Escargot: Asleep. 💤

"Escargot? Are you there? It's morning!" The Master Attendant knocked on his bedroom door. A groan can be heard on the other side, following another yawn.

"Yes, Master Attendant...?" Escargot called back in response, stretching his arms in the meantime.

"Are you up? Get ready, the restaurant's about to open!"

"Mmmm...." Escargot blinked sleepily, yawned again and collapsed back down onto his bed.

The Master Attendant huffed in frustration, tapping her foot against the wooden board floor impatiently. This had happened every morning, and it would take an hour for the Food Soul to get up. Today, she had decided to spare him the extra nagging and wake him up an hour later, but...

"You know what, I'm coming in—" The Master Attendant's words were cut off as she observed the half-asleep figure snoozing away as dead as a rock on his bed, sighing hopelessly.

"Escargot... tell you what. If you get up at this moment, I'll cook you an entire pot of mushroom soup, and you can sleep the entire day away tomorrow. I'll also gift you N.A. extra soft pillow that I'm sure you'll extremely appreciate."

The Food Soul's ears perked up at the offer, his eyes flashing open and jumping to his feet as if he had risen from the dead. "Really?"

The Attendant chuckled, happy that she finally got the stubborn food soul going. "Yes, really. But of course, with a few extra conditions."

"What? Tell me, what?"

"If you get through all of your shifts, chores, and tasks without falling asleep before five, I'll give you everything I promised."

"Yes, Master Attendant! I shall finish them in a flash!" Escargot was about to dash out of his bedroom to begin his day, but stopped at the doorway. "Um, actually... Can I make one more request?"

The Master Attendant laughed. "Of course."

"Uhh... Can you sleep with me tonight...?"

Right as the words exited from his mouth, the Master Attendant felt a sudden rush of heat in her face. She turned away to hide the color that blossomed over her cheeks, evidently embarrassed.

"Well... I mean... I'll think about it...? If you do an extraordinary job today, then I'll consider it. How about that?"

Escargot beamed and nodded. "Alright then, I'll—" Another yawn interrupted his words and he slumped against the door, another wave of exhaustion washing over him. But he jerked awake the next second, remembering the deal. "Oh my, that was close."

Chuckling, the Master Attendant handed him a comb. "At least comb your hair first. Well then, I'll see you downstairs! Wide awake, too."

a/n: oh dear lord what the heck did I just write—