Chapter 5

Kokichi curled himself into a ball, he really didn't want to see Shuichi right now. "Go away!" He yelled as tears welled up in his eyes. "Kokichi please..." Shuichi replied, his speech muffled by the door.

As much as Kokichi wanted to he couldn't keep the detective out forever, so he snapped his fingers, expecting to hear a lock click. The sound never came, he snapped again; nothing. The poltergeist groaned, he'd have to get up and confront the blunette at the door, he was not ready for this.

Regardless of what he thought, Kokichi got up, unlocked the door, and ran back into bed, where he pulled his knees to his chest and hugged them. Shuichi opened the door a crack before coming in, "K-Kokichi I---" The ghost interrupted him, "Don't even try, are relationship would've never worked out. I'm a ghost, your alive; there's too much difference."

Shuichi sat crisscross facing Kokichi, who was looking at his toes. "I don't care if it works out or not! The detective yelled, "I just want to be with you!" Kokichi didn't respond.

The blunette sighed and grabbed Kokichi's chin, gently forcing him to meet his gaze. The poltergeist fought the tears welling in his eyes as Shuichi softly pressed their lips together. Kokichi resisted the urge to kiss back, but eventually lost.

The kiss became heated as Shuichi pressed the ghost against the bed. Kokichi opened his mouth slightly, allowing the blunette to swirl their tongues together. Kokichi could've gone on like that forever, literally, but Shuichi had to pull away for air. "Do you believe me now?" He asked, panting.

Kokichi blushed a crimson red, it looked like blood against his far-too-pale skin. The poltergeist sat up and smiled, "I do. Alright Mister Detective~ what do we do now?"

Shuichi thought for a moment, "I'm curious about the things ghosts can do..." Kokichi smiled, "Sure! I can tell you what I've learned so far!"

Kokichi sighed and cleared his throat, "So far I've learned that:
1. Poltergeists don't have a heartbeat.
2. We can't feel pain
3. I can teleport, don't ask me how.
4. You already know this but our touch is like ice.
5. We can't bleed.
6. We don't have to breathe!" Shuichi frowned, "You really don't have a heartbeat?"

Kokichi shook his head, "Nope, I---" The poltergeist was interrupted by Shuichi putting his head on his chest. Kokichi's face softened, he could tell that Shuichi was desperately searching for a sign, one that he'd never receive.

The ghost gently pushed Shuichi away from him, "Im sorry..." he choked, "I will never be alive again..." Shuichi averted his gaze, even more so as his stomach let out an growl. Kokichi giggled, "Go get something to eat, I can't have you dying on me~" The blunette opened his mouth to respond but was stopped, "I'll be fine on my own, go meet the others for breakfast." Shuichi gave him a small smile before leaving the room.

"Goodness, I swear if anyone does anymore seances I am going to murder them!" Kokichi growled before laying back and closing his eyes.

/-/-/-/

Kaede was chewing on her fingernails as she watched her friend eat, she had no idea of anything Kokichi could do and she was worried beyond measure. Of course that was until Shuichi walked in, he seemed fine but she couldn't tell. "Shuichi you're back!" Kaito yelled, "Did you talk to the gremlin?"

"He didn't do anything to you did he!?" Kaede added running up to meet him, "N-no! Kaede I'm fine." Regardless Kaede still checked him over.

"Did he make peace, is he returning to his other worldly safe haven?" Korekiyo asked, Shuichi scratched the back of him neck. "Well about that..." The others stared at him, "He doesn't have one... he woke up in this world..." Korekiyo muttered something under his breath, whilst Kaito freaked out.

"D-d-does that me-mean I have to l-live in a place with a g-g-ghost!?" Himiko looked at him questioningly, "You were okay with the seance but your now freaking out about the fact that there is a ghost in the school? What is your problem!?"

"Yeah~ What's your problem Kaito?" A familiar voice teased, Kokichi was sticking his head out from behind the door with a grin on his face. "Is Kaito too scared of me~?" The said boy screamed and fainted, "I guess so..."

Kokichi fully entered the room and greeted everyone, none of which were very happy to see him. "Speak of the devil..." Maki grumbled, making the poltergeist frown.

"WHAAAAAA! Maki you're so mean!!" He fake cried, making Shuichi face-palm. "Kokichi please, I really don't want you to die a second time."

Kokichi chuckled, hiding his inside thoughts he spoke. "Silly detective I'm already dead! I can't die a second time~!" The blunette smiled annoyed, and sat down at the table. And for the rest of the day the group had to deal with his antics and teasing.

                          **(843 Words)**