14

Vic's POV

It's our 2nd night here in the safe house. Everything has been quiet and smooth sailing though we have not heard any news from Manila.

I'm currently in the hallway upstairs as it is my shift to be here and if I remember correctly it's Kim who's with the Reyes' right now. I periodically check each rooms which I'm about to do now. I decided to start at the room right by the stairwell. I opened the door turning the light on checking the room and every closet and making sure the windows are locked after doing so I moved to the next room and while I was making sure the window is locked I hear the door open and close quickly making me turn around and I see Mika.

Vic : " oh it's just you "

I say in relief

Mika : " sorry I didn't mean to startle you "

She apologized

Vic : " it's okay, Mika. Do you need anything? "

Mika : " no actually I just wanted to get some rest early "

Vic : " okay then let me get out of your hair so you can rest "

I approached the door so I can leave her alone to rest but she got in my way blocking me.

Mika : " it's okay, Vic do what you gotta do "

She held onto my arms to stop me from reaching the door.

Being this close to her makes me feel things that I shouldn't especially towards a client.

I mean- she's just so easy to adore. Beautiful- on the inside and outside, she would do anything for the people she loves and is willing to endanger herself for our country, she's kind and humble despite of being one of the most powerful person in the country oh did I mention how gorgeous she is? Her pale soft skin that I always wanna touch, her captivating eyes that gives me a hard time to look away and her cute chubby cheeks.

" are you okay? "

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard her angelic voice asking me if I was okay and only then I realized that her right hand is resting on my cheek as she softly caresses my cheek.

Mika : " Vic, are you okay? "

She repeats her question.

I blink I few times

Vic : " yeah, uhm- yes I'm okay "

Mika : " are you sure? "

She moves even closer to me still her hand stays on my face. Her face only a few inches from mine I see worry evident in her eyes.

Vic : " Mika, I'm okay "

I assure her. She instantly smiled once I say her name. That's something I've noticed she smiles when I say her name of course without 'ma'am'

Mika : " you look tired, you should get some rest "

Vic : " do I look that bad? "

I joke with a fake hurt expression which made her panick

Mika : " oh gosh no that's not what I meant it's just- that I think- maybe you need some rest you've been working all day and night I know you're tired but you don't look bad you still look good I promise "

She rambled not even realizing what she just said making me chuckle

Vic : " Mika, I'm joking "

She stared at me before smiling

Vic : " by the way thank you, you look good too "

I say making her eyes widen in shock and embarrassment also while blushing? Did she just blushed? That's so cute.

Mika's POV

I feel my cheeks heat up as I blush, I didn't realize what I said and now I feel embarrassed I just told her she looks good but it's true even though her and her team is somewhat deprived of any rest they don't look bad at all especially Vic she's still simply attractive.

She smiles at me

I pull my hand away from her face but before I could even do it she caught my hand.

I didn't expect her hands to be this soft.

She let me put my hand down but she did not let go of it.

Why does this feels so good and right?

Vic : " you really shouldn't worry about me or any of us "

Mika : " you can't blame me for worrying, I care about you- and your team "

Vic : " I know you do and for that we're grateful but I assure we're okay this is our job. Making sure you're safe is my number one priority nothing and I mean nothing comes before that. "

She squeezes my hand assuring me.

Vic : " you got nothing to worry about "

She looks me in the eyes while saying that and at that moment I believe her that I have nothing to worry about, I feel safe with her.

But the comfortable silence was broken with an almost inaudible mumble, it's coming from her earpiece she lets go of my hand and brought her hand close to her mouth before speaking to her mic.

Vic : " got it "

She replied. I couldn't understand what she heard.

She moves away from me.

Vic : " Excuse me, my shift here is done. Get a goodnight rest, Mika "

I suddenly feel sad. I just want to be around her all the time

Mika : " Thank you, you too Vic please get some rest "

She nodded towards me giving me a small smile before she opened the door and left.

Why is it always when we a small moment like this someone or something interrupts us.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I hope everyone had a fun and safe celebration of Christmas!

This may be my last update for the year, maybe hehe.

So advance Happy New Year everyone!

I hope you liked this update and tell me what you think so far of the story.

Sorry for the typos and grammatical errors

Don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thank you so much for reading! 💚