Chapter 20: In Between Dimensions

"I hate watching my own demise." Phil mentioned.

We were back up on the Zephyr with Piecor, Robbie's brother, Gabe, and the rest of the team. They were currently watching footage of what happened once the machine was activated. I watched as Phil, Robbie, Leo, and I completely disappeared from the footage.

"Couldn't agree with you more." I commented.

Jeffrey sighed before turning to the others. He looked devasted as he looked at the others. "This is a tragedy. We have to prepare for the likelihood..."

Daisy cut him off at once. "Whatever you're gonna say, don't. I see the way you're all looking at that screen. We don't know what happened."

"I don't think we're dead. I feel sick. My stomach hurts." Robbie commented as he groaned. "And the lights are darker, right?"

Leo nodded. "The lights...yeah, their voices are hard to hear. They can't penetrate wherever we are."

"What do you mean 'where we are?' Do you understand what this is?" Phil inquired.

"I think I understand why Lucy and her friends looked like ghosts now. They were out of phase with our reality." Leo clarified. "It's like the..."

"The invisible quantum mechanics inside the boxes, moving in and out of our dimension." I answered, finishing Leo's explanation. "Lucy and her friends were stuck in between, and now we are, too."

"Trapped between dimensions?" Phil repeated in shock.

Leo nodded. "Yeah, that shock wave...That wasn't turbulence. That was... that was...friction between two dimensions."

Robbie looked pretty lost at our words. "Dude. What?"

"Okay, imagine the world is a... Is a raft floating on water, and Eli punches a hole right at our feet. We're getting sucked down into... who knows what?" Leo reiterated.

I then caught on to Daisy's words as she continued to argue. "No, it's S.H.I.E.L.D. Impossible things happen all the time. That...That machine ghosted that Lucy woman."

"So what...Coulson, Fitz, and Storm come back in five years, bloody and insane?" Mack questioned.

Daisy shook her head, clearly frustrated and confused. "I don't know. That's my point. They could be stuck in one of those boxes or..."

"Or maybe they're gone." May intervened, cutting Daisy off.

I shook my head. No...they can't think we're dead. They have to know we're still alive, but stuck in between dimensions.

"M... May. I know it's crazy, but Coulson came back from the dead, Fitz pulled Simmons through space through a rock, Storm and her friends come from a galaxy we thought was only a movie series, and Robbie's head lights on fire." Daisy protested.

"They're not dead..." Piecor chimed in. "I can feel them through the Force, but they're far...very far away."

"Thank you, Piecor!" I exclaimed. "Please convince them we're still here..."

"Piecor...he's your son, isn't he?" Leo asked, already knowing the answer as he heard Piecor earlier in the plant.

"Yes, he's my son." I replied.

"But you were only gone for four years." Leo reminded me. "And he's a teenager...you had a teenager in just four years?!"

"Four teens actually, and a ten year old daughter. I know this sounds ridiculous, but the gem I use gives me the ability to travel back in time on Earth, so that way I don't return to Earth fourteen years later." I explained.