Chapter 11

Unfortunately for Kokichi, Kaito did end up winning that battle for his phone. Which meant no bribery from Tsumugi.

"Kaito you're so mean!" Ouma whined, pouting. "Sorry but I can't let ya show this to everyone it'll ruin the secret!" He replied, ruffling Kokichi's hair. The poltergeist mumbled something under his breath before snatching his phone back.

The group then settled down to watch a romance movie, all the girls(including Kaito) were crying because they died in the end, soon after they went to bed.

Plopping down in his sleeping bag, Ouma stretched and looked over at Tsumugi, who was sobbing loudly, "It was just a movie! Who cares if they die~" He said, grinning at her, she gave him a glare, "I don't care if it was "just a movie" why did a meteor have to crush them!?!? Their love was perfect!!"

Sighing, Kokichi looked over at Kaito who was being comforted by Shuichi, "Geez why are you all such babies, it's not like they actually died!" Tsumugi suddenly stopped crying and gave Ouma a malicious smile, "Stop criticizing us because *we* actually have a heart!"

Kaito laughed, "Oooh~ Burn~" to which Ouma stuck out his tongue and flipped him off. "For your information I do have a heart, would you like to see?~" Ouma said tugging at his shirt. Tsumugi shook her head, "You'd maim us for life if you do what I think your going to do..."

Kokichi laughed and snuggled up in his sleeping bag, "Welp! I'm tired, anyone else?" Kaede nodded and laid down as well, everyone else doing the same. Soon enough almost the entire group was in there sleeping bags and drifting off. Once all Ouma heard was silent breathing, and a few snores, he slid out of the sleeping bag and looked outside.

The dim sidewalk was lit by a few street lamps, certainly putting a creepy perspective on things, but it had stopped raining. Kokichi stepped outside to view the damp street.

There were several shops and small cafes around that area as well as a wave pool. Ouma on this particular night, wanted to sit by the warm water of the wave pool. Even though it was night there was still small waves and lights on.

Kokichi sat down near the water and took his shoes off, it didn't really matter to him what got wet but he still didn't want to soak his clothing. He dipped his bare feet into the water and sighed, there wasn't anyone around him so he could relax.

The water was a beautiful aquamarine color that illuminated the area around him,  drenching everything in a soft turquoise light. It was very relaxing.

As the waves lapped at his feet, Kokichi could feel himself dozing off. Only when he heard the sound of footsteps was he jolted out of the bliss.

"Hey Ouma what are you doing out here?" A familiar voice asked politely. Kokichi opened his eyes to see Tsumugi's long blue hair as she leaned over him. "Relaxing, and you just ruined it." He said in a monotone voice, concealing his annoyance.

Tsumugi apologized and sat down next to Kokichi, "So...." She started, earning an exasperated look from Ouma, "Why come here now?"

The poltergeist shrugged, "I dunno, just felt like it."

"C'mon, you've got to came here for more than just 'feeling like it'"

"Why do you wanna know anyways? Gonna use some of my 'juicy' secrets against me?"

"No! I just, you seemed out of it after that movie."

"It's nothing."

Tsumugi sighed, "Okay then, I won't pry." She closed her eyes and laid her head back, "This is a very serene place at night." Kokichi hummed in response and sighed.

Before they'd knew it, both Shirogane and Ouma has dozed off on the wet concrete.

/-/-/-/

Tsumugi was the first to wake up, she looked at her watch; 4:36am. Frowning, Shirogane shook Kokichi awake and together they walked back to the vacation house.

On the way few words were spoken, the pair both seemed like they had something on their minds. Only when they arrived did Ouma say anything.

Carefully grabbing the door handle, Kokichi put a finger to his lips. "We should enter quietly, I don't want to wake the others up."

Tsumugi nodded and followed him silently inside. Nothing went wrong until a loose floorboard let out a loud creak, waking up Kirumi.

"Shirogane-San, Ouma-Kun what are you two doing awake at this time?"

Ouma smiled, hiding how anxious he was, "We just went out for a morning walk, that's all."

Kirumi nodded and drowsily slid out of her sleeping bag. "Now that I'm awake I might as well start cleaning up this catastrophe," she said, gesturing to the discarded bags of popcorn and soda cans.

The two nodded and went back into their separate sleeping bags, though they'd gotten some sleep they were still pretty tired.

/-/-/-/

By the time Ouma woke up again it was 8:34am, and everyone was eating breakfast.

Kokichi walked over to the table groggily as Kirumi handed him a plate. "Mornin'" Kaito greeted, his mouth full.

Ouma rubbed his eyes and sat down, "Geez Momo-Chan your too idiotic to even swallow your food before speaking?" Grumbling, Kaito swatted Kokichi on the back of the head and swallowed, "Can you can it with the insults? It's really annoying."

Kokichi grinned, "Sorry Kaito, you're just gonna have to deal with it~"

From beside Momota Shuichi giggled, "You two are hilarious." Ouma pouted at him, "We're not mean to be a comedy show y'know."

"I know," Shuichi responded fondly, "It's just wonderful to see you two being playful instead of mean."

Ouma thought for a moment, he couldn't disagree with Saihara's state. "I suppose you're right Saihara-Chan, it is nice to be....nice for once." 

                           (975 Words)