Chapter 8

By the end of the second day, three people had thrown up, and they'd gotten through one quarter of the park. Kaito had spent most of his time with Kokichi, which unknowingly made Shuichi a bit jealous. What was different was that the blunette didn't know who he was jealous of, Kaito or Kokichi?

Unfortunately, Saihara was dragged around by Kaede all day, so he wasn't able to confront the two until they were heading back to the hotel.

Kokichi was on Kaito's back, his chin on the astronaut's head. Anyone could tell that the poltergeist was drained. So while Kaede was occupied with Maki and Miu the detective slipped away.

When Shuichi made it over to them Kokichi put his head in the crook of Kaito's neck. The blunette smiled at Kaito and looked at Kokichi. The poltergeist was asleep.

"I'm surprised you were able to spend all day with him and not get into an argument." The blunette teased, some truth to his words. Kaito smiled at him, "There was something different this time, he wasn't lying as much today."

Shuichi gave him a questioning look, "How do you know?"

"I can just feel it y'know, he was trying not to lie. I know he did lie sometimes, but not as much as usual."

Shuichi smiled, then his happiness faltered. He didn't love Kaede or have any romantic feelings towards her, and the way Kokichi acted when he was told of there situation said it all. He could see the hurt in his eyes as he said he supported it, what was weird was after that he spent the entire day with his enemy. The blunette had already figured out why Kokichi spent the day with Kaito.

"Shuichi can I ask you something personal?" Kaito asked quietly, as if he didn't want anyone to hear.

The said male nodded and Kaito continued, "Do you like Kaede? In the way she likes you?"

"No..."

"Then why are you dating her?"

"B-because I don't have a reason to reject her..."

Kaito glared at him, "You don't need a reason to reject someone! If you don't return their feelings then it doesn't matter! You're only hurting her more by letting her believe you love her."

Shuichi sighed, "I-I know but how do I tell her now?" Kaito thought for a moment before coming up with a plan.

"You could tell her that you don't return her feelings, and then play matchmaker!"

Shuichi raised an eyebrow, "You really think that'll work?" Kaito nodded, "F-fine we'll try it but if it doesn't work we have to deal with the guilt of hurting her."

Then Kaito yelled 'Yes!' as loud as he could and almost woke Kokichi up, stopping as the purplnette snuggled closer to him.Kaito said 'yes' again but quieter, making Shuichi chuckle.

And the pair spent the rest of the walk back to the hotel talking.

/-/-/-/

The next day after the group at breakfast they went out to roller coasters before it rained. There were thick clouds overhead that reeked of dampness, and everyone wanted to get as much as possible done before the downpour.

Kokichi hung out at the back of the group, watching as Kaito and Shuichi chatted about a book or something of the sort. The purplenette was planning on including himself in on the conversation when a familiar pang hit him. The pain slowly began to spread along his stomach, it was impossible to ignore. Hunger.

The poltergeist was planning to wait it out, hoping for it to go away, but he found out quickly that wasn't feasible. Around a minute after it started he could barely stand, the boy knew he had to find some food quickly. So he ran to the nearest vendor, that fortunately happened to be not too far away, and ordered.

It took way to long for the food to be made, even thought it only took around ten minutes. So when his name was called Kokichi practically flew over there.

The poltergeist had ordered five tacos and a panta. Almost as soon as he got them his food was gone, and he was uncomfortably full. He also was more tired than he'd ever been in his life, or dead one. So he buried his head into his arms and fell into a dreamless sleep.

Meanwhile Kaito, Shuichi and the rest of the group were getting on as many rides as they could before the downpour. The astronaut and the detective were too preoccupied with their breakup plan that they didn't notice the ghost boy was gone.

They had just gotten off of another roller coaster when the sky thundered and rain broke loose. It started out as a light sprinkle, but soon became a full on downpour. As the rides began to shut down, the group was eventually forced to give up and head back to their hotel, still not realizing Kokichi was nowhere to be found.

So instead they ended up playing a game of truth or dare.

"Shuichi truth or dare!" Kaede asked giggling, the detective blushed. "Truth," disappointed, Kaede asked him how much he loved her. He lied and said to the moon and back, much to Kaito's dismay.

Shuichi then dared Maki to say one nice thing about everyone there, which for her was near impossible. Maki then had Tsumugi tell them the truth about her shipping philosophy, she often lies about that, and learned some horrific things.

The blunette the dated Kaito to kiss his crush, whom supposedly only Kokichi knew. Instead of the expected person, the luminary walked up to Shuichi and lightly pecked his cheek. Then he sat back down and avoided everyone's gaze.

Unexpectedly thunder crashed, and the door swung open revealing a drenched Kokichi, who wasn't very happy. "I didn't realize I was that forgettable~"

Kaito and Shuichi gave each other a glance that said: 'How did we forget him?!' Miu glared at him, "You fucking virgin, how dare ya scare us like that!"

"Shut it bitchlet!"

Miu squealed and shut her mouth, as Kokichi grabbed a complementary towel and wrapped it around his shoulders. "So what did I miss?"

Tsumugi giggled and turned to Kaito, winking at him, "Kaito just confessed to Shuichi that's all~" The poltergeist looked at the astronaut with a teasing gaze, "Oh~ So the idiot finally makes a move! I wish I was there to see it~"

Kaito glared at him then looked at Shuichi who was engaged in a stared contest with Kaede, she did not look happy. To ease the tension, the luminary turned to Ouma and whispered into his ear. "I dare you to break up Kaede and Shuichi, without getting killed."

Kokichi raised an eyebrow, but gave him a cheeky smile, "Challenge accepted Momo-Chan!" The said male ignored his jab and smiled, this was all part of his plan.

**(1149 Words)**