Chapter 3

"Oi Shuichi!" Kaito yelled, waving him over. Shuichi walked over and was immediately punched in the arm, it was a playful hit, not meant to hurt. "Y-yeah Kaito?"

"Do you want to hang out with me and Maki Roll today?" Shuichi nodded and smiled as Kaito draped an arm over his shoulder. "We planned to hang out at the mall with the group."

Shuichi smiled awkwardly, "I-I can join you, b-but I have something at o-one." Kaito nodded, "I can have you back by then." Shuichi smiled at him, "Thanks Kaito."

And so the trio gathered all of their friends and drove to mall.

/-/-/-/

"What do you plan to do Shuichi?" Kaede asked giggling, Shuichi found this behavior odd but brushed it off. "N-nothing in particular."

Kaede smiled, "Then do you want to join us at the movie theater? Himiko and I thought I'd be a good idea to gather everyone and watch Star Wars." Shuichi nodded, not only did he like Star Wars, but it would kill some time.

Kaede giggled and grabbed Shuichi's hand, pulling him along with her. The blunette turned a light red as he was pulled along.

After everybody had been rounded up, they walked across the street to the movie theater, Kaede pulling Shuichi the entire way.

Shuichi walked up to the cashier and paid for three large popcorns and fourteen tickets, he was practically broke afterwards. The blunette handed a popcorn to Kaede, Himiko, and Ryoma, and headed to the theater showing Star Wars: Solo.

After all of the customers were seated the movie started, Kaede threaded her fingers in Shuichi's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. 'Kokichi would be pissed if he saw this...' Shuichi thought, a pang of longing hit the detective. He wished Kokichi was here, not as a ghost, but as a person.

/-/-/-/

Kokichi looked at the clock, it was 1:30 and neither Shuichi nor Himiko had shown up. The poltergeist had been sitting cross legged on the table for at least an hour, one of the only good things about being a ghost was that you couldn't feel pain.

Kokichi stood up, if they were going to be there they already would be. The poltergeist, growled something under his breath and began to search the school for anything that could tell him where Shuichi was. Then he found Kirumi, she was doing the dishes.

Kokichi had an idea, if the group was going anywhere they'd definitely text Kirumi to see if she wanted to come. He walked up to her phone that was on the counter and turned it on, thankfully she didn't have a password. He got on to the group chat where he found what he was looking for, they were at the mall watch a viewing of Star Wars: Solo that started at 12:30. 'So that's what they ditched me for..'

Kokichi frowned, by the time he'd get there the group would already be heading back, it was time to try something new. The poltergeist had been to the movie theater next to the mall before and knew exactly how to get there. Kokichi closed his eyes and pictured the theater in his mind, he willed himself to be there, and sure enough his body dissipated.

The next time Kokichi opened his eyes, he was in the theater, and he felt very nauseous. He slowly gathered his strength and looked at the queues: Star Wars:Solo room 10. The purple haired ghost smiled and ran to room ten, where he was met with a heart breaking sight. As soon as the poltergeist walked in and spotted the group, he saw Shuichi and Kaede lip locked.

Kokichi choked, Kaede was running her hands through Shuichi's hair, smiling. Tears welled in his eyes, and he smiled, a crooked, heartbroken smile. He looked down at his hands, he was glowing. Two people looked back at him and whispered, no doubt wondering what he was doing. So as tears fell down his cheeks, he walked away and teleported himself back to the dorms.

/-/-/-/

Shuichi glanced back at Kaede who was now focused on the movie. The blunette was conflicted, obviously that was Kaede's way of confessing and if he turned her down he'd surely need a reason why. It wasn't just like he could explain to her that he was already with Kokichi who was dead, he'd seem crazy. At least he knew why she was acting weird all day.

So when the movie ended, instead of staying Shuichi excused himself and went outside to check the time. It was 2:15, he'd missed Kokichi's explanation, and knowing the liar he was upset. The detective was just about to hail a cab when Himiko ran up to him, "We missed Kokichi's rant!" She yelled, Shuichi nodded.

"Would you like to accompany me back to the dorms?" Himiko nodded, and the pair hailed a cab.

Himiko looked at Shuichi worriedly, "How is Kokichi going to react to this?" She asked, the detective frowned. "He is not going to be happy that's for sure, but I'm pretty sure he'll be more disappointed then mad."

Himiko nodded and fiddled with her hands, "I think we'll have to apologize to him." Shuichi bit his lower lip, "Definitely."

As soon as the taxi dropped them off at dorms, the pair began searching for Kokichi. The only problem was that they looked everywhere and couldn't find him. They were sure that if Kokichi wanted to be found he would've come out by now, so they stopped, especially when they heard Kaito's car pull up in the lot.

"Himiko did that degenerate male hurt you?" Tenko asked checking her over, "I'm fine Tenko, just a little tired." She replied with a yawn, it was understandable considering how long they'd been looking for the liar.

The group talked for a bit before heading to sleep, and by then Shuichi was more worried about Kokichi than ever. The detective eventually was able to rest his troubled mind and go to sleep, a dreamless sleep. Kokichi had not visited his dreams, and Shuichi now knew there was something else going on.

**(1032 Words)**