7

(y/n) sits at the back of the library on the blue carpeted floor with her anatomy notebooks spread across the floor

she tries to do some last minute cramming for the pulmonary test which she hasn't prepared for because of yesterday's activities.

she plays with the pen in her hand, having already gone through majority of her notes but every now and again she deters from her studying thinking about what might have happened last night.

out of frustration she lightly stomps her feet and muffles a scream by biting her lip, "so embarrassing." she mumbles, stretching over to her phone that's charging on a nearby plugpoint.

she looks at the time and her eyes widen, "less than an hour left!"

she drops her phone and quickly picks up her notes hoping to finish up the last of her studying. she skims through her notes, jotting down a few things but she senses a sudden presence before her.

"(y/n) ah~," a deep voice makes her look up and she sees taehyung standing before her with a small smile.

(y/n) looks away, too embarrassed to look him in the eyes, "what do you want? i have a test in less than an hour."

taehyung frowns, "i'm just glad to see that you're fine and i'm sorry for disturbing you also." he says turning to leave.

her head shoots up instantly and she nervously stares at his back while her mouth hangs agape in uncertainty.

"wait!" she finally chokes.

he slowly turns to face her. he looks at her intently seeing the nervous look on her soft features, "is something wrong?" he asks tucking his hands into his pockets.

"uhm..." she smiles awkwardly at him, "can you tell me... what transpired last night?"

"but you said you have a test in an hour," taehyung informs, tilting his head cutely. "we can talk afterwards."

"please," she implores. "i'm almost done studying." she clears up some space beside her so he can sit down. "if you want i can pack up and we can sit at a table."

he gives her a small smile, as a light bulb goes off in his head. "you don't have to pack up but i do have a condition."

"condition?" she repeats.

he nods his head, "i'll reveal a piece about last night for every answer you get correct." he says pointing to her notebooks on the floor.

she stares at him then at her notebooks, "you want to help me study?"

he only smiles his boxy smile, "so is it a deal?"

"mhm." she nods her head giving him a smile in return.

he sits down just centimetres away from her. he picks up her notebook which has a bunch of questions and a few diagrams in them. he scans it, his face distorting in fascination.

"this looks like the lungs..." he mumbles looking at her for approval and she nods her head with a little laugh. "you're ready?"

"neh, and i stopped here." she quickly points to the last question she's answered and he acknowledges it.

"mmh okay, what is the name of the area where the trachea splits?" he asks, biting his lip as he reads the answer in his mind.

"carina." she blurts, then she looks at him waiting for him to tell her something about last night because she knows her answer is correct.

"your answers right." he smiles, giving a little clap. "you already know that yoongi beat soo-ho up but afterwards i carried you to my dorm and you called me fishy all night."

she raises an eyebrow, "fishy..." she says then laughs.

"why is that so funny?" he pouts.

"just how high was i?" she hides her face with her hands. "because you look nothing like a fish." she blushes lightly thinking of how attractive he is.

"you were high enough to want to turn into a fish and marry me." he chuckles softly and (y/n) cheeks turns beat red, thinking that she should just end herself now.

"next question," taehyung changes the topic after sensing her embarrassment and she listens. "what's the range for the number of breaths for an adult?"

"i always get confused with this one," she says pursing her lips in thought, "uhm... twelve to twenty breaths per minute." she looks at him for approval.

he nods, "you thought yoongi was bubblegum flavoured ice-cream." he holds back a laugh and (y/n)'s eyes widen and her lips part.

"omo!" her voice evident of disbelief.

"you also tried licking him." he bursts out in laughter making (y/n) even more surprised.

"just kill me now and don't laugh!" she shakes taehyung's arm. "please tell yoongi oppa i'm sorry."

taehyung purses his lips trying to control his laughter but his cheeks puff out cutely, "i will." he manages to say. "why is our left lung narrower than our right one?" he asks looking confused. "our lung's aren't the same size?" he breathes in surprise, running a hand through his brown hair.

"deh and atleast you're learning with me." she pats his shoulder. "it's narrower because of the cardiac notch." she answers, sweetly.

"cardiac notch?" he mouths, perplexed.

"it's an indentation on the left lung allowing space for the heart because about three quaters of the it sits more towards the left of our chest." she explains clearly and taehyung looks impressed.

"woh, you're really smart (y/n)." he lightly bumps her shoulder, sending a tingling sensation throughout her body. "i know who i'm going to when i get sick," he chuckles.

"stob it," she says shyly. "and can i ask a question now?"

"sure," he says as he mind reads the next question.

"why are my thighs and calves aching so much?" she asks, her eyebrows furrowing.

taehyung's head shoots up, startling her, "do you really want to know that?"

she nods her head, feeling anxious about the answer.

a/n: aish, i didn't expect the last chapter to exceed 1000+ words so there will be a part 2 for this chapter!

please look forward to it!

~author-nim💜