Steak: Yours Truly. 🌹

a very late valentine's day gift.

- 🥀 -

Steak's heart skipped a beat as you suddenly crashed your lips against his, grabbing his collar to get his head down to your height.

"Can't you be more in character?" You gritted through the kiss.

"Hng—"

What. The. Fuck.

Slowly and unsurely, the noble's arms snaked around your torso and pressed even deeper into the kiss. Your attempt at catching your breath unintentionally ended up sounding more like a moan, and Steak seemed to flinch at the sound.

This is the most insane thing I've ever done, I swear—

You opened your right eye to check for your pursuer and exhaled a sigh of relief when they were nowhere in sight. As soon as your grip loosened on the redhead, he gave you a forceful shove (not hard enough to knock you over) and felt his lips. "What the hell!?"

"I deeply apologize sir! I-I had a reason to—" You stammered, cheeks flushed red.

"I don't want to hear it. Go away." Steak turned on his heel and began walking away.

"Please! I really need your assistance just for this one night—"

"No way in hell am I sleeping with you."

"I'm not asking for that! Please, hear me out—"

The horned Food Soul whirled around. "I don't have to oblige to anything you request because I am not bound to you by any means."

"I'm being hunted, please..."

Steak froze. "W-what?"

Your eyes darkened at the mention, your skin crawling at the thought of them.

"...By who?"

"Listen, I just need you to accompany me and protect me, just for tonight. You're a Food Soul, right?" You inquired, and Steak nodded. "I don't know the true identity of the person, but just note that they have blonde hair, and they're in a navy blue suit." Your eyes darted to the crowd gathered in the center of the ballroom, still on the lookout for your assassin.

"...Sure. But may I ask why?"

You blinked, wondering if you should share some of your darkest secrets that nobody else knows with a stranger you randomly forced into a kiss.

Absolutely.

Because at this moment, this stranger was your most trusted. You spilled every detail you knew out to him, without missing a droplet of information.

"I'm so sorry for what you've gone through..." Steak breathed out, his eyebrows knotted in pity as he heard your horrid story. "You should consider summoning some of us so you'll constantly have companions wherever you go."

"I did, but I have no idea how and I'm too afraid to ask anyone because I don't know if they would somehow have ties to my father..." You paused. "Wait, who's your Master Attendant?"

"I have none. I'm kept alive through a crystal."

You raised an eyebrow. "So you're just not bound to anyone?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." You let out a deep sigh.

"What do you know about summoning Food Souls? I can guide you through one," Steak offered. You fidgeted and shifted on the spot.

"Close to nothing...? But my grandmother handed me an artifact before I ran away for good..." You reached into the inside pocket of your outerwear and retrieved a ring. The crimson ruby seemed to encase a small, flickering flame, and Steak's heartbeat seemingly stopped altogether as he recognized the object. "She always had it around her thumb."

Steak was speechless. He could only stare, gaping.

"Hey, are you there? Is everything alright? Is this some sort of magic or power I'm not supposed to have?" You snapped your fingers in front of him, but he only glanced away.

"What was your grandmother's name?" He whispered under his breath.

"U-um..."

"It was Lindsey. Why?"

Steak's eyes flashed as his attention whipped back to you. "It can't be..."

In your eyes, he suddenly saw his beloved, charismatic Master Attendant that once owned him, the same mischievous shimmer that appeared whenever she got excited but eventually dimmed as death knocked on her door. The same jet black hair that faded into gray, then finally into a deathly white— except this one had a streak of red.

He never knew that the glimmer he had been so obsessed with would appear again, right in front of him. Trying to bite back his tears, he attempted to explain as calmly as he could.

"That ring... was a part of me. The artifact belongs to me. Your grandmother was my Master Attendant, and it was because of this ring that I was summoned to her in the first place."

"If you somehow acquire a Food Soul's artifact, they'll be automatically bound to you."

You swallowed. "Which means..."

The redhead kneeled before you, lifting his sword with two hands as he bowed.

"This body, this heart, and this sword in my hands shall be forever loyal to you, my one and only Master Attendant."

~🌹~

i've been listening to chungha's gotta go and it's just so good ughh
stan this queen 👑

also, I changed some of the rules of summoning a food soul because I never understood the artifacts and I thought it'd be cool if it had more significance. 80 fragments are just too much lolol

oh man imagine steak pledging to you in his dream time skin

fuc—

lol k thx for reading HAHAHA