CHAPTER 13

JENNIE

We were on the way home, the three of us. I forgot if I already said this but yes we belong to the same neighborhood. My house is in between Jisoo and Lisa's house. I mean not really because there are also houses between mine and Jisoo's place, I think there are three. Meanwhile, Lisa is literally just my neighbor. Her house is just next to mine. Just like me, she also lives alone. I don't know what her reasons though and I don't want to pry.

"When will be the next?" Jisoo asked, making us look at her.

"The next what?" Lisa just said it before I did. "Hangout? I mean when will be our next hangout?" Jisoo replied.

Why is she asking as if we're not only few steps away from each other's houses? Girl, we could even crash into our houses if we want to.

"Anytime, and know that you guys are always welcome in my house," I relied.

"You're welcome to my housel, too," Lisa said. Jisoo gave her a glare which made me confused but then she playfully said, "How dare you! We've been friends for so many years yet I'm still not welcome in your house but Jennie is?"

Lisa just rolled her eyes and said, "As if that stopped you. You literally just crash to my house whether you are invited or not. Even if I say that you are not welcome it doesn't matter because you already made yourself welcome."

"Oh well."

"Why are you always bickering?" I asked because a day wouldn't be complete if they won't fight with each other.

"That's because it's her love language," Jisoo said and chuckled while poking Lisa's side. The latter just sighed like she's so fed up with her friend that she just gave up.

"You're both cute though," I giggled. Every time I'm with them, I'll probably never get bored. "Why thank you," Jisoo said but Lisa, she didn't say anything. Instead, I think I saw her blush. Why though? Whatever the reason is, she looks adorable.

Just a few walks from us, we saw a food stall.  I'm suddenly craving for some fish cakes.

"Guys look! Let's grab some street foods," I told them while pointing at the stall. I am not expecting this rich kids to eat street foods but it would be nice if they also like it.

"Nice, I want to have some corndogs!" Jisoo exclaimed, then she began dragging us there. Lisa and I just laughed at her silliness. 

"Two fish cakes please," I ordered but the vendor said,"Just serve yourself, dear. Then we'll count later." So, I picked one stick of fish cake and dipped it into the sauce before taking a bite on it.

"Hmm, it's so good," I mumbled. I didn't realize that Lisa was looking at me the whole time. "Can I have a bite?" She asked. I looked at her quizzically for a few seconds before nodding. I let her have a bite and waited for her response.

"Right, it's good. I'll have some as well," she said and she grabbed two. One on each of her hand. She must have liked it, I'm glad that she did. I couldn't help but to smile at how cute she looks right now.

Meanwhile, Jisoo was minding her own business. We didn't even notice that she switched to a different stall. She's eating chicken skewers, Jisoo and her obsession with chicken. I just shrugged my shoulder and continued eating.

"Do you want to try their tteokkochi?" I asked and she nodded her head enthusiastically. I grabbed two sticks and handed her one but I realized that both her hands are occupied with fish cakes. So, I had to feed her and I did.

Her eyes widened then she said, "This is good too." I chuckled before mindlessly saying,"You're so adorable."

It was too late when I realized that I said it out loud. And now she's looking at me as if I said something odd. Then she looked away and I saw her bite her lower lip. Damn, it's so embarrassing. Why did I even say that? It's true though, she's just so cute especially when her mouth was stuffed with food.

"I—you're cute, too," she suddenly said which made me blush. Am I?

"Thank you," I said just continued eating. I also tried the tornado potato. It's actually just like potato chips but I like how it looks. The one who invented this recipe must be a genius, it's cute.

I was enjoying my tornado potato when I heard Lisa coughing. Goodness, she probably choked on her food. I immediately got to her and patted her back. "Do you sell water?" I asked the vendor while rubbing Lisa's back.

"Yes," The vendor replied. "We'll get two."

I quickly opened one of the mineral water and handed it to Lisa. I watched as she gulped on it as if she was deprived of it for a month. "Are you okay now?" I asked worriedly. "Yeah, thank you so much," she answered.

I chuckled and said, "You should take it easy. No one's going to take your food." She also laughed and said, "It's because I liked them."

"We should stop over here often then," I said and she agreed. A few moments later, Jisoo came back to us and grabbed herself two sticks of corn dog. We ate more until we got full and we decided to go home.

Jisoo bid her goodbyes and when we reached their area. She smiled and waved at us before she went inside their house. Now, it's only Lisa and me. 

"L-Lisa, thank you," I said shyly. 

"For what?" She asked.

"For what you did when we were watching that movie and for agreeing to go to the stalls, for everything in general. I really enjoyed it," I said and smiled, the sweetest smile I could give. 

I was surprised when she drew nearer. Her face is only a few inches away from mine. "W-wha—" Closer. 

"Of course I'd do anything just to make you happy, dummy," she said and pinched my nose. 

"Hey what was that for?" I whined while holding my nose. For a second, I thought she was going to kiss me and I am now embarrassed for thinking of something like that.

"Nothing, you're just cute when your eyes widen," She said and chuckled. Oh she's teasing me again. 

"Shut up, idiot," I ran to my house. Without looking back. I'm too embarrassed. How could she do this to me? 

"Hey Nini! Wait up! I was just kidding!" She said while running after me.

I shut the door as soon as I enter. I stayed there for a while. That idiot still makes my heart beat like this. Damn it! I held my chest trying to make myself feel at ease. But wait a minute, did she just say that she'd do anything to make me happy earlier? Why? Why would she want to make me happy? It's not like I'm relevant. I really can't understand her sometimes.

I heaved a sigh before running to my bedroom. I still have to clean myself before I sleep. Also, I won't be eating tonight because we ate a lot of street foods. Besides, I suddenly felt lazy to cook.

After bathing, I decided to call my mom. So, I went through my bag. To my surprise, I found a paper bag inside. It's not mine, I am freaking sure I didn't buy this. I wanted to know what it is so I opened it and I gasped when I realized that it was the dress that Lisa chose for me. Damn that girl, I told her not to buy it but she still did!