18

Few days later...

Vic's POV

Mika is currently laying down on my chest as I softly rub her scalp while she draw random shapes on my chest.

Us cuddling has been a daily routine now, every time it's my shift upstairs we take some time together and it's something I always look forward to.

She suddenly lifts herself of my chest and turned to face me. Her hand rested on my left cheek as she slowly leans towards me. Since our first real kiss in the beach we could not get enough of each other.

Our lips was about touch when a loud noise disrupted making me stand up quickly almost making Mika fall.

It sounds like the noise is coming from inside the house. After a few seconds there was another noise sounds like something fell.

" Vic, what is that noise? "

Kim's voice from my earpiece questioned.

Vic : " Checking it out right now, stay where you are team "

My team all acknowledged my order

I, now face Mika who is sitting at the edge of her bed while holding onto my hand.

Vic : " stay here "

Another noise came from what seems to be the room just right in front of Mika's room.

Mika : " Vic, wait- no "

Now the noise sounds like someone is shuffling through the things in the room.

I have no time to argue with her.

Vic : " stay here and keep your door locked "

I pulled my hand from her grip and walked towards her door opening it and locking it afterwards.

Vic : " Carol, did you see anyone even close to the perimeter? "

I ask Carol who is in the surveillance room

Carol : " negative "

Vic : " If I do not respond in the next two minutes, Kim I want you to go to Mika's room and get her "

Kim : " copy "

After hearing their response through the earpiece I cautiously entered the room where the noise is continuously coming from.

As I enter the room with my gun drawn. The room was dark the only light is from the moon shining through the window as I step in I see the room is messy a bunch of things was now on the floor but I see no one in the room I look around more all of the sudden something flew over my head and it hit vase making it fall to the floor and shatter.

It's a fucking bat. Just a bat.

I let out a sigh of relief and put my gun back on my holster. I turned the light on now, the bat is at the corner of the room I walked towards the window and noticed that it's a bit open that probably how the bat got it. I opened the window even more to try and get the bat fly out that way.

Vic : " stand down team it's just a bat "

I quickly informed my team through my mic.

After a few minutes of waiting and shooing the bat it finally flew out the window.

I closed the window and locked it as soon as I did I exited the room and went to knock on Mika's door

I softly knock not wanting to startle her.