honest, I am starving.

"I'm hungry, do we have to wait for your friend? What if she's already done eating?" I asked her because I really want to eat already. I'm not really interested in meeting her new friend. She already introduced multiple friends to me yet I have never become close to any of them except for one and let's not talk about it for now.

"Be patient, my dear best friend. I know that she's coming. Let's just find ourselves some seats first before they're all occupied."

"Okay."

So we chose a table and reserved a seat for her new friend which I don't even know the name of yet. Well, I didn't ask so...

"Oh, that's her! Jennie, over here!" She waved to get the girl's attention and she successfully did.

Huh? Jennie?

Jennie started to walk toward us. I'll lie if I say she's not pretty because she is. She's not tall, maybe just the same height as Jisoo unnie. Her hair is wavy just like an ocean. Man, she's too gorgeous and I think my jaw just fell. Please, pick it up for me.

Really? Has no one tried to make friends with her before? If that's the case, then it's either they're idiots or cowards like me.

I don't know why but her eyes widened when she noticed me. This might be too cliché brothers and sisters but when our eyes met, it was like everything stopped as I stared at her drowning cat eyes. It was drawing me deeper. Damn, I can't even take my own eyes off them.

She was the first to look away and if I'm not mistaken, I saw a red tint on her cheeks. Is she blushing? Why though? Ah, so damn cute. What an adorable little kitten.

"So Jennie this is my best friend, Lisa Manoban. Lisayah this is Jennie, the girl I was talking about earlier," Jisoo introduced us to each other. I didn't realize that I was just staring at her the whole time until Jisoo noticed that we weren't doing anything.

She grabbed my left hand and Jennie's too, then she put them together. I was surprised by what she did but I realized she wanted us to shake hands.

"There you go, you weren't doing it so I did that for you high," she giggled like a three-year-old kid.

Jennie's hand is so soft. I can hold this forever. Wait, what? What the heck am I talking about? Why do I suddenly sound like a freaking pervert?

"Uhm, L-Lisa my hand," Jennie said awkwardly.