Orochi: Point of No Return. 🔚

billie eilish — bury a friend.
slight spoilers for Sakurajima story missions? just be warned.

➰➰➰

You slowly approached the Orochi that had succumbed into a heap on the ground before you, its mask chipped and cracked beyond repair. Behind you, your team of Food Souls along with Ichi, Olivia, and Mithra hollered for you to halt and turn back around and retreat, but you didn't obey them.

"Master Attendant! What are you doing, that Orochi's dangerous—"

"Come back! Y/N, you'll get hurt!"

And then the doors slammed shut, their voices muffled as you went past the point of no return.

Why were you so attracted to this Orochi in particular? You didn't know either— perhaps you felt a connection to it, knowing that this Orochi was also once a Master Attendant.

Sushi and Sashimi's Master Attendant, to be exact. And since you had taken them under your wing, perhaps you could find more of their backstories and pasts through their previous Master Attendant.

You were fascinated by this human turned Fallen Angel. Deep inside, you also felt pity— the pain the Master Attendant must've been forced through when it got transformed into this hideous monster.

what do you want from me?

It seemed to emit a deadly aura but you weren't fazed, your curiosity driving you closer and closer to the edge of the cliff.

go back

why don't you run from me?

You felt the glare through its mask, and your mind screamed for you to turn back, but it was already too late. You were in too deep, too far into the open, past the point of no return.

nobody can save you now

what are you wondering, what do you know?

Your hand reached for Orochi's mask, and piece by piece, you brushed the fragments of its façade away to reveal the darkness underneath.

You wanted to see what was left of this "human" after it had been turned. Your eyes searched for any trace of humaneness in this killing machine that had terrorized the entire island for countless decades.

it's too late

why aren't you scared of me?

why do you care for me?

You saw nothing. All you saw was a darkness, an endless void. Your fingers reached for its face

all you felt was a murky dread

dark, sticky, its blackness dripping through your fingers

and the next moment

you were the one that was trapped in its grasp

unable to flow and escape through its fingers.

when we all fall asleep,

where do we go?