Chapter 12

It was Keade that first suggested for everyone to spend the day at the beach. Most thought it wasn't a bad idea, though Ouma was making a scene. "Saihara-Chan, I can't go to the beach! I'm a ghost, I'll get sucked into one of the filters or something!"

Saihara frowned, and with a sigh, responded. "Ouma that's irrational. When you take showers in the morning you don't get sucked down the shower drain. Why would you assume that they pool would be any different?" Ouma shrugged, "You don't know that it wouldn't happen."

Saihara sighed yet again, "Fine, don't go then." Ouma watched in slight amusement as the detective walked off. These kind of things happened quite often, the Panta fanatic knew that no matter what was said, Shuichi still loved him. Momota was cooking breakfast that morning, and a wonderful aroma filled the air. Kaede made that present as she walked up to the astronaut and complimented him. It wasn't long before the meal was finished and they all were gathered at the table.

"Okay guys," Kaede started, "As you all know, we're going to spend the day at the waterpark. So, that being said, after breakfast put on your swimsuits and we'll get going. The group agreed and contiued to ramble on about a collection of different topics. The only thing that really stayed consistent, was Maki and Ouma's argument about the best type of weapon. You'd think that Maki'd know the answer to such a question hands-down, but even she had to think about it for a moment.

"The best thing to kill with would be a crossbow, it's both deadly and convenient."

Ouma scoffed at her, "No way! How in the world would a crossbow be convenient? Who carries around that type of weapon all the time?"

"I do"

Momota, who was sitting next to Maki, laughed awkwardly, "Lets just drop the conversation... okay?"

They two reluctantly complied, not without Ouma whispering "knives are better" in Maki's ear. Though a glare from Momota was all it took for him to shut up again. Breakfast was finished quickly enough, and the group dispersed to change. Kaede was the first one downstairs, as well as the first one finished. She seemed to be the most excited for the trip.

"Alright! Is everybody downstairs?" Kaede asked enthusiastically, earning a nod from Saihara in return. "Okay then! Let's get going!" She herded everyone out the door and practically pushed Iruma into a pole. Thankfully, nobody was fatally injured... probably. The group walked to the wave pool, the same one that Ouma had been to not too long ago, and set to finding spots for each of them. Kirumi volunteered to find everyone seats, along with the help of Himiko, who just wanted to take a nap. The rest of them ran into the, surprisingly empty, pool.

Momota grabbed Shuichi by the waist and lifted him bridal style out of the water. Leaving Tsumugi a fangirling mess, as it was her favorite "ship". Ouma sat in the water and went around splashing people. He made the horrid mistake of provoking Maki and was thrown into the deep end. He decided that this might be the perfect time to test his ghost powers. Especially since they've been depleting rapidly.

So he let himself float gently to the bottom of the deep end, and looked around him. The chlorine didn't burn his eyes like they normally would, and he was able to see everybody from afar. It was like looking at a whole other world, he wondered if this is what fish see. 'Probably,' Ouma thought to himself, 'I wonder how long I can stay like this...'

It was quite a bit of time before the unnatural need for air came to him. When it appeared, it hit him like a truck and suddenly he was scrambling to reach the surface. Black spots appeared at the edge of the vision, and the waves weren't making it any easier for him. His chest ached and it was a huge relief when he arrived at the surface. That relief disappeared as he realized how far he was from shore. Ouma barely stayed afloat and tried to call for help, unfortunately for him, nobody heard.

Now you might be wondering where the lifeguards come into play with this. Well there was a sign placed out front saying that for certain time periods there'd be no guard on duty. This was one of those times.

So with great efforts, Ouma hauled himself back to shore and he was soon safe and sound. It seemed as if his encounters had gone unnoticed, probably because everyone was swarming around the group of people that had started a chicken fight. It took longer that normal to catch his breath, but Ouma was still alive and kicking. He just decided to avoid the water for a bit.

The chicken fight did catch a great deal of his attention, and Ouma was soon watching from afar. Shuichi was perched on Momota's shoulders and they were having a face off against Maki and Kaede(Kaede was on top of Maki's shoulders). Shuichi had endured Kaito's night training for a while, so he was faring better than Kaede. Nonetheless, Kaede was still holding her own. The victor was Shuichi, though by a short margin. Ouma was able to pick up the fact that Momota had nudged Maki with his foot as Kaede was pushed roughly by Shuichi(How ungentlemanly!). There were no hard feelings though, and Maki even went for another round.

/-/-/-/-/

It didn't take long for the group to wear out and taking a break to grab some snacks. Thankfully Kirumi had packed some, what a lifesaver! Over food Kokichi took a seat next to Saihara and told him about his underwater experiences. The detective, of course, apologized for his absence and tried to do something to make up for it.

"It's okay Saihara-Chan! There's nothing for you to apologize about! I'm safe and sound with nothing to worry about, besides my powers." Ouma said with a shrug, to which Shuichi sighed. "Okay but tell me if anything like that happens again, promise?"

"Promise"

They locked pinky's and Kokichi gave Shuichi a kiss on the cheek, "I love you."

"Love you too"

(1045 Words)

Hello my faithful readers! I'm finally updating! I'm still sorta out of the fandom but I felt like for all the support I'm getting you guys deserve this! Thank you, and stay tuned!